Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to be too pedantic, but a ceramic coating doesn't really "protect" anything-- at a few microns thick, it can't. What it _does_ do is make the surface much less "attractive" (for lack of a better term), so that it's less likely to retain dirt, and dirt on it will wash off more easily.

That's pretty much it. Most places that offer ceramic coatings are deliberately vague on what it does...

I've had it done on one car, and it did work well for about 18 months before it wore away, but for the cost I don't think it's worth it.
What about those that offer “lifetime “ warranties? Should I expect it to really last the lifetime of the vehicle?

What about those that offer “lifetime “ warranties? Should I expect it to really last the lifetime of the vehicle?
I had a great experience with OptiCoat on my Model S - 8 years later, water still beaded like crazy and I could pretty much hose it off to clean it. Also Opticoated your X and 5 years later, water still beading on that too. The other benefit is it takes minimum maintenance--clay it once a year.

Reactions: DrJ and GrnSqrl
I have done a lot of research PPF and ceramic coating and have decided to do full PPF Expel Stealth with a ceramic coating. Will protect and provide a black matte finish. The thing to keep in mind is, yes it works and will protect the cars paint and with a ceramic coating will look showroom new for a very long time. The down side is, this is purely cosmetic and a complete sunken cost that you will not recover when you sell the vehicle. I plan to keep my new model S for a long time so am willing to invest in protecting the paint and adding an amazing sound system.
That's exactly what I'm doing with my X. Xpel Stealth with ceramic coating. Good choice :cool:

Account page updated to this. Still 6/1-30 delivery. Is this good, bad, or just more sugar?

Attachments

• CC40E17E-A94F-464A-890A-B4B12E3C9B3F.png
    CC40E17E-A94F-464A-890A-B4B12E3C9B3F.png
    361.6 KB · Views: 67
My Tesla account is back up, and I'm in...and the changes are super exciting...oh...maybe not. No change. August. :confused: Maybe I'll order the same MS Plaid today with the exact same color and options...just to see expected delivery on that new MS Plaid ordered today, 5/21/21 with an expected delivery of JUNE!?!?!?!?! :rolleyes: EDIT, 25 min later...down again, can't get into my account. Geez. Cuckoo for Coco Puffs! 🤪

Last edited:
My Tesla account is back up, and I'm in...and the changes are super exciting...oh...maybe not. No change. August. :confused: Maybe I'll order the same MS Plaid today with the exact same color and options...just to see expected delivery on that new MS Plaid ordered today, 5/21/21 with an expected delivery of JUNE!?!?!?!?! :rolleyes:🤪
That might not be a bad idea ...

I know June for these is unlikely, but imagine if you ended up actually getting your "May order" in June, you could always cancel your earlier one and only be out the $100.

Again, I agree and fully doubt it will actually deliver June ahead of all the ones already on the list (I think it's all PR) but you could always call their bluff.

That might not be a bad idea ...

I know June for these is unlikely, but imagine if you ended up actually getting your "May order" in June, you could always cancel your earlier one and only be out the $100.

Again, I agree and fully doubt it will actually deliver June ahead of all the ones already on the list (I think it's all PR) but you could always call their bluff.
I’m not a lawyer, but I’m pretty sure if they led you to believe your car would be available no later than March and months later you still don’t have a delivery scheduled, you can cancel and expect a refund. I doubt they would keep it, particularly if you have another car ordered.

So I had lunch with my parents today. I have mentioned how my father makes jabs at me waiting on my Tesla. Well, he ordered a MY for my mother last night. At lunch today, she stops and says "you know I may have my Tesla before you". Thanks mom...
This happened to my wife and I lol. I had the S order placed and was ready for March. She put in her order for the MY in the first two weeks of March. Got it the same month before quarter end.

I think it's definitely worth noting that each day that passed over the estimated delivery date, it would just jump forward one additional day until she got her VIN. I wonder if we'll experience the same thing.

Finally got a call back from my SA. Now that wood trim is an option for plaid, I asked about changing mine from carbon fiber.
She said the same thing she mentioned in her email; "If you want the car ASAP, I would NOT make any changes regardless if it's a color change, wood trim, wheels, etc.."
However, she said once I get a VIN, it might be possible to make a change. That doesn't really make sense, but hopefully she's right. We shall see..

I’m not a lawyer, but I’m pretty sure if they led you to believe your car would be available no later than March and months later you still don’t have a delivery scheduled, you can cancel and expect a refund. I doubt they would keep it, particularly if you have another car ordered.
I am a lawyer (no kidding, I am), and you're right, even without the caveat of what they "led you to believe".

My point was that, if Tesla was seriously going to deliver in June to those that ordered today, at worst you'd lose $100 to just place another order. All I meant is that it's all PR-speak, and it would be the worst PR event ever if it ended up happening.

I believe this means that, according to the status reported by manufacturing and delivery, you are one step closer to getting your car that those with just the date (and 2 steps closer than those without a date)
Unfortunately, the monkey found me. Account went back to previous version and now is unavailable. False hope sugar.

Reactions: Danlbrau and Tigers
Finally got a call back from my SA. Now that wood trim is an option for plaid, I asked about changing mine from carbon fiber.
She said the same thing she mentioned in her email; "If you want the car ASAP, I would NOT make any changes regardless if it's a color change, wood trim, wheels, etc.."
However, she said once I get a VIN, it might be possible to make a change. That doesn't really make sense, but hopefully she's right. We shall see..

The site isn't working for me... Do you know if CF is an option for LR?