Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also interesting is this rendering of the phenomena we all already understand, the 'Tesla Timeline'. Interesting to see it visually, though.

Attachments

• E19sINtWEAEwMF-.jpeg
    E19sINtWEAEwMF-.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 91
Except it’s not a Plaid. It’s a LR. These people are such goofs and have no idea the differences between the LR and Plaid versions. 🙄

I really hope this *sugar* doesn't last for the ownership of the car, but I'm guessing it will. Even the EV "journalists" don't know the god damn difference.

@joga - Don't post *sugar* from that horrible Twitter account. It's just some TSLAQ asshole who tries to make things look worse than they actually are. Disingenuous at best.

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer and Drew-MS
I really hope this *sugar* doesn't last for the ownership of the car, but I'm guessing it will. Even the EV "journalists" don't know the god damn difference.

@joga - Don't post *sugar* from that horrible Twitter account. It's just some TSLAQ asshole who tries to make things look worse than they actually are. Disingenuous at best.
I assume you mean the Friends video. Yeah, I debated but in the end, the theme song got me... :)

I assume you mean the Friends video. Yeah, I debated but in the end, the theme song got me... :)

If it were a joking manner, ok sure, but literally everything that guy tweets is anti-elon musk. I swear it's Jeff Bezos or something. Tesla/SpaceX/Musk aren't perfect companies of course, but what kind of jackass do you have to be to spend your life posting negative *sugar* about a guy and companies that have added tremendous value to society?

And the dude ONLY talks about Musk, it's not like a channel calling out BS. should change the name to @elonbangedmywife

I admit I am new to the Tesla world and I think Tesla/Musk are doing great things for the EV world. Not perfect like some act but still pretty good.

I do not get the people that just are filled with a unrelenting rage against Musk or Tesla. Did I miss something before joing the group?

There's a lot of people that shorted Tesla and lost a lot of money. I think another part is, people are really annoyed by the fanboys (hell, even I am) and that causes some internal desire to counteract this blind love. And then there are people who genuinely have had issues with a new automotive company/technology. Bad build quality (especially early Model 3s). Some of the first and second gen tech on Model S/X aren't amazing (like door handles failing, software-controlled charge limits, etc).

My big thing against Elon/Tesla is the FSD nonsense. It's an outright scam at this point and he uses FOMO to sell software that doesn't work. For example, autopark isn't even as good as it is on current ICE cars. Musk is too overly reliant on software that can't match physical hardware (more sensors).

Tesla - because it's new, because big oil hates them, because legacy OEMs hate them, get tons of negative media coverage by the mainstream media. Lots of distorted facts and half-truths. So when something goes wrong with a Tesla, no matter how minor or isolated, it's a massive news story. So many people just want Tesla to fail.

Also, as you've experienced - his timelines for *sugar* are completely unreliable and so most people have learned to ignore him.

However - flipside - when the cars do work and are delivered with no major issues (99% of the time), they are awesome and Tesla leads the way in making them awesome. I've mentioned this before, but Tesla's software (on the screen in the car), the app and the charging network are unmatched (not close) in the automotive world right now..

All in all - I promise you the new Model S is not going to be perfect, you'll have software bugs, you'll likely need a service visit (or 3) for more than likely minor things, especially since we are buying the new *sugar*. But the other 99% of the time you'll be glad you didn't buy something else.

For those of you curious, things wrong with my brand new VW ID4 so far:

1. App sucks ass - slow to open and any function takes literal 2-3 minutes to activate within the car. (Took two weeks for it to even work at all).
  2. The wireless charger doesn't work.
  3. Two/four USB plugins dont work.
  4. The kick sensor rear lift gate only works ~1/2 the time.
  5. There's always some weird sensor warning when I get in the car.
  6. Theres always a warning to turn off the automatic headlights when I park (lol).
  7. The infotainment screen is very laggy.
  8. The car was delivered with a misaligned door panel.
  9. Interior trim is misaligned.
  10. Car was trapped at a charger and had to call support.
  11. VW has literally ZERO support for any issues - they are clueless (call centers and dealers) on issues.

So - let me put it this way: This is way more than I had to deal with vs my Model 3 which I had for a year. I've only had this thing one month. Still overall like the car, but I know Im not the only one with these issues - why arent they in the news?

Last edited:
I admit I am new to the Tesla world and I think Tesla/Musk are doing great things for the EV world. Not perfect like some act but still pretty good.

I do not get the people that just are filled with a unrelenting rage against Musk or Tesla. Did I miss something before joing the group?
From what I have read, a lot of owners feel Tesla has abandoned them pretty much as soon as Tesla got their money. Loads of people have had terrible SC experiences, expensive repairs not covered under warranty, and of course charge gate, battery gate, emmc issues, etc.

From what I have read, a lot of owners feel Tesla has abandoned them pretty much as soon as Tesla got their money. Loads of people have had terrible SC experiences, expensive repairs not covered under warranty, and of course charge gate, battery gate, emmc issues, etc.

Don't forget handing out free loaners to celebrities while many of us have gone carless per Tesla's timeline... Or lack there of...

If no one is getting Vins now. Guessing earliest we would see anything delivered is 2-3 weeks into june. Unless i’m mistaken
True. Guessing first VINs are issued next week or perhaps even during that June 3rd event in Fremont, CA the following week. Then, deliveries start at mid-end of June. Still wondering about possible July deliveries and why almost nobody's Tesla accounts are showing estimated delivery July. Why skip July and go straight to August? Are they just going to build & deliver M3s & MYs in July and no refresh MS?

Reactions: Tigers

When you’re a new car company and then become more valuable than all other car companies combined, of course there will be haters. A lot of jealousy involved as well.
Tesla’s timing couldn’t have been better for an EV company. All the climate concerns etc..