Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. Guessing first VINs are issued next week or perhaps even during that June 3rd event in Fremont, CA the following week. Then, deliveries start at mid-end of June. Still wondering about possible July deliveries and why almost nobody's Tesla accounts are showing estimated delivery July. Why skip July and go straight to August? Are they just going to build & deliver M3s & MYs in July and no refresh MS?
Maybe they have decided to manufacture MS for other countries ahead of schedule? All to be revealed at June 3rd event.

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
There's a lot of people that shorted Tesla and lost a lot of money. I think another part is, people are really annoyed by the fanboys (hell, even I am) and that causes some internal desire to counteract this blind love. And then there are people who genuinely have had issues with a new automotive company/technology. Bad build quality (especially early Model 3s). Some of the first and second gen tech on Model S/X aren't amazing (like door handles failing, software-controlled charge limits, etc).

My big thing against Elon/Tesla is the FSD nonsense. It's an outright scam at this point and he uses FOMO to sell software that doesn't work. For example, autopark isn't even as good as it is on current ICE cars. Musk is too overly reliant on software that can't match physical hardware (more sensors).

Tesla - because it's new, because big oil hates them, because legacy OEMs hate them, get tons of negative media coverage by the mainstream media. Lots of distorted facts and half-truths. So when something goes wrong with a Tesla, no matter how minor or isolated, it's a massive news story. So many people just want Tesla to fail.

Also, as you've experienced - his timelines for *sugar* are completely unreliable and so most people have learned to ignore him.

However - flipside - when the cars do work and are delivered with no major issues (99% of the time), they are awesome and Tesla leads the way in making them awesome. I've mentioned this before, but Tesla's software (on the screen in the car), the app and the charging network are unmatched (not close) in the automotive world right now..

All in all - I promise you the new Model S is not going to be perfect, you'll have software bugs, you'll likely need a service visit (or 3) for more than likely minor things, especially since we are buying the new *sugar*. But the other 99% of the time you'll be glad you didn't buy something else.

For those of you curious, things wrong with my brand new VW ID4 so far:

1. App sucks ass - slow to open and any function takes literal 2-3 minutes to activate within the car. (Took two weeks for it to even work at all).
  2. The wireless charger doesn't work.
  3. Two/four USB plugins dont work.
  4. The kick sensor rear lift gate only works ~1/2 the time.
  5. There's always some weird sensor warning when I get in the car.
  6. Theres always a warning to turn off the automatic headlights when I park (lol).
  7. The infotainment screen is very laggy.
  8. The car was delivered with a misaligned door panel.
  9. Interior trim is misaligned.
  10. Car was trapped at a charger and had to call support.
  11. VW has literally ZERO support for any issues - they are clueless (call centers and dealers) on issues.

So - let me put it this way: This is way more than I had to deal with vs my Model 3 which I had for a year. I've only had this thing one month. Still overall like the car, but I know Im not the only one with these issues - why arent they in the news?
My 1st EV (P100D) was my all time fav car. And I’ve owned at least 25 cars in my life (approx 10 were more than $100K - AMGs, BMWs, Porsche Turbos etc. I have no interest in buying another expensive ice car.

My 1st EV (P100D) was my all time fav car. And I’ve owned at least 25 cars in my life (approx 10 were more than $100K - AMGs, BMWs, Porsche Turbos etc. I have no interest in buying another expensive ice car.

Why? Is it due to ICE vs EV or is the S just that good of a car (serious question to understand context of satisfaction)?

Last edited:
True. Guessing first VINs are issued next week or perhaps even during that June 3rd event in Fremont, CA the following week. Then, deliveries start at mid-end of June. Still wondering about possible July deliveries and why almost nobody's Tesla accounts are showing estimated delivery July. Why skip July and go straight to August? Are they just going to build & deliver M3s & MYs in July and no refresh MS?
Since the S/X share the same line, I would assume July deliveries of the Model X would start if they really aren’t planning on delivering the Model S. Model 3 and Model Y production should not alter the S/X line.

Has anyone here been monitoring the X refresh? When are first deliveries scheduled?

Why? Is it due to ICE vs EV or is the S just that goid of a car (serious question to understand context of satisfaction)?
The S was just soo good. My 2nd fav car was my 2018 E63. There was a 5-6 month period they were both sitting in my garage at the same time. I always chose to drive the P100D and only drove the E63 for a couple min after it was sitting for a while. Of course, I ended up selling the E63.

I won't be buying any new ICE cars either but probably can't kick the habit of buying old ones. No worries about the environment though because they mainly just sit in the garage to look at or at Cars & Coffee to talk about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew-MS
Kids, (term used jealously) when we finally do get our cars (and it does appear that “E-Day” is actually approaching) will we stop checking here every 10 minutes ( or less) and go through some sort of emotional withdrawals. I for one will miss the very witty, informative and entertaining banter that I’ve got to experience. Of course I’ll then have quite a bit more time on my hands so I can go out to show off my new ride.

I won't be buying any new ICE car either but probably can't kick the habit of buying old ones. No worries about the environment though because they mainly sit in the garage to look at or at Cars & Coffee to talk about.
Fair enough, I can appreciate that. In my post, I didn’t say I’d never buy another ice car, I’d never buy an expensive ice car. I actually like ice SUVs for towing etc. like X3, Jeep’s.

Since the S/X share the same line, I would assume July deliveries of the Model X would start if they really aren’t planning on delivering the Model S. Model 3 and Model Y production should not alter the S/X line.

Has anyone here been monitoring the X refresh? When are first deliveries scheduled?
Don't know if it's absoluetly true or not, but it's been reported that the new refresh MX won't be delivered until this Fall at best; seems like they're really starting the "refresh" models with the MS LR & Plaid, not the MX LR & Plaid at this time.

Reactions: Drew-MS
I agree wholeheartedly. I have always driven luxury German sedans with the largest and smoothest engines possible. My last few cars before I switched to EV’s were all V12’s. Audi W12 and BMW 760’s. After owning Tesla’s, I just can’t imagine ever going back to an ICE vehicle. The fit, finish, and comfort levels were all better on the German cars, but driving an ICE vehicle feels like a horse and buggy compared a Performance Model S.

I can’t really put my finger on a single issue, but driving an ICE vehicle just feels like stepping back in time to experience archaic technology. Waiting for an explosion to occur inside of an engine and then transferring that energy to the ground via a transmission and torque converter is a painfully slow, loud, and rough process. To me it feels like what we were talking about the other day with internet speeds. ICE cars feel like dialup connections and a powerful EV feels like gigabit broadband. Nothing really compares to the immediate, effortless power and torque of an EV. I also love regenerative braking and driving with one pedal. Once you get used to that one pedal driving, an ICE vehicle just feels completely out of control.

Kids, (term used jealously) when we finally do get our cars (and it does appear that “E-Day” is actually approaching) will we stop checking here every 10 minutes ( or less) and go through some sort of emotional withdrawals. I for one will miss the very witty, informative and entertaining banter that I’ve got to experience. Of course I’ll then have quite a bit more time on my hands so I can go out to show off my new ride.
I have a feeling most of us will still be on TMC in another thread of course 👍.
I agree wholeheartedly. I have always driven luxury German sedans with the largest and smoothest engines possible. My last few cars before I switched to EV’s were all V12’s. Audi W12 and BMW 760’s. After owning Tesla’s, I just can’t imagine ever going back to an ICE vehicle. The fit, finish, and comfort levels were all better on the German cars, but driving an ICE vehicle feels like a horse and buggy compared a Performance Model S.

I can’t really put my finger on a single issue, but driving an ICE vehicle just feels like stepping back in time to experience archaic technology. Waiting for an explosion to occur inside of an engine and then transferring that energy to the ground via a transmission and torque converter is a painfully slow, loud, and rough process. To me it feels like what we were talking about the other day with internet speeds. ICE cars feel like dialup connections and a powerful EV feels like gigabit broadband. Nothing really compares to the immediate, effortless power and torque of an EV. I also love regenerative braking and driving with one pedal. Once you get used to that one pedal driving, an ICE vehicle just feels completely out of control.
Yup agree 100%.. couldn’t have said it better 🍻

The X refresh doesn’t appear to be getting nearly as much love as the S. I haven’t heard much about the X. My guess is Tesla will sell 5 S for every 1 X. This is just total guesswork ha

Fellow Utahn. Are you taking delivery in SLC? What are your order details? Model, RN, order date current delivery estimate
SLC, yeah. Although I gave my home address if they for some reason want to deliver an hour away.

Minimal expectations, I was going to wait for a test drive before ordering, then saw the timeline kept shifting over the past few weeks and decided just to reserve.

Early may order, 1149, LR, Blue/Black, Stock wheels.

Delivery window is currently completely missing (no dash). During the recent changes, my account spent ~1 week (I think 4-5 days once, then reset, then 1-3 days) showing June delivery.

I'm keeping expectations low since my order is ultra late, I only started paying attention again when they [accidently?] changed the date to June.