Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 665299
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but plaid models can now choose between carbon fiber and wood.
What the, wow. Wish we could have the CF option for LR. Come to think of it, could the trim have been the important supplier parts Elon tweeted about weeks ago? Seems to align with the mules missing trim.

If the dates in our accounts keep changing, why would any of us believe what the website estimates for new deliveries?

With the exception of those that sold their vehicles (or leases ended, etc.) in anticipation of a March delivery, most everyone else here just wants their new toy (now!) It is human nature to want immediate gratification after the decision has been made to spend the money. However, at the end of the day, this is just a car to get you from point A to B. Same thing with the latest iPhone people want immediately -- at the end of the day, it's just a phone. We all need to relax.

I am anxious too, but August will be here before you know...
True, but I live in New England. A new “toy” at the end of fall is not nearly as enjoyable as it would be in the summer.

We talked about people with expensive cars in apartments awhile back, and I mentioned this guy living in a shack with a corvette. I took some photos last time I drove by.

FB22018A-E1EF-4D9F-A096-ECFACF984D91.jpeg
DB0860B0-3814-466D-9C55-A42B575CE781.jpeg

We talked about people with expensive cars in apartments awhile back, and I mentioned this guy living in a shack with a corvette. I took some photos last time I drove by.

View attachment 665325View attachment 665326
One of those "tiny houses?" Kinda neat and it must work for him. And a really old (C5 or C6?) 'Vette not worth much (~ $20k?), but again, who are we to judge? Not right. Who knows what his story is? Not our business and we shouldn't judge. Everyone is on their own path in life. 🙏 :) BTW -- he may own ALL the land all around his house and 1-car garage or maybe he's just renting a small space for a while...who knows?

Last edited:
Just an uniformed SA spouting what the site says on new orders. Does not necessarily reflect existing orders. They have a metric crap load of LR at the factory they will not just sit on if they can deliver.
I think it's been firmly established, by all the accounts on this forum, that neither Tesla's website nor SAs can be relied upon. We'll get our cars whenever Tesla decides to bestow them upon us (and take our money). Of course, none of these facts explain why we compulsively keep checking the Tesla website or contacting our SAs. 😖

View attachment 665325View attachment 665326
That looks almost exactly like the places I was thinking about. I also see the opposite a lot. Big, nice houses with worn out cars. It really highlights the differing priorities.

And I can't blame them, tbh.

Reactions: Danlbrau
I seriously think all auto companies are waiting for chips out of China for certain model cars. It's probably a sensitive subject area to call China out on it. I think the lack of info out of Tesla surely means they have no idea when the parts will arrive. I can wait but if it arrives in Fall I hope it's labeled a 2022 to avoid a 10K hit in value a couple months later.

One of those "tiny houses?" Kinda neat and it must work for him. And a really old (C5 or C6?) 'Vette not worth much (~ $20k?), but again, who are we to judge? Not right. Who knows what his story is? Not our business and we shouldn't judge. Everyone is on their own path in life. 🙏 :) BTW -- he may own ALL the land all around his house and 1-car garage or maybe he's just renting a small space for a while...who knows?
It still looks stupid. And this is coming from you? You mocked me for having an old car and then proceeded to brag about all of yours. You're being very hypocritical here.

That looks almost exactly like the places I was thinking about. I also see the opposite a lot. Big, nice houses with worn out cars. It really highlights the differing priorities.

And I can't blame them, tbh.
Yeah there is a guy at work that probably makes twice as much as me, driving a 20 year old Tundra with rusted out bumpers and 350K miles on it. I have to assume his house is amazing.

It still looks stupid. And this is coming from you? You mocked me for having an old car and then proceeded to brag about all of yours. You're being very hypocritical here.
I disagree. But, wow...who has the thin skin now? Anyhow, let's get back on topic, shall we JESTER? My Tesla account still says August and unless I see a change to July in the next couple weeks just before, during, or after the June 3rd MS Plaid delivery event, I'm thinking August it will be. C'est la vie.