Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree. But, wow...who has the thin skin now? Anyhow, let's get back on topic, shall we JESTER? My Tesla account still says August and unless I see a change to July in the next couple weeks just before, during, or after the June 3rd MS Plaid delivery event, I'm thinking August it will be. C'est la vie.
Not thin skin to point out your hypocrisy. I think you don't understand that term.

Not thin skin to point out your hypocrisy. I think you don't understand that term.
We've had 4+ years of continuous HYPOCRISY from one side of the aisle, so yeah, I know what it is. But keep poking, JESTER...you looking even more respectful and mature aren't you JESTER? You posted up something completely irrelevant and quite frankly, a bit retarded, and everyone saw how I responded which many people understood as wise words of wisdom about life. Perhaps you're not there just yet. Hopefully one day you will be JESTER. ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: joga
We've had 4+ years of continuous HYPOCRISY from one side of the aisle, so yeah, I know what it is. But keep poking, JESTER...you looking even more respectful and mature aren't you JESTER? You posted up something completely irrelevant and quite frankly, a bit retarded, and everyone saw how I responded which many people understood as wise words of wisdom about life. Perhaps you're not there just yet. Hopefully one day you will be JESTER. ;)
Are you really using my photo as a means of insult? You referenced it four times, then try to call yourself wiser. Okay, Florida man. ;)

Alright - some of you heathens are getting out of hand.

Anyway - I did my monthly stop by to pester the Tesla people today, here's what I got:

- They aren't expecting any showroom S/X at all for the time being, customers are being prioritized (@Hayseed_MS)
- He said that the rumor is they are delivering the first 100 vehicles during the event, those are likely the ones we see in the flyover
- The UFC guy really shook Elon and he basically told the team that they need to get *sugar* wrapped now for deliveries (more software side of the house, is what he hinted).
- Parts and the like are certainly causing some strain
- He thinks that August is optimistic for me, as he believes June will be minimal, with July being a ramp up taking a month (we are 2-3 weeks from VIN to delivery here).
- Said people call him every day and yell at him lol.

Oh - he also said demand for all cars is insane.

Last edited:

Anyway - I did my monthly stop by to pester the Tesla people today, here's what I got:

- They aren't expecting any showroom S/X at all for the time being, customers are being prioritized (@Hayseed_MS)
- He said that the rumor is they are delivering the first 100 vehicles during the event, those are likely the ones we see in the flyover
- The UFC guy really shook Elon and he basically told the team that they need to get *sugar* wrapped now for deliveries (more software side of the house, is what he hinted).
- He thinks that August is optimistic for me, as he believes June will be minimal, with July being a ramp up taking a month (we are 2-3 weeks from VIN to delivery here).
They may shoot themselves in the foot if they back up deliveries past the 2022 spec announcements.

Yeah there is a guy at work that probably makes twice as much as me, driving a 20 year old Tundra with rusted out bumpers and 350K miles on it. I have to assume his house is amazing.
That's the problem...don't ASSume anything. Perhaps he got divorced and he pays $4,000/mo. in alimony + $1,200/month for child support? Who knows. Maybe he lives in a nice house, maybe not. Maybe he just doesn't care much about cars; he just wants reliable transportation that gets him from point A to point B? Who cares? Doesn't matter. Either you're very young or idk, something else is wrong with you but you make too many judgments and assumptions about other people. I'm not being hypocritical and I never bragged about anything I have or whatever. I really try not to judge or assume anything anymore.

As far as your old 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT (and yes I know what it is, my brother had a modded '92 Dodge Stealth TT, the Mitsu twin) but sold that > a decade ago when he bought a '10 Nissan GT-R and he's had 2 other cars since the GT-R like a lot of people here. Most people cannot afford to buy/lease and drive a $100k+ car and many are just pretending they can afford it...in which case, that usually gets them into financial trouble.

This Tesla MS Plaid will actually be my most expensive vehicle I've ever owned but at 52 and in my own business now for 7+ years (after a long, successful career as a cardiovascular surgical device rep for Open Heart Surgery), I feel I've earned the right to drive whatever I want and I can afford it, so why not? Plus, I recently sold 2 vehicles I owned outright which helps to pay for this one, hehe. ;)

Last edited:

Oh - he also said demand for all cars is insane.
All sounds about right...makes sense. Thinking your Tesla people are more knowledgeable than most; probably fairly accurate. Good job.

That's kinda pathetic. It would be nice if he took a break from being a crypto troll and paid some attention to his actual business.

Also - just a reminder, don't be an ass to the SAs. They aren't hiding information from you purposely, they get tidbits here and there. Don't call in demanding answers and getting pissed off when they don't have any. It isn't their fault. Just let these people work in peace.

This poor guy's head sunk like a turtle as soon as I said "Model S'...

My SA is a great guy. I treat him right and see it as a team approach in bringing home this S.

He returns my calls or texts or e-mails. He even initiates calls to just keep me in what little loop there is available.

Reactions: irish26 and JimLL
Either you're very young or idk, something else is wrong with you but you make too many judgments and assumptions about other people.
I'm 48. In the same sentence you tell me not to make assumptions or judgements, you tell me I must be young, or something is wrong with me. You THEN say in the next sentence you are not hypocritical...

I don't think I have made judgements about anybody here. That photo I posted was not a judgement, it was an observation, added because of a previous conversation about disparities in vehicle value vs. living arrangements. He has lived like that for at least 6 years now, and I thought it was an interesting and extreme example of said conversation. If it works for him, great, but it is still an interesting contrast in domicile to vehicle.

Reactions: Fastcar
That's kinda pathetic. It would be nice if he took a break from being a crypto troll and paid some attention to his actual business.

I took it sort of as It was an embarrassment for him and the company and that the team is/was still tweaking *sugar*. After that, though, he just came in and said enough is enough, just get to whatever acceptable state and ship it. IDK - I didnt take it that Elon was slacking off and not pushing the team, moreso it was one of the last straws.

Keep in mind - this was definitely gossip, not something he was told officially lol.