Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Se

ll that’s my store, I just dropped by and they said Plaid deliveries are being prioritized and it’s unlikely my LR will be delivered by then. In which case I can expect September because they only deliver cars March June September and December. First time I heard that, although it does jive with originally being told March, then June, and now essentially 🖕 you.
I got the impression it's all about Plaid deliveries and orders.

You and other LR orders deserve better than that. Call Merle and ask for a test drive, like he offered me.

Called my sa and asked about June delivery for plaid and he said. Wait a second. Oh my, that is what the site says.

believe nothing from this company.
On the advice of one the members a few pages ago, I called the Sherman Oaks location and was told that, regardless of when my order was placed, the Model S LR which I ordered on 11/24/20 will not be delivered until September or October because no LRs are being manufactured, only Plaids. What kind of *bullsugar* is this???

On the advice of one the members a few pages ago, I called the Sherman Oaks location and was told that, regardless of when my order was placed, the Model S LR which I ordered on 11/24/20 will not be delivered until September or October because no LRs are being manufactured, only Plaids. What kind of *bullsugar* is this???
If true, I’m on my way to Porsche dealer!

Reactions: JimLL
Just off the phone with Sherman Oaks SA, Marlen.

June 3rd will be part marketing, part delivery event. Vids of the car in action.

Deliveries will not just be Fremont, but occurs nationwide.

Those that ordered early and have their account complete will get their cars before the later orders.

If you have more questions OK to call Sales at the Sherman Oaks store.

I was offered a test drive of a Plaid. Of course I said yes!!!

Take the above and $10 and you can get a free cup of coffee at Starbucks..
Marlen is my SA too. He’s responsive when I text him, but like all SA’s he doesn’t have any information, so there’s not much value he can add. Presumably once these things start rolling off the lines SA’s will have access to useful information, otherwise talking to them is like teaching a pig to speak. You’re wasting your time and annoying the pig.

• Funny
Reactions: Ribeyesteak
Two different thumbnail sizes for my orders, newest being smallest which must mean it's closest to being delivered. I must spend 30 minutes looking at the source code to figure out what this means. Will report back. Wish me luck.
1621895532998.png

Marlen is my SA too. He’s responsive when I text him, but like all SA’s he doesn’t have any information, so there’s not much value he can add. Presumably once these things start rolling off the lines SA’s will have access to useful information, otherwise talking to them is like teaching a pig to speak. You’re wasting your time and annoying the pig.
Well, he called me. I never even visited the store, AFAIK, and placed my now cancelled order on line Sept 22.

Call me a fool, but I would like to believe there is really going to be nationwide delivery when it happens.

Pretty sure gabeinca drone footage shows quite a few of the line already.

I think it is fair to assume it is all about the plaid at least for the first deliveries. That sucks for the LR orders, understand why one would consider the Taicant.

Tempted to call Marlen back and get that drive he offered.

Reactions: JimLL
If I switch my order's interior from Carbon to Wood, will that push me back in line? I don't totally trust you guys because I'm sure you'd be happy if you all moved up a notch but I'm asking anyway :p

And is there a good place to call? I don't want to bother the wrong person.

If I switch my order's interior from Carbon to Wood, will that push me back in line? I don't totally trust you guys because I'm sure you'd be happy if you all moved up a notch but I'm asking anyway :p

And is there a good place to call? I don't want to bother the wrong person.
I think any change risks you getting the boot at this point. Better off waiting until cars start delivery and then find someone around here who wants to trade.

Reactions: asimo3089
I think any change risks you getting the boot at this point. Better off waiting until cars start delivery and then find someone around here who wants to trade.
I was worried about the same thing about going from MSM to Red, and my SA said it has no impact at all and I tend to believe him especially if it's for a Plaid which are the only cars getting delivered at this point. After waiting so long I also would rather get the car I really want vs worried about getting it 4 weeks earlier and living with it for 5+ years wishing I chose Red.

I know it's difficult to think it may delay it at all (I don't think it will, other factors at play), but I personally feel 10x better knowing I got the color I really want. My only hesitation for choosing Red initially was I ordered it twice before already and didn't want to do it three times, even though I knew it looked better.