Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the information from the SA about Plaid deliveries only and LR being pushed till Sept, are all of those cars in Gabeincali Flyovers plaids? I cant tell from above.

Very few had rear spoilers - predominantly LR in the video. There is (supposed to be) two order types. Converted orders to refresh - those I have been told they will deliver first regardless of LR or Plaid. Then the next wave will be new orders - first Plaid then LR. This would make sense and they do have inventory to do this one. They will not just sit on that many LR to build and deliver Plaid. They can deliver all their current inventory while making and delivering all the new Plaids in June.

That is my reality I want to live in for now - please do not disturb me...

After much hemming and hawing (are those words?), I bailed on my LR order and bought a 2018 CPO MB S450; she’s beautiful, she exists, and we’ll enjoy our M3 while Tesla gets things organized. In the meantime, I need to go find the Cybertruck version of this post; so I can get some therapy and group-suffering while waiting for production of that 12/2019 order... Good luck to all; I hope your wait isn’t too much longer for your new Model S...

Two different thumbnail sizes for my orders, newest being smallest which must mean it's closest to being delivered. I must spend 30 minutes looking at the source code to figure out what this means. Will report back. Wish me luck.
View attachment 665768
Update, now RN1145 is smaller and 1150 is larger. The URLs are exactly the same, only difference is a CSS class named MODEL_S_P2 vs MODEL_S.

Reactions: T-Racer
When I click on Manage Model S from my Tesla account main page, it goes to "page temporarily unavailable." So, the Tesla monkey is at it again. But I've been steady at August since 6/1/21-6/30/21 was taken away from me and replaced by August. Hoping for a nice change back to June or even July. Not holding my breath though since we've seen this a thousand times now.

The only thing that scares me is how many parts would be involved. It's not a Model 3 style swap.

Plus my previous S interiors have rattled in some areas from the factory. Imagine swapping interior trim pieces.
To be fair, you would have a lot higher attention to detail and craftsmanship than the factory is known for.

Ok, here’s an update.

They are simultaneously doing server side updates and account updates. I first suspected it when I noticed the order of my cars were constantly changing. My ordered cars would appear on top and then I would refresh a few hours later, and the order was based on what kind of car.

For example, my account would look like

Model 3
Model 3
Model Y
Model Y
Model S
Model S Order
Model X Order
Cybertruck Order
T-shirts

And then it would go to

Model S Order
Model X Order
etc

I withheld from posting until I got confirmation of the server side updates. My suspicions alone mean nothing without having them backed up. This is why some people are seeing dates and you also can’t log in. They are doing both at the same time.

No word yet on when this madness will end, though.

The only thing that scares me is how many parts would be involved. It's not a Model 3 style swap.

Plus my previous S interiors have rattled in some areas from the factory. Imagine swapping interior trim pieces.
I fully expect the Model S to rattle with or without interior trim pieces swapped out. It isn’t really a Tesla if it doesn’t rattle.

Ok, here’s an update.

They are simultaneously doing server side updates and account updates. I first suspected it when I noticed the order of my cars were constantly changing. My ordered cars would appear on top and then I would refresh a few hours later, and the order was based on what kind of car.

Model 3
Model 3
Model Y
Model Y
Model S
Model S Order
Model X Order
Cybertruck Order
T-shirts

And then it would go to

Model S Order
Model X Order
etc

I withheld from posting until I got confirmation of the server side updates. My suspicions alone mean nothing without having them backed up. This is why some people are seeing dates and you also can’t log in. They are doing both at the same time.

Sam, have you heard anything *special/surprising for the 3rd?

Ok, here’s an update.

Model 3
Model 3
Model Y
Model Y
Model S
Model S Order
Model X Order
Cybertruck Order
T-shirts

And then it would go to

Model S Order
Model X Order
etc

So does this mean they are updating with correct delivery dates?

Out of curiosity for those of you who ordered a long range... if it is true that the plaid is prioritized and the long range won’t be delivered until fourth quarter… are any of you going to cancel? I'm considering getting a model 3 performance if I find out next week that I’m going to have to wait until fall… I'm worried they won’t even confirm or deny that information 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just got this PREPARE FOR DELIVERY - REGISTRATION message on account page. Previously had June 1 - June 30 delivery. Then blank for about a week.
When white checkmark is clicked, it shows owners’ names and address.
Also do not see any other pages, like insurance.

2021 MS LR | Red | Cream |Tempest | Order RN1142 | November 2020View attachment 665722
You ordered in November. Shouldn't that be at a lower price?

Very few had rear spoilers - predominantly LR in the video. There is (supposed to be) two order types. Converted orders to refresh - those I have been told they will deliver first regardless of LR or Plaid. Then the next wave will be new orders - first Plaid then LR. This would make sense and they do have inventory to do this one. They will not just sit on that many LR to build and deliver Plaid. They can deliver all their current inventory while making and delivering all the new Plaids in June.

That is my reality I want to live in for now - please do not disturb me...
I prefer this reality over anything I’ve heard here for 1530 pages.

Out of curiosity for those of you who ordered a long range... if it is true that the plaid is prioritized and the long range won’t be delivered until fourth quarter… are any of you going to cancel? I'm considering getting a model 3 performance if I find out next week that I’m going to have to wait until fall… I'm worried they won’t even confirm or deny that information 🤦🏻‍♂️
No because that is a silly reason to not get the car that I've been waiting for a couple of months now. (for me anyway)

I have a Rivian R1S on order which I will consider if the LR gets significantly delayed.

I'm gonna agree with other posters on two points:

Orders converted to LR, placed before refresh announcement should get delivery close to the plaids.

You can't trust anything Tesla says, until you have a VIN, it's all speculation.

If you wanted to hedge your bets, you could spend $100 on a M3P, and you will be ahead of all the other panic stricken MS res holders should June 3 not be what it should be..

Ok, here’s an update.

Model 3
Model 3
Model Y
Model Y
Model S
Model S Order
Model X Order
Cybertruck Order
T-shirts

And then it would go to

Model S Order
Model X Order
etc

Any idea at all about MS Plaid orders from say early Feb that still have an “August” est delivery vs other Plaid orders that came later which have a June or July est delivery? And I’m still not understanding why it’s being reported that many/most of the Plaid deliveries will be done in June while so many of us still show August in our accounts? Crazy. I think a lot I’ll be resolved on 6/3 next week but until then, it’s all madness and chaos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desert Dave
Ok, here’s an update.

Model 3
Model 3
Model Y
Model Y
Model S
Model S Order
Model X Order
Cybertruck Order
T-shirts

And then it would go to

Model S Order
Model X Order
etc

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. Do you have any insight as to whether the 6/1-30 range I had been given on May 14, and was taken away on Saturday, has any credibility? And if it doesn’t, why would it have appeared in the first place?