Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is one way to look at it. Another way would be to say they improved the vehicle by removing a feature that may have become problematic.

I have a 27" iMac that was wall mounted on a flimsy articulating ball mount. The computer looked and felt like it was about to fall off the wall every time I adjusted it. The solution was to go to a fixed mount and it has been rock solid. This is attached to a fixed wall that doesn't move.

Can you imagine what the screen would do with a Plaid Model S in launch mode? How could the screen stay in place? It would be bouncing all over the place uncontrollably. You can look at it as I lie, but I interpret it as a feature improvement.
So they designed something that you see as clearly flawed, and then they promoted it as a feature. You were willing to pay for that, and now that it is gone, you are still willing to pay the same price. You are the perfect customer.

My prediction for the 3rd:

The Plaid Model S will essentially be the Plaid+. It’ll contain the 4680 batteries and have 500+miles of range. It’ll have the active aero rear wing we’ve seen and will start shipping in June. The LR model will use the existing batteries and will begin shipping once production catches up on Plaid models. The Plaid+ model will go away and Plaid+ reservations will be converted to Plaid.

Evidence to support my hypothesis:
-Plaid+ was pushed way out around the same time the big model S delays started
-Plaid+ is no longer an option on the Tesla site.
-Plaid availability is currently listed as June
-Twitter “insiders” are hinting about big news on the 3rd and that performance is much more impressive than they’ve led us to believe
-The radio silent delay feels like it could be a big change that they were uncomfortable talking about.
-The rumored “battery cooling issues” would makes sense with the new cells
-The version of the car on the track had active aero. Seems unlikely this is a one-off and unlikely that it would be a Plaid + given the proximity to the current release
-LR has significantly outsold Plaid. This would make many people (myself included) consider the extra money for the Plaid.

#OneCanDream
Here in Australia, Plaid + is still listed as an option on the order page. All options have an estimated end 2022 delivery timeframe.
Screenshot_20210526-065149_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TNGuy99
Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

To translate - that means Tesla will deliver your car whenever they have one available in your geographic location that matches your configuration and will optimize their end of quarter numbers. Tesla will gladly sell you a Plaid purchased today and deliver it before a LR purchased last October because that will improve quarterly profit margins.

Here in Australia, Plaid + is still listed as an option on the order page. All options have an estimated end 2022 delivery timeframe.
View attachment 666152
The Plaid+ is also still an option here in Canada, but there's no option for walnut in the Plaid/Plaid+ variants, not that I would choose walnut.

So they designed something that you see as clearly flawed, and then they promoted it as a feature. You were willing to pay for that, and now that it is gone, you are still willing to pay the same price. You are the perfect customer.
Not terribly hard to design a mount that can handle 1.4G. The lighter the object suspended, the easier is to do.

Click on “Feature Details” below the trim selection
Unless the driver subtracts the 1' rollout, none of us are getting 1.99 or 2.0. Probably have to be on a prepped surface anyway which most of us will probably never encounter. I'm sure 'Dragtimes' (or others on youtube) will do it and I'll be happy to watch the videos.

Last edited:
Lol... Unless the driver subtracts the 1' rollout, none of us are getting 1.99 or 2.0. Probably have to be on a prepped surface anyway which most of us will probably never encounter. I'm sure 'Dragtimes' (or others on youtube) will do it and I'll be happy to watch the videos.

Agreed! Even with the Plaid+, I plan to be in comfort mode 99.99% of the time (minus the first second of rollout of course). It will be nice to experience it on a track a couple times a year though 😎

Unless the driver subtracts the 1' rollout, none of us are getting 1.99 or 2.0. Probably have to be on a prepped surface anyway which most of us will probably never encounter. I'm sure 'Dragtimes' (or others on youtube) will do it and I'll be happy to watch the videos.
There were certainly tons of Tesla acceleration videos on youtube, and especially when Ludicrous mode came out.
I have a feeling there will be even more Plaid acceleration videos, Plaid racing videos, Plaid reaction videos, Plaid Uber videos, Plaid 1/4 miles videos, Plaid everything videos...

Lol... Unless the driver subtracts the 1' rollout, none of us are getting 1.99 or 2.0. Probably have to be on a prepped surface anyway which most of us will probably never encounter. I'm sure 'Dragtimes' (or others on youtube) will do it and I'll be happy to watch the videos.
1.99 - 2.0 sec 0-60mph (which is over in a blink of an eye with this vehicle) OR even if you do 0-60mph in 2.2 sec. is still quicker than anyone here has ever gone before in any vehicle. I never used launch control in my modified GT-R w/ 700HP and recorded 0-60mph in 2.7 sec. and I thought that was insanely quick! Of course, it's the 1/4 mi. ET and Trap of the new MS Plaid which impresses people the most really...to have that power in the low end AND top end with a max speed of 200MPH is un-f-real! So, considering this thing is quicker than super cars, hyper-cars costing hundreds of thousands of dollars and even millions of dollars, let's stop quibbling about 0.01 sec., shall we folks? FYI - the new 986HP HYBRID Ferrari SF90 Stradle costing > $500k does 0-60mph in 2.5 sec folks okay. Gorgeous car though. The Ferrari SF90 Stradale Is Ridiculously Easy to Drive

1.99 - 2.0 sec 0-60mph (which is over in a blink of an eye with this vehicle) OR even if you do 0-60mph in 2.2 sec. is still quicker than anyone here has ever gone before in any vehicle. I never used launch control in my modified GT-R w/ 700HP and recorded 0-60mph in 2.7 sec. and I thought that was insanely quick! Of course, it's the 1/4 mi. ET and Trap of the new MS Plaid which impresses people the most really...to have that power in the low end AND top end with a max speed of 200MPH is un-f-real! So, considering this thing is quicker than super cars, hyper-cars costing hundreds of thousands of dollars and even millions of dollars, let's stop quibbling about 0.01 sec., shall we folks? FYI - the new 986HP HYBRID Ferrari SF90 Stradle costing > $500k does 0-60mph in 2.5 sec folks okay. Gorgeous car though. The Ferrari SF90 Stradale Is Ridiculously Easy to Drive
EVERYONE: take a shot. ;)

There were certainly tons of Tesla acceleration videos on youtube, and especially when Ludicrous mode came out.
I have a feeling there will be even more Plaid acceleration videos, Plaid racing videos, Plaid reaction videos, Plaid Uber videos, Plaid 1/4 miles videos, Plaid everything videos...
I have a feeling that Brooks from DragTimes.com will be taking delivery of his MS Plaid in June and will be driving it right to the track, lol. Then, once he gets his new Ferrari SF90 Stradale, you'll see his videos with both cars racing each other. ;) :cool:

Agreed! Even with the Plaid+, I plan to be in comfort mode 99.99% of the time (minus the first second of rollout of course). It will be nice to experience it on a track a couple times a year though 😎
I actually prefer the instant torque when driving 30-50mph; it's awesome. Probably smart to keep some Pepto in the car for nausea.