Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my first wall connector installation quote... >$1300 (just for install with 240V @ 60A breaker... I already purchased the gen 3 wall connector). Needless to say, I am getting another quote. I was expecting a cost between $500 to $750.
The biggest aspect to the pricing for me was distance to main panel. The materials were the main cost driver. I basically figured out that part of it to negotiate best pricing.

Reactions: AnselmDante
The biggest aspect to the pricing for me was distance to main panel. The materials were the main cost driver. I basically figured out that part of it to negotiate best pricing.
That should be the biggest portion of the installation cost--the labor for installing the HPWC is not that much more than a NEAM 14-50 outlet.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Replace superior with faster.
Yeah, again 3.1 sec 0-60mph and high 10ā€™s - low 11ā€™s 1/4 mi is very quick and certainly quite respectable but something about being quicker than a $2m Bugatti Chiron, any Ferrari, Lambo, or McLaren and similar for $140k that is kinda special. šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ˜Ž

Last edited:
Why would we be doing that? These figures have been known for months.
Yes, we have known the 1/4 mile time for the Plaid since they first introduced it. Unfortunately, we still donā€™t know what the LR will do the 1/4 mile in.

It seems odd that Tesla is playing tricks with the LR stats by not using the same 1 ft of rollout for the LR 0-60 and entirely ignoring the LR 1/4 mile time. It is clear that Tesla doesnā€™t want buyers to be able to do an apples to apples comparison. They appear to be afraid buyers will decide that the extra $40k for the Plaid just isnā€™t worth it. Iā€™m still on the fence.

My latest text from Tesla. Though this is the most I've interacted with them.

Screenshot_20210604-233310_Messages.jpg

Reactions: Laddcruzer
Yes, we have known the 1/4 mile time for the Plaid since they first introduced it. Unfortunately, we still donā€™t know what the LR will do the 1/4 mile in.

It seems odd that Tesla is playing tricks with the LR stats by not using the same 1 ft of rollout for the LR 0-60 and entirely ignoring the LR 1/4 mile time. It is clear that Tesla doesnā€™t want buyers to be able to do an apples to apples comparison. They appear to be afraid buyers will decide that the extra $40k for the Plaid just isnā€™t worth it. Iā€™m still on the fence.
Well we do know it will be faster than the performance 3, since that also has the Plaid asterisk next to its stats. None of this matters to me. I'll never end up at a track with my luxury sedan. A sedan who's market is almost exclusively older white men. Not exactly the track day crowd.

Don't be surprised if they offer a purchasable software patch for the LR to give it a 2.4 0-60. I could see this happening in a year or so.

$1,300 is very high unless you need additional work done because you are out of capacity. I live in as expensive of an area to get this work done and I think I paid $800 or so.
I'm just waiting on getting mine installed. Seems like most have their load center (electrical panel) in their garage. Mine is in the middle of my house. On the first floor. No easy way to make it back to the garage without significant holes in my ceiling. Gonna be a fortune to have my wall charger installed. Lucky I live 5 min from work and we have several chargers there.

Reactions: T-Racer
Well we do know it will be faster than the performance 3, since that also has the Plaid asterisk next to its stats. None of this matters to me. I'll never end up at a track with my luxury sedan. A sedan who's market is almost exclusively older white men. Not exactly the track day crowd.

Don't be surprised if they offer a purchasable software patch for the LR to give it a 2.4 0-60. I could see this happening in a year or so.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a DLC for the LR to give it a faster speed.

There was the one guy who an employee let him see the inside of the car and was told to not take any photos/videos but he did it anyway. The acceleration modes were chill/sport/insane. I think that one was an LR. Insane was only ever used on Performance cars.

Then you can look at the VIN decoder with the update for the refresh S/X

They added two motor types, "P2 Dual Motor" and "P2 Tri Motor". Not sure what the P2 means but could be for Performance. Would mean the new LR is considered a Performance trim.

Pure speculation though.

Now thatā€™s one of the funniest misconceptions Iā€™ve heard in a while. What do you picture a track day is? The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift?