Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@EVonly - Is the only difference between your two Plaid orders the exterior color?

All this banter about Plaid v. LR has me curious. I went ahead and placed a reservation on a Plaid today. Like EVonly, I will see what is revealed on Thursday night and then make a decision based there on.
Yes, identical orders with just MSM or Pearl White exterior. It was obviously a mistake since we now know there is some type of supply chain issue on the white interior and carbon fiber trim. Tesla updated their website with the August delay information after I placed my final order. I’ve been thinking about calling to make a change to the interior.

Did you go with Red and cream on the Plaid order? Hopefully, you ordered wood trim.

Speaking of thread drift, whatever happened to @sam3194? Haven’t seen him in like 100 pages or so.

100 pages? Maybe he’s just enjoying the weekend away from a computer.

I was gonna say.. 100 pages? Give the guy at least 12 hours of peace.

As far as the demographics question goes, sadly I fit them perfectly as a mid-40s doin’ ok white dude (no divorce yet, get back to me after a month with the car) - but even in my 20s I think I’d likely be eating ramen to save up for a car like this if it was available then. I wouldn’t begrudge anyone anything different. Glad all types are into Tesla.

Well, wait. Not like the car is available now… Sigh.

Yes, identical orders with just MSM or Pearl White exterior. It was obviously a mistake since we now know there is some type of supply chain issue on the white interior and carbon fiber trim. Tesla updated their website with the August delay information after I placed my final order. I’ve been thinking about calling to make a change to the interior.

Did you go with Red and cream on the Plaid order? Hopefully, you ordered wood trim.
Red/Black/Wood

Gabeincal just shared another video - it's on limited release right now but includes a cool low altitude pass over the recently resurfaced track. Also, a lot more MS packed single file down the dirt road again.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.58.44 PM.png

Last edited:
Moment of honesty here....I was content but a used MS. Yes, that’s right I was willing to be the second or third rear in the seat. My wife said you work hard and deserve the new car experience. But we live in Tampa and the idea of half the roof opening up to the great landscape that the good Lord created made it a tough decision to go brand new. But being newly 39 and nearing the appropriate age for mid life issues I really wanted a Red MS. This endeavor became more like a lottery selection than buying a car to get a red PXX with a sunroof. So here I am with you 202X MS folk waiting on a refresh that won’t have a sunroof and that I can’t get a delivery date for. All the while I’m smiling ear to ear because when that delivery day comes I’ll be the happiest guy in Tampa.
Man, I will so miss my pano roof--the best therapy in the world was opening up the roof, turning the music to 11 and finding a backroad

Even though my date is still blank, I’m getting super excited for the 10th. Great to see these cars with yoke. The round wheel was ugly as sin on some of the

When they build cars is when they will be available. It doesn’t matter if you ordered it 6 years ago. Sheesh.
Yes, we are also still waiting for a delivery update on a LR RWD
Model Y we put a $2,500 deposit on a long time ago.
Crickets for years...

Your Model Y build details​

• Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

Yes, we are also still waiting for a delivery update on a LR RWD
Model Y we put a $2,500 deposit on a long time ago.
Crickets for years...

Your Model Y build details​

• Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
Wow are you serious ? Is it because they stopped selling the RWD ?