Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cost of steel and other materials has nearly tripled since the 4th quarter of last year. Lead times in construction materials has bloomed from a couple of days to 3 months on most items. Typically materials spike in the 1st quarter of the calendar year and then level or dip. This year steel is projected to keep increasing steadily until 1st quarter of 2022. The 10k bump on the Plaid is probably justified in the cost increase of materials solely. I'd expect to see bumps across the board on all pre-orders given the state of the global supply chain.

BTW - I'm an LR orderer April 1st, lol RN1147blah Black/Black/21"

That thought actually crossed my mind, but it’s not the red I ordered.
But I also ordered the silver Tempests.....and am hoping for the darker ones.
Random changes are ok......only if I’m ok with them. 😎
BTW - Uncle Elon doesn’t care if it’s the red you ordered. You’ll be honored to take whatever shade of “red” he gives you.

@Tigers The truth is I had to leave the thread because it was so far off topic. Sadly, I’ve returned to find it’s no closer to topic than when I last checked in. :)

Although, it appears deliveries may be real. My X is September. My S is blank. There, back on topic.

I have done my best to set the example and keep this thread on topic but they just do not listen to me.

I am thinking the car will hit mid 190s as the half mile trap speed. I was in the upper 160's with my slightly modified C6 ZR1. Really wanted to get a C8 Z06 but seems like it will be a long time for that car due to production issues. Hence I got the Plaid (assuming it gets delivered...hahah).
The C6 ZR1 was definitely a nice car. However, the plaid is on another level. Not sure what the TQ is on the plaid.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@Tigers The truth is I had to leave the thread because it was so far off topic. Sadly, I’ve returned to find it’s no closer to topic than when I last checked in. :)

Although, it appears deliveries may be real. My X is September. My S is blank. There, back on topic.
Welcome back... good timing.. shittt is about to get real 🤩🥂🍻

2 HOURS LEFT!!!
Screenshot (88).png

Holy crap. I finally caught up. But there were some laughs along the way. Some thumb downs. Lots of happy faces and thumbs up. What a roller coaster y'all are taking us all on.

Still blank for me as well. Been that way since I changed to white inside earlier May. Before that showed June, then August, then June, then August, then order change, blank since.

I'm excited to see the delivery event actually happening. But honestly not expecting anything till September.