Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard to get any sleep tonight, as my new S will be here in 16 hours, heyyyoooo! I'm Res#5652 (though i used to be in the Sig #600's or some such), Vin#3314, so this will stop the clock at 14 months since my initial deposit. And yes, it's all going to be well worth it. This company is doing something very special and unique on several levels, and its a privilege to be part of that experience. Ill post photos tomorrow afternoon - for now, back to counting S's to try and get some sleep.

Wow, just goes to show how out of order they are. I was 5,651 and will celebrate 2 weeks with my baby tomorrow!

January 18 - T-minus 3 hours to delivery. Just heard from my DS, and he is coming and will spend as much time here as I need to go through everything. What a great feeling. Plus, I asked if there were any Bill Due items - there are none, as the DS said "nope, the car is perfect."

VIN 3271: Blue Metallic, grey leather, tech package, air, pano, 19-inch wheels, paint armour, and I am probably missing something else but I am too excited to think clearly at this moment. Plus, it is clear and sunny here in Evergreen, CO with temps around mid-50s at time of delivery.

HFS! This car is unbelieveable.

I hear ya - i've had a 24-hour perma-grin now, with no sign of it abating! Loving the car, great delivery process (Nathan - who, btw, was the DES who turned over the Consumer Reports car to them. He said he only found out when he googled the delivery address, and it came up as the CR Test Track). I also couldn't be happier with the Green - i'll post the pic but it really doesn't do it justice (cloudy day), it's a deep green that is subtle but very, very sharp.

DSC02044-3 copy.jpg
(had to shrink it down to meet size requirements)

Also in the pic is Leigh Light - future Model S owner, who made the trip up for a preview of his delivery. So we've had the first meeting of the Brooklyn/Rockland Tesla Owners Club!

FINALLY! Called into the Delivery team and they enabled the button and finalized it for Estimated Delivery Window: Feb. 21st - Mar. 7th!
P8460:
Black Paint;
All Glass Panoramic Roof;
19" Wheels;
Black Leather Interior;
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor;
60 kWh Battery;
Tech Package;
Sound Studio Package;
Active Air Suspension;
Rear Facing Seats;
Paint Armor;
Supercharging

VIN#3305 is home. One of the first 30 or so 2013 models manufactured. Software is at version 4.1, Ciaran here in Portland (the DS) is amazing. First road trip was to pick up pizza, making a nice new car + pepperoni smell :) I am charging her now more later.

What is the phone number, I would like to call as well?

FINALLY! Called into the Delivery team and they enabled the button and finalized it for Estimated Delivery Window: Feb. 21st - Mar. 7th!
P8460:
Black Paint;
19" Wheels;
Black Leather Interior;
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor;
60 kWh Battery;
Tech Package;
Sound Studio Package;
Active Air Suspension;
Rear Facing Seats;
Paint Armor;
Supercharging

HFS! This car is unbelieveable. I could not be more satisfied.

Couldn't agree more! Did your car come with the CF spoiler? I didn't realize how much I liked it till my car showed up without the one I ordered. That's the only thing gnawing at me. I want her to be complete!

By the way, I took my 73 year old father for a ride tonight and almost made him vomit due to the acceleration. I actually had him giggling like a child!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't make up my mind on the color. Please post pictures of your Pearl White. It is one of the colors I like.
Congrats and have fun. Today I got my finalize button

Here you go...

MS2b.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more! Did your car come with the CF spoiler? I didn't realize how much I liked it till my car showed up without the one I ordered. That's the only thing gnawing at me. I want her to be complete!

By the way, I took my 73 year old father for a ride tonight and almost made him vomit due to the acceleration. I actually had him giggling like a child!

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go...

Wow - sooooo awesome!!! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go...

Looks beautiful 1 of the first in Kansas City?

from my Samsung galaxy s3

It was a bumpy ride but it finally arrived.
Reservation P3566 VIN 2222
Silver w/Black Leather Interior;
85 kWh Battery;
21" Wheels;
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor;
Tech Package;
Sound Studio Package;
Active Air Suspension;
Parcel Shelf (Backordered)
IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

Congrats DS. Hope to see you around the island. Are you in the parking lot at Ala Moana??

It was a bumpy ride but it finally arrived.
Reservation P3566 VIN 2222
Silver w/Black Leather Interior;
85 kWh Battery;
21" Wheels;
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor;
Tech Package;
Sound Studio Package;
Active Air Suspension;
Parcel Shelf (Backordered)
View attachment 14829

gg_got_a_tesla!!

Picked up P 1,620 - 60 kWh, Green, Black Roof, 19" wheels, Tech Package, Air Suspension, Black Leather, Piano Black at the factory today.

My DS, John Scalmanini, was super! Got me through the paperwork and orientation efficiently. The factory tour was good although the line was not running today and everyone was prepping for their big, well-deserved "holiday" party this evening. Couldn't get close enough to look at VINs and such. Saw a couple of whites and a black at the end of the line and several on and around the indoor test track.

Loving the car! The 60 is just as much fun as the 85 and 85 perf were during my brief test drives although I can tell the (small) difference in power when compared to the 85 non-perf. It's ridiculously fast all the same!

Beautiful car; the green's really turning heads! My friends who came along for the factory delivery were remarking how it looked sharper and more "Aston Martin-ish" than a blue, a black and a gray that were also being delivered at the same time. We didn't have a delivery bay till the gray drove away but, got started with the orientation while parked on the side.

Some pics from the factory:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1358649326.727424.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1358649352.461368.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1358649385.070894.jpg

Happily charging away in the garage:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1358649435.138422.jpg

The car just fit length-wise in the garage. I've put some marker strips of tape here and there on the wall to help park. Drawing about 24 miles of charge per hour at 239V, 39A from my NEMA 14-50.

My 6-year-old (on the right) and his BFF messed up all my settings as soon as they got to sit up front :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1358649492.482834.jpg

Plenty more driving to come over the long weekend :D