Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is awesome and thanks for sharing! Many of us have really been looking for this data! AND, there was two people in the car, right?
You bet, I've been just as curious haha.

Yes two people (that I know of), Omar (behind the wheel) and Ryan filming. When Dragtimes measured a 2.7 I believe there were at least 3 people inside and he was using a Dragy. Omar, also pointed out that his foot lifted off the accelerator a little bit during launch so that most likely explains the 2.8 second timing.

The Plaid will be my first Tesla and first new car since my 2007 M6. Have to admit I’m a bit scared of the rocket ship that is coming. Could be my age but I’m psyching up for it for sure. Was wondering how many 60 or 70 plus age folks are ordering a Plaid or LR? Obviously I ask because I fall into that category.

I am going to order, and am in that age group.

Just as fun to drive smoothly and efficiently as fast and hard. A little bit of both works for me.

The Plaid will be my first Tesla and first new car since my 2007 M6. Have to admit I’m a bit scared of the rocket ship that is coming. Could be my age but I’m psyching up for it for sure. Was wondering how many 60 or 70 plus age folks are ordering a Plaid or LR? Obviously I ask because I fall into that category.
There are different modes. The car will be a rocket ship only when you're in plaid mode and smash the accelerator.
Just drive in 'chill' mode until you're comfortable with the car.

Yes two people (that I know of), Omar (behind the wheel) and Ryan filming. When Dragtimes measured a 2.7 I believe there were at least 3 people inside and he was using a Dragy. Omar, also pointed out that his foot lifted off the accelerator a little bit during launch so that most likely explains the 2.8 second timing.
No head-to-head Tesla drags yet? It's ok, I can wait for you to get out of honeymoon phase. Maybe the second round of deliveries will have some people who are willing to thrash their new cars.

Do we have guesses of each launch/driving mode?
What happens if you don't wait for drag to be ready, do you get a partially improved time or is it all or nothing and you have to wait for it to be ready?

Oh gosh. No offense, but if you can't at least put down $20k or whatever like that, I would think your accountant would advise you to buy a less expensive car dude. That IS a mortgage payment dude. Why bother at that monthly payment, even for just 3 years? Or maybe do a 5-year loan and pay an extra $200+ each month to pay it down quicker?
The entire payment could be a tax deduction for some business people (or 1099s.) Some might prefer the higher monthly payment so they can write it off.

I just want a date for my car…. The no date is driving me nuts
Same here.. super frustrating with nothing there when I log-in.
That makes sense why the actual time is 2.8 seconds and not 2.25! 2.25 seconds is the time in a 29.97 frame timeline. That converted to 10ths is around 2.8 seconds… If you did a perfect launch I'm sure that time would go down a few more tenths! In the Dragtimes video from the launch event he recorded a 2.7 0-60 so maybe there's something missing that will come with an OTA.
I think there were 4 guys in the car.

No head-to-head Tesla drags yet? It's ok, I can wait for you to get out of honeymoon phase. Maybe the second round of deliveries will have some people who are willing to thrash their new cars.

Do we have guesses of each launch/driving mode?
What happens if you don't wait for drag to be ready, do you get a partially improved time or is it all or nothing and you have to wait for it to be ready?
Launch Mode (i.e cheetah stance) is only available in Dragstrip Mode, and Dragstrip mode is only available once Plaid Mode is selected. On the street, the Plaid will most likely get a 3-4 second 0-60 in Chill Mode; a 2.6-2.8 second 0-60 in Sport Mode; a 2.3-2.4 second 0-60 in Plaid Mode w/o Launch Mode; and a 2.1-2.2 second 0-60 in Plaid Mode, w/ Dragstrip Mode enabled, and the Cheetah Stance engaged on the street. <2.0 seconds will definitely be possible only at a Dragstrip.

Last edited:

ah, ok. So it was really 2.7 0-60. Had me fooled there....lol.

Plaid new order ETA now changed to August on the website.
Where do you see that? I still see same it has been, wood and black interior June, but white or CF August.
Can’t believe they still haven’t changed it all to august to be honest with you. Highly doubt if you order a car right now with wood and black interior it’s coming in 2 weeks…