Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this for real or a joke??
I have the 8.4 MB clip with the timer I exported but I can't upload it directly. Maybe this gif will suffice.

Update: My timing is off since it's measuring by framerate i.e. 29.97 frames a second…

Attachments

• plaid 0-60-2.gif
    plaid 0-60-2.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Oh gosh. No offense, but if you can't at least put down $20k or whatever like that, I would think your accountant would advise you to buy a less expensive car dude. That IS a mortgage payment dude. Why bother at that monthly payment, even for just 3 years? Or maybe do a 5-year loan and pay an extra $200+ each month to pay it down quicker?
No offense, but if you can get away with it, $0 down is the best option with current interest rates.

I fully expect some material upgrade to the car in the next 6 months--it is the Tesla way:
  • Parking sensors were added to the S the month after I took delivery
  • AP2 was added to the X 6 months after we took delivery
I have to admit I am a little irritated about the AP thing, but in general, I go the car I paid for, so doesn't bother me.

You are entirely too reasonable to be posting on the internet.

Seems like this guy is convinced the Plaid version is using the new batteries… Imagine a SU delivering Plaid owners 10% more range!

It happened just last year with the Long Range Plus for S/X. I had a Model X delivered in February, ended up getting a ~6% range boost unlocked OTA just a few weeks later.

Oh gosh. No offense, but if you can't at least put down $20k or whatever like that, I would think your accountant would advise you to buy a less expensive car dude. That IS a mortgage payment dude. Why bother at that monthly payment, even for just 3 years? Or maybe do a 5-year loan and pay an extra $200+ each month to pay it down quicker?
You have a valid point!
But on the hand other, you could plonk 140k in VOO or SPY for 6 years and forget about it. Historical gains have always been greater than the interest you pay and yield much more over time. Plus VOO has one of the best dividends out there. Why give that amount to someone when you can make more returns potentially?

I'm happy with this 0-60 time 😂 Great video of @omarsultan's car.

View attachment 673735
Cool--thx for doing that--was curious. A couple of things:
  • None of these are full throttle the entire time--as soon as the car launched, I'd get pinned back and my foot would come up a bit and I'd have to press back down--need to work on my technique
  • I really was impressed as how the car was happy to do back-to-back launches. I expected the fans and pumps to be going like crazy when we got back home and nada
  • I am getting the raw clips from Ryan

You have a valid point!
But on the hand other, you could plonk 140k in VOO or SPY for 6 years and forget about it. Historical gains have always been greater than the interest you pay and yield much more over time. Plus VOO has one of the best dividends out there. Why give that amount to someone when you can make more returns potentially? Za
If you bought $140K of VOO 5 years ago, you would have more than doubled the investment. Like getting a free Plaid. The risk is pretty low.

No offense, but if you can get away with it, $0 down is the best option with current interest rates.
No idea. I'm just buying the darn thing with a bank cashier's check. But if I were doing a financing loan, I would likely put down $50-$80k and have a smaller, $65k-$95k loan (just in case not to commit myself to > $2,000-$3,000+ per month) and pay an extra $200-$400 more per month to pay the loan down quicker.

Cool--thx for doing that--was curious. A couple of things:
  • None of these are full throttle the entire time--as soon as the car launched, I'd get pinned back and my foot would come up a bit and I'd have to press back down--need to work on my technique
  • I really was impressed as how the car was happy to do back-to-back launches. I expected the fans and pumps to be going like crazy when we got back home and nada
  • I am getting the raw clips from Ryan
That makes sense why the actual time is 2.8 seconds and not 2.25! 2.25 seconds is the time in a 29.97 frame timeline. That converted to 10ths is around 2.8 seconds… If you did a perfect launch I'm sure that time would go down a few more tenths! In the Dragtimes video from the launch event he recorded a 2.7 0-60 so maybe there's something missing that will come with an OTA.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes, I saw that video..great video with great info. BUT about driving with the yoke while in "comfort" mode...um, no sorry, I'll likely just be in full Sport mode all the time and leave it as default unless the steering is too tight but seriously, no...it's a 1,020 HP/TQ sports sedan and in order to drive this thing with that stupid yoke steering (which has little to no advantages over a traditional, round steering wheel), we have to be puss!ies and keep in "Comfort" mode like an old fart!?!?! Eeew, um no, I don't think so. I'm seriously hoping Tesla will somehow admit to their error (um, Elon & Franz toking it up one night playing video games next to each other in their gaming chairs holding yoke-like video game controllers, concluding that the yoke steering mechanism should be the actual production steering unit in the new refresh MS), and offer a no-charge swap to a regular, round steering wheel to every MS Plaid & LR owner who doesn't like the yoke! We'll see.
Hey, I’m one of those old farts that totally agrees with you. I’m not happy about having to practice my “yoke” steering on my BMW but I guess we’re stuck for awhile.

No idea. I'm just buying the darn thing with a bank cashier's check. But if I were doing a financing loan, I would likely put down $50-$80k and have a smaller, $65k-$95k loan (just in case not to commit myself to > $2,000-$3,000+ per month) and pay an extra $200-$400 more per month to pay the loan down quicker.
Yeah when the financing process has gotten annoying I've considered doing that as well, but 1.95% APY is too tempting to pass up. That's free money and I can invest elsewhere at much higher rate of return.