Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
”full” packs in Tesla have been 96s since the original model S. Tesla makes max voltage about 4.15V at 100% SoC and 3.7V is nominal for NCA cells. So max voltage in “full” Tesla packs is 398.4V and nominal is 355.2V.

plaid changes this. 450V implies 108S, the number of parallel cells will decrease proportionally. So the outgoing Model S pack was 96s86p and the new one will be something like 108s76p. This would imply a decrease in cell count from 8256 cells to 8208 cells. Of course this is just guesswork. But guesswork that can’t be more than a few percent off.

It’s interesting that none of the serial string counts that give near 450V are divisible by by 8256 so cell count almost certainly changed
Oh!
Now I'm really curious how they are realizing 2000 amps with even fewer cells in parallel to share the current.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Same here. Drive a 2011 Nissan Murano. First new car in 18 years. Been saving to do this for just under 4 years. Oh, performance car. Ridden in a few never drove one.
The Plaid will be my first Tesla and first new car since my 2007 M6. Have to admit I’m a bit scared of the rocket ship that is coming. Could be my age but I’m psyching up for it for sure. Was wondering how many 60 or 70 plus age folks are ordering a Plaid or LR? Obviously I ask because I fall into that category.

I'm happy with this 0-60 time 😂 Great video of @omarsultan's car.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 2.34.32 PM.png

Update: I just realized I was using the framerate to time so it may actually be be closer to 2.8 seconds if converted to 10ths of a second… The timer I overlaid was based on 29.97 timecode. So it went .25, .26, .27, .28, .29, 3.0 seconds. I'll have to wait for my Dragy and MS to confirm :(

Last edited:
I am still on August since yesterday, I guess it's the CF trim. Conclusion has been if I try to switch to wood trim I have to pay 10k extra as it's a new order, right?
Just wait to get what you really want; it's an extra few weeks or whatever. Worth the wait to get exactly what you really want. I know there are people who prefer the wood trim but the CF looks hot inside...makes it look like the 1,020 HP/TQ sports sedan it is! :cool:

Just wait to get what you really want; it's an extra few weeks or whatever. Worth the wait to get exactly what you really want. I know there are people who prefer the wood trim but the CF looks hot inside...makes it look like the 1,020 HP/TQ sports sedan it is! :cool:
TBH I don't really care about the trim, all the more reason not to pay 10k extra to change it.

The Plaid will be my first Tesla and first new car since my 2007 M6. Have to admit I’m a bit scared of the rocket ship that is coming. Could be my age but I’m psyching up for it for sure. Was wondering how many 60 or 70 plus age folks are ordering a Plaid or LR? Obviously I ask because I fall into that category.
Yep. I'm one of those guys.

Lad,

This is a grandma could drive this car. Stomping on the (not so) loud pedal is dramatic but 100% predictable and controllable. Its like a mega golf kart.

Check out Tesla Raj’s video at the 29:00 mark. The driver talks about how much easier it is to drive the yoke (with one hand) if you are in comfort mode.

Yes, I saw that video..great video with great info. BUT about driving with the yoke while in "comfort" mode...um, no sorry, I'll likely just be in full Sport mode all the time and leave it as default unless the steering is too tight but seriously, no...it's a 1,020 HP/TQ sports sedan and in order to drive this thing with that stupid yoke steering (which has little to no advantages over a traditional, round steering wheel), we have to be puss!ies and keep in "Comfort" mode like an old fart!?!?! Eeew, um no, I don't think so. I'm seriously hoping Tesla will somehow admit to their error (um, Elon & Franz toking it up one night playing video games next to each other in their gaming chairs holding yoke-like video game controllers, concluding that the yoke steering mechanism should be the actual production steering unit in the new refresh MS), and offer a no-charge swap to a regular, round steering wheel to every MS Plaid & LR owner who doesn't like the yoke! We'll see.

Last edited:
$3,100 down (TTT)
$2,100 x 36

(I feel like I should be buying a house at that payment level)
Oh gosh. No offense, but if you can't at least put down $20k or whatever like that, I would think your accountant would advise you to buy a less expensive car dude. That IS a mortgage payment dude. Why bother at that monthly payment, even for just 3 years? Or maybe do a 5-year loan and pay an extra $200+ each month to pay it down quicker?