Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got the call on Thursday to switch order from CF to wood. The person said it would push my delivery up to hopefully before EoQ or at least within the next few weeks. This morning I had blank delivery. Now it’s saying August…..WTF..!!! I hope this is an error, or I would t of switched to the wood…

anyone else see this as well?
I was told June and that my order is prioritized, but my Account has shown July ever since the order was converted from Plaid+. Not sure what to believe, but if yours sticks with August for several days, switching back to CF if that’s what you want more would make sense.

So I got the call on Thursday to switch order from CF to wood. The person said it would push my delivery up to hopefully before EoQ or at least within the next few weeks. This morning I had blank delivery. Now it’s saying August…..WTF..!!! I hope this is an error, or I would t of switched to the wood…

And...this is a good reason why not to switch anything; true you might get your car 3-6 weeks earlier but you might not. I still think it's better just to be a little more patient and leave things alone to get exactly what you ordered in the first place. Typically your first choices are your best gut instincts. BTW -- with all these VINs popping up and hearing about Gabe's video showing many white MS Plaids in the lots at Tesla Fremont, it makes be a tad more optimistic for a possible July delivery for me. Sadly, my account is still blank as it has been for many weeks now. Still wondering about the "back-ordered" CF trim but hopeful that they had some left still for older orders like from Feb, 2021 to manufacture some white Plaids with CF trim & white seats...ahem, hear that Elon? 🤔 ;)

And...this is a good reason why not to switch anything; true you might get your car 3-6 weeks earlier but you might not. I still think it's better just to be a little more patient and leave things alone to get exactly what you ordered in the first place. Typically your first choices are your best gut instincts.
I just reached out to the rep. that reached out to me to switch asking WTF. See what they say.

The Tesla delivery group (yogi and booboo) are messing with me again
In May 6-21 to 6-30. Then blank. Thursday and Friday est Del JU. Today blank.
hey booboo, leave my picnic basket alone

Attachments​

• 17885EB1-9D57-479F-BB5B-4F9FA868145C.jpeg
    17885EB1-9D57-479F-BB5B-4F9FA868145C.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 0
  • FBC69419-E623-4EEC-AD55-B9F9CD408609.jpeg
    FBC69419-E623-4EEC-AD55-B9F9CD408609.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 575EA973-1517-434B-949E-FCE43F8DDAC3.jpeg
    575EA973-1517-434B-949E-FCE43F8DDAC3.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 0

Nice! It's all the legal weed they're selling!!! I believe CO has been way, way, way in the green (on many fronts) for many years since they legalized rec weed. 😎
A drive around LA looking at impassible sidewalks shows evidence of externalized effects of such a policy.

For those awaiting delivery, and need to sell their current ride, new additions on the Tesla used site indicate prices continuing to increase...

A drive around LA looking at impassible sidewalks shows evidence of externalized effects of such a policy.

For those awaiting delivery, and need to sell their current ride, new additions on the Tesla used site indicate prices continuing to increase...
Well CA has the $$ to deal with that issue and clean things up then. You don't see that much in NoCa (at least when we visited last Summer) or in CO. Not sure about WA, MA, OR and the other states though but I think the cities and other municipalities have ways to non-violently deal with that issue. Besides, I would say most non-coherent ppl laying around on the sidewalks are doing more than just legalized weed, don't you think? It's not cheap either, say like crack is I believe.

Not sure I really see a gimmick, but surely they can find .07 of a second without the need for VHT. Software upgrade, tires combo, etc. This should be doable without a 4th motor.
I think the 4th motor is unnecessary and has more cans the pro. I also agree we'll se a speed boost once they get more operational data from the cars (so, I should do more Dragy runs to do my part :) ) -- this is the kind of BS coverage that seems to (rightfully) irritate Elon.

People, just order what you want. Seriously, a 2-4 week or so extra wait for what you want will keep you happy long term vs trying to get the dang car a couple of weeks early

So yesterday I was supposed to pickup my Plaid Model S. They called me the day before to confirm that the vehicle had arrived and told me they would have it ready for my appointment yesterday.
45 minutes before my appointment I received a call saying they had to cancel my appointment and didn't know when I would actually be able to pickup the car due to a Tesla wide issue with the Plaid Model S. They have tentatively scheduled my delivery for June 30th.
I have already paid in full and I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of communication. Has anyone else had this issue or know what is going on? I know the "delivery event" was basically just for hype, but are they making deliveries on these vehicles yet? Thanks for any information because Tesla sure isn't giving me any.

Also is that he tried to justify his technical argument by saying there is no way the car could accelerate harder than it could break. Well he was wrong on that and motor trend even brought point out.
He wasn't wrong. You CANNOT accelerate faster than the theoretical limit of braking, Friction is friction. He should not have apologized, He should have realized the difference in break and acceleration technology put into this car. I bet the Plaid could stop much faster if they put the effort into braking technology that they put into acceleration.

Also, isn't the rear tire wider than the front tire? You get more of your acceleration from the back tires, and more of your breaking from the front tires. I bet if you swapped those tire sizes from front to back, you would see a difference in both times.