Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All you can do is laugh at this point.

The good news is that if you buy a new plaid today, it will be delivered in June according to Tesla's "estimate" on its website. LOL. Of course, when Tesla doesn't deliver the car until three months from now, that's no problem, because it was just an "estimate." LOL. Parts shortages!
Maybe they are waiting to see if its possible to push out V11 at the same time as the public gets delivery. This is me being optimistic.

Maybe they are waiting to see if its possible to push out V11 at the same time as the public gets delivery. This is me being optimistic.
I’m assuming that would delay EoQ deliveries though, I don’t think they would want to do that. Elon sent that email to employees the other day basically saying speed it up..ad they want to hit big numbers for this quarter.
Just thinking out loud though of course, who really knows.

I’m taking delivery tomorrow of a plaid. I’m going to install a radar detector but I heard there is metal in the windshield that suppresses the radar signal. I was wondering if this is still a problem in the new modelS. If so I will have to do a custom installation in the front bumpy. Any suggestions?
Some S's had the metallic film in the windshield, some didn't. If theres a strange color reflection, then it likely has the coating.

One way to test, is go find a supermarket door or something that sets off a weak alert, and move it in and out your window and see if theres a noticeable difference in signal strength. Or find someone with a radar and just test against real equipment yourself :cool:

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You and @Atomadam never answered my question about what your favorite new/improved feature is (excluding acceleration)
Love the sound system. In the Dept of Eating Crow, the horizontal screen is pretty cool--really opens up the UI. Finally, and I know this is squishy, California woo-woo, but I love how the car feels like an integrated whole.

PS If you ask me tomorrow, you'll probably get different answers

Sorry to hear that, and you're in Cape Coral, FL on the West Coast? What was your color/options combo? BTW -- as I've said before, may not be a bad idea just to pay with a Bank Cashier's Check, handing it to them on the day of inspection & pickup. That's my plan anyway. I've heard of stories like this w/ Tesla in the past and even many ppl getting screwed by some sort of a glitch or error on Tesla's part when many people (hundreds or thousands?) were double-charged by accident through ACH transfers and double the money was taken out of customers bank accounts. There was a big story about this back in March. Tesla finally corrected their errors but it took several weeks for customers to get their money back!
Regarding ACH, I can confirm I paid for my car in full in March when my SA stated the delivery was imminent, and Tesla took the money out of my bank account twice, causing my checking account to be overdrawn by a hundred thousand dollars. My advice: pay only on delivery/inspection If you’re going to pay cash. Lesson learned as a first-time Tesla buyer.

Regarding ACH, I can confirm I paid for my car in full in March when my SA stated the delivery was imminent, and Tesla took the money out of my bank account twice, causing my checking account to be overdrawn by a hundred thousand dollars. My advice: pay only on delivery/inspection If you’re going to pay cash. Lesson learned as a first-time Tesla buyer.
Are you saying you paid for a different Tesla in March, or are you talking about a Plaid you have on order? If it is the latter, I can’t imagine why you would have paid for a car that obviously never existed.

I will call today. As of now I am scheduled to pick it up tomorrow at 10am. Haven’t heard a thing.
I am picking up from the same location and my Plaid got a date range yesterday, so I called them to see if they had a more specific date for me. They said they were only delivering one Plaid this weekend (assuming it is yours!) and that I would need to wait until next week. Hope your delivery is still on!