Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some pics of details of the car. Just providing a different perspective from the usual pics of the cars posted here. :)

See how the wood grain shows all those imperfections? I first thought it's a ruined panel but those are present throughout the wood trim in the car and the delivery person and my SA shared photos of other cars, all with the same characteristics. I was told that people usually choose to put some form of finish on it after delivery since the trim comprised of actual wood. Still unsure about that. Will be interested to hear from other Black/Ebony decor folks on how their finishes are.
Thank you for those detailed pics. So it doesn't sound like you are thrilled with the ebony wood trim. Is that a correct assumption?

Attachments

• IMG_2009.jpeg
    IMG_2009.jpeg
    570.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2010.jpeg
    IMG_2010.jpeg
    568.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2011.jpeg
    IMG_2011.jpeg
    918.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2014.jpeg
    IMG_2014.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 59
I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat with me. Ordered my Plaid (Black, white interior, cf, 19's) on May 22nd. The estimated delivery said "June" immediately, about a week after that it went blank. 3 weeks later I'm back at "June".

I've been reading pages and pages of this thread and I'm trying to find a pattern. I've heard blank delivery dates are actually good. I've heard July is their main goal that they want to delivery but more than likely it'll be a much later date. I'm literally in the worst position as possible because at first the white seats were seen as a shortage, then CF, and now the 19' wheels are at shortage mark as well.
I'm in the same boat as you and frankly am starting to get ****ing annoyed about how anyone who ordered after the event or even over the weekend is getting their car as long as it's a MSM with black interior and 21" wheels.

Regarding the standard 19" wheels/deliveries:

Afaik, none of us has seen a single dark grey tempest wheel or cover in the real world, yet. We've only seen website renders. I know speculation is the standard currency of this forum right now, but It is a pretty darned safe bet that anyone who ordered a Plaid with those wheels won't receive their car until @gabeincal shows us at least one single example of a Model S with them installed.

I know some refresh cars with silver tempest wheels have been seen out in the world, but those are almost certainly coming from the Fremont dirt lot, and the vast majority of the cars in that lot are LR. The few Plaid cars I've spotted in that mix have Arachnids.
Plaid at the local SC with silver tempests. They have no idea when they’ll be able to deliver the car but the owner came to see it yesterday. What a mess

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thank you for those detailed pics. So it doesn't sound like you are thrilled with the ebony wood trim. Is that a correct assumption?
I'm indifferent is what I would say. I prefer that it would've been a smooth, unblemished finish but I also like that the blemishes are part of 'character' from having (supposedly) real wood.

Also, it only really show up in direct, bright sunlight, so 99% of time in Seattle that's a non-issue. :D

It is however pretty dark wood, definitely much darker than the walnut finish and true to what's portrayed on the website.

I'm in the same boat as you and frankly am starting to get ****ing annoyed about how anyone who ordered after the event or even over the weekend is getting their car as long as it's a MSM with black interior and 21" wheels.
I was told by someone at Tesla corporate that 19s were likely to push deliveries until mid-to-late July. Keep in mind that's Tesla time, so expect August+

Ft Myers also has two LR. A blue one and MSM. The blue one has 19 in wheels and the MSM is 21 in. VIN is for the LS Blue/cream with 19 in
God those silver 19's truly are hideous. (And I have them on order so I'm not putting anyone down.) I can see why Elon declared them dead though. Here's to hoping the grey ones get produced quick.

Okay, I take back my earlier post about the bored guy on the roller-coaster.... this is the funniest thing I've seen recently! 🤣

his natural leaction in arabic, assuming his born language, is a better advertisement for the car than any communication from the tesla team yet.. will be on the look out for the vehicle down in the dmv

Here are some pics of details of the car. Just providing a different perspective from the usual pics of the cars posted here. :)

See how the wood grain shows all those imperfections? I first thought it's a ruined panel but those are present throughout the wood trim in the car and the delivery person and my SA shared photos of other cars, all with the same characteristics. I was told that people usually choose to put some form of finish on it after delivery since the trim comprised of actual wood. Still unsure about that. Will be interested to hear from other Black/Ebony decor folks on how their finishes are.

Those are not imperfections. It is just open pore wood. My Rover has the same type of wood and looks similar. Do not put a finish on it unless you really like the varnished look. It will last years like that and not need anything.

I was told by someone at Tesla corporate that 19s were likely to push deliveries until mid-to-late July. Keep in mind that's Tesla time, so expect August+
That's really disheartening. Is it because they were switched to grey and they need to produce them? So all the cars sitting in the lots with the silver 19's aren't going out? So many more questions for your corporate friend.