Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps sometime soon you'll do a nice long drive on the hwy and a bit around town, say 200 mi. or so and let us know what it's showing for your remaining battery range? 🤔 😎
I did 109 miles last weekend--mostly freeway with the flow of traffic--consumed 39% of the battery (63% ->24%) or 37.11 kWH which would size the useable pack around 95kWh.

I did 109 miles last weekend--mostly freeway with the flow of traffic--consumed 39% of the battery (63% ->24%) or 37.11 kWH which would size the useable pack around 95kWh.
So, does that theoretically put it around 220 mi. using ~ 80% battery, which means approx 20% or ~ 55 miles left? If so, that's only about 275 mi. total...not > 300 mi. like we had hoped for a good mix of city/hwy driving. Is my math accurate here? I think it would be great for someone with a MS Plaid to do a nice 180-200+ mi drive mix of city and mostly hwy to see what's left when you come back. 🤔

Reactions: byeLT4 and Droschke
So, does that theoretically put it around 220 mi. using ~ 80% battery, which means approx 20% or ~ 55 miles left? If so, that's only about 275 mi. total...not > 300 mi. like we had hoped for a good mix of city/hwy driving. Is my math accurate here? I think it would be great for someone with a MS Plaid to do a nice 180-200+ mi drive mix of city and mostly hwy to see what's left when you come back. 🤔
Whenever I take delivery I'll be doing a 2000 mile drive the following two days. (I'll share my TeslaMate logs.)

As a point of reference, build date on my car is 5/21 -- so original conjecture that the S/X line was fully idle from Jan to late May is likely accurate.
I'm indifferent is what I would say. I prefer that it would've been a smooth, unblemished finish but I also like that the blemishes are part of 'character' from having (supposedly) real wood.

Also, it only really show up in direct, bright sunlight, so 99% of time in Seattle that's a non-issue. :D

It is however pretty dark wood, definitely much darker than the walnut finish and true to what's portrayed on the website.
For some reason, the wood doesn’t seem to be very photogenic. The color looks a little weird in the pics. I’m sure it looks better in person. If not, I’ll figure something out.

What happens if we were willing to accept the silver wheels? If I end up hating them I can buy after-market wheels? Will they let us?
I’d do it as well. I wish they would reach out to the reservation holders who ordered the car prior to the date they made the change from silver. Maybe some would prefer the silver but probably not many. At least give the option.