Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some pics of details of the car. Just providing a different perspective from the usual pics of the cars posted here. :)

See how the wood grain shows all those imperfections? I first thought it's a ruined panel but those are present throughout the wood trim in the car and the delivery person and my SA shared photos of other cars, all with the same characteristics. I was told that people usually choose to put some form of finish on it after delivery since the trim comprised of actual wood. Still unsure about that. Will be interested to hear from other Black/Ebony decor folks on how their finishes are.

Holy **** that rear trim looks terrible. They need to really fix that. Someone did the math wrong there. I feel like someone measured the positioning with the door not being on the hinge. Does it hurt the car? No. Does it look sloppy? Yes. Man I really hope they address that soon. ****.

I've been reading pages and pages of this thread and I'm trying to find a pattern. I've heard blank delivery dates are actually good. I've heard July is their main goal that they want to delivery but more than likely it'll be a much later date. I'm literally in the worst position as possible because at first the white seats were seen as a shortage, then CF, and now the 19' wheels are at shortage mark as well.

I don’t think there’s a pattern. I suspect Tesla is just building cars. They don’t say “OK, it’s time to build Beyondludi’s car.” They build a car and the logistics say there’s a car hauler leaving the factory tomorrow that has one space left on it. They look at where that hauler is going and see if there’s an outstanding order at that destination that matches a car they have built. If so, it’s your lucky day. You get a car. This is the only explanation for why some have received a car in two weeks from ordering and some have been waiting a year. It also explains why you always see a full car hauler and the cars on said hauler are a mix of all models.

IMO Tesla is optimizing logistics so that they send out as many full haulers or trains full of sold cars as they can. It’s luck of the draw if you happen to have the right spec ordered and live in the right area.

As for a blank date, I think there’s some merit to it being a good sign. I suspect it means that the logistics show that you could get a car soon, but there are outstanding factors that prevent them from saying definitively yes at the moment.

Again, this is all my opinion, but I think it makes sense.

I'm in the same boat as you and frankly am starting to get ****ing annoyed about how anyone who ordered after the event or even over the weekend is getting their car as long as it's a MSM with black interior and 21" wheels.
Those people who ordered after the event have 10,000 of extra margin in their vehicle for Tesla. It’s in their best interest to fill them so if you cancel, they have them pocketed

They haven't moved...

1624495271519.png

That's really disheartening. Is it because they were switched to grey and they need to produce them? So all the cars sitting in the lots with the silver 19's aren't going out? So many more questions for your corporate friend.
Wish it was a friend and I'd get more detailed info. Switched my order to 21s. In Arizona potholes aren't really an issue (at least my area). I had preferred the 19s for range purposes but I'm done waiting.
As far as why... Elon. Probably need to produce them since he got a wild hair and changed them. Personally think it was the right call as the old 19s were ugly as hell IMO, but added delays suck.

Wish it was a friend and I'd get more detailed info. Switched my order to 21s. In Arizona potholes aren't really an issue (at least my area). I had preferred the 19s for range purposes but I'm done waiting.
As far as why... Elon. Probably need to produce them since he got a wild hair and changed them. Personally think it was the right call as the old 19s were ugly as hell IMO, but added delays suck.
So I actually want to know if the silver tempest out in the wild and in that lot are the older style 8.5" wide wheels from previous gen S, as opposed to the new 9.5"/10.5" staggered tempest wheels.

Holy **** that rear trim looks terrible. They need to really fix that. Someone did the math wrong there. I feel like someone measured the positioning with the door not being on the hinge. Does it hurt the car? No. Does it look sloppy? Yes. Man I really hope they address that soon. ****.
For this reason I won't post pictures of my car. When I had noticed a misalignment on my Model Y it hit my OCD hard. Having someone rip apart something that I looked forward to so much would sting a bit.