Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back on topic, I have a question for you new owners who have owned previous Model S's:

I've never been that comfortable in a Model S. My Model 3 fits me better. I'm 6'2" and have a taller torso. I've always bumped into headroom issues. Also, the rear seat in the models I have been in (granted I don't think I've sat in anything newer than probably a 2018) has always been low and a little cramped.

With the new seat form factor, has anything changed? Any taller owners a little more comfortable?

Thanks.

First rule of Tesla BEV, never use the brakes.
Second rule of Tesla BEV, never use the brakes.

I found the range learning curve was heavily dependent upon learning to one pedal drive. ICE teaches you to keep your foot on the accelerator comping up to a stop then lifting and braking with some authority. This is what those around you expect and, in the absence of it, they will get upset and try to dive in front of you.

With my MS', I seldom if ever use the brakes apart from coming to a full stop. Every so often I will intentionally use them to keep the the light dusting of rust off of them so that they react quickly when you need them. (let the dust over and try to use them quickly just once - the resulting panic will keep you from ever making that mistake again). I have found that I can accelerate as I like away from a light (hard but not launch hard) and it has near zero affect on my range provided I use one pedal driving and regen. My lifetime WHr/mile has been anywhere from 280-330 depending upon car variant. That is in S. FL with warm temperature and flat ground - ideal for BEV.
100% this. The '13 P85 I just traded was on its original pads and rotors at 137K miles. I figured I'd make it to 150K at least, based on the rate of wear.

Back on topic, I have a question for you new owners who have owned previous Model S's:

I've never been that comfortable in a Model S. My Model 3 fits me better. I'm 6'2" and have a taller torso. I've always bumped into headroom issues. Also, the rear seat in the models I have been in (granted I don't think I've sat in anything newer than probably a 2018) has always been low and a little cramped.

With the new seat form factor, has anything changed? Any taller owners a little more comfortable?

Thanks.
Really wish I could answer you lol. Need my S 😩

Personally, I'm expecting.... (please don't kill me with downvotes).. low low 11s, or maybe
10.9 at like 120 mph. That would make the LR substantially faster than the M3P, but without encroaching on the Plaid's territory.
(M3P is like 11.6 at 116 mph)

Thats what i think too. Im thinking it will be right around what the 2018+ BMW m5 or the Mercedes e63amg does in performance.

Thats what i think too. Im thinking it will be right around what the 2018+ BMW m5 or the Mercedes e63amg does in performance.

my guess is the LR will run 11.3 at 119 mph. So where are the LR guys with the dragy come on :cool: 😂

And do not forget that it is easy to to say "yeah, but they sell all that they make" when they have limited production capacity and limited competition. When more plants are online and people have more viable alternatives, the market will change for Tesla.
True but until that point, is it smarter to burn opex and headcount on more CSRs or more engineers. There is a case to be made for the latter, I mean look at all the folks on this thread.

Thanks.
So, 6' and my son is 6'4".

The front has more headroom than our P85, but we had the pano roof in that which cut into headroom so that might not be a fair comparison. Nonetheless, my son is certainly comfortable in the front. The rear seats are supposed to be more reclined than prior models, one benefit of which is a bi more headroom.

Again, this is short sighted. I'm not criticizing you, I'm criticizing Tesla.

Yes, you have to fund that entity. But in the long run, it more than pays for itself. Again, this is proven. It is much easier to keep current customers with good customer service than to have to pay to innovate to keep them. Innovation is hard, and it is expensive. And you have a growing number of companies entering the market every day to come steal Tesla's lunch. Yes, they are way behind. But eventually, these products will start eating into their sales.

Again, I'm not making this up. It's well researched, documented and proven. And by combining constant innovation PLUS excellent customer service (hell, even basic customer service would be an improvement), you'd have a dynamite combination and it's just better overall.

Look at Chick Fil A. Their product is inexpensive and market competitive. Arguably, it's not even as good as other competing products (the Popeyes sandwich is better). However, look at their customer service. That takes money to train, but they see it as valuable and make the investment. All to sell you a $9 sandwich meal. And people return and are loyal because of it.

So if CFA can do it, Tesla certainly can afford to do it.
Agree but that is not how (SV) engineers think.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Agreed on that point. What my question was that if i choose "Tesla" financing, will it still take 4 business days? I am guessing that it would be instantaneous.
But that is what I am saying, Tesla does not do financing. There is nothing that flows through Tesla. They are farming you out to a lender. You will still have to go through BOA.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid