Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of us who haven't been graced by the entropy monkey, who out there is driving their current vehicle and pretending the steering wheel is a yoke? Trying to maneuver your vehicle, keeping your hands off the top portion of the wheel, am I the only one?? Surely there must be others...

Still no delivery date, 9 months and 5 days...
Are you me? I've been doing it a lot more this week 😂
I also happen to put my hand on top portion of the wheel to relax and am trying to bring that under control. I am sure Yoke is cool as hell but man, I am not looking forward to adjusting to a new steering wheel that doesn't have the top half 😭

Ok, so these are the new ones:
View attachment 679663
And these are the old ones:
View attachment 679664

Thanks! Those old ones are a bit...meh. Perhaps there's a reason I've never seen one in the wild.
Really impossible for me to know, just from a sketch, if I'd like the new ones. Looking forward to photos.
Curious how close they are going to be to the Y Gemini wheels. 4 2020 Factory Tesla Model Y 19" OEM Wheels Black Gemini Rims | eBay

The decision for me is strictly potholes. Love the look of the 21s, but I had several blowouts with my prior 21s with 265-35s. The 295-30s don’t make sense around here.
Lol I’d take the 21s though at this point
Yeah, I have had my previous model 3 get its rims busted twice while driving on 20". Cannot imagine the damage had it been 21" wheels. Potholes scare me and there are so many of them here so I'd be glad to get 19" wheels. But I also don't wanna wait too long for my car since I will be selling my car within the next two weeks 😭

Last edited:
May be I should upgrade to 21" wheels for now and then switch to 19" wheels later. Wonder how amazing my life would have been had I made this decision two weeks ago :confused:
Agree, but will it be sensible to do it at this point ? It almost seems the same as throwing the towel in too late and selling at the bottom. Might be better off sitting tight.

Gonna repost from yesterday because +50 pages? :) already and big concern of mine given waiting on LR as daily driver and I found old S was basically a 2 seater given useless rear seat. Thanks in advance

Can anybody, who has actually received their car, comment in detail on the back seat? Is it actually comfortable/usable for an adult? I found old MS rear seat to be extremely uncomfortable given seating angle and floor height combo. Any insight on new vs old comparison is very much appreciated.
I guess it is hard to quantify if something is comfortable with a better idea of what is important to you. Our old S was our road trip car before we got the X and the aforementioned 6'4" teenager spent many hours camped out back there with no complaints. My wife would also stretch out back there, but she's 5'1" and pretty much fits anywhere. :)

In the Plaid, the rear legroom seems improved by a couple of inches, the angle of the setback in reclined a bit more which improves headroom, the outboard seats are more deeply bolstered than may old S and are more compliant but still firm. Hope that helps.

It is night and day from a 911. I just sold a 992 C4S with PCCB a month or two ago and those brakes were the best I’ve ever felt in a car, include 3 previous PCCB’s on other 991’s. The Tesla is nothing like that, completely unrelated In every fashion. I’m not going to say better or worse, but completely different for sure.
You’re taking about just brakes then? I was thinking about upgrading the brakes to some larger brembos if they don’t come with brembo already. I just hope they’re adequate for this kind of power and weight. I read somewhere that Porsche designs their brakes so it can stop 5 times the amount of the cars weight. Not sure if that’s true, but it sure did feel it!

Big difference between a 3700lb Porsche 911S & a 4700+lb MS Plaid but as others have discussed, the MS Plaid seems to handle quite well and the brakes should be quite adequate for normal, everyday driving. Tracking the car would likely be a different situation.
True. As can be seen on the Plaid seen in Laguna. I would like to get those brakes!