Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After less than a full day of having my MSLR I am very satisfied. Fit and finish seem very good and I've only noticed the stuff that has been mentioned that is currently not functional. The yoke is not as weird as you'd think. I'm already getting used to it. It is very wide feeling, but with the armrests on both sides it's far from uncomfortable. Panel gaps are minimal and the overall look is awesome. (I love the Arachnids) The only real issue I'm facing is the learning curve on the screen. Some things feel less than intuitive, but I'm sure that more my fault than the cars. I'll get some good photos up once the weather here stabilizes.

Things that do NOT work well:
  1. Frunk opening with the keyfob. This takes 4-5 tries to make it work.
  2. Rear seat release switches. I think if there's any tension from the seatbelts on the seats, the switch appears to not work.
  3. The video entertainment in the back seat. The selection screen appears when you press the screen icon for it. After that, clicking any of the apps doesn't do anything. I have not tried any video on the front screen.
  4. As others have mentioned, the "phone as a key" process doesn't work at all. When you press that in the mobile app nothing happens.
If I can answer anything for LR (or Plaid) folks, just let me know!

Oh yeah, no crazy body roll at all. Again, you won’t forget it’s weight, but it’s very, very composed. Limiting corner exit power does keep the car composed as well. But yes, it’s body control is excellent.

This car compared to my previous LR with 19’s is an entirely different experience. The LR made me want to chill and go slow. This car wants to go. But also there’s a ton of novelty right now since I just got it yesterday!
There was a ton of novelty when I got my P100D (1st EV.) Even after almost 2 years, the novelty never went away. I loved it the same as I did the 1st time I drove it.
That was a first for me.

Oh yeah, no crazy body roll at all. Again, you won’t forget it’s weight, but it’s very, very composed. Limiting corner exit power does keep the car composed as well. But yes, it’s body control is excellent.

This car compared to my previous LR with 19’s is an entirely different experience. The LR made me want to chill and go slow. This car wants to go. But also there’s a ton of novelty right now since I just got it yesterday!
Awesome, thanks again for your input @uthatcher !

My P85D with the Plus suspension handled corners so much than later variants, such as P90D etc.
Then I got a M3P and the stock suspension had pretty bad body roll, so I had a set of UP coilovers & swap bars installed, and couldn’t be happier.

I’m really hoping I won’t have to mess with the Plaid’s suspension from stock!

Back to blank from July for a Plaid Black / Black / Ebony Wood / 21"

I am about to be in Hawaii for about 10 days so hopefully that will ease my refresh anxiety. But it does increase my anxiety of an unexpected delivery date to pop up while on PTO!
Aloha! Just went back to Aug from blank today....Going on vaca in Hawaii as well come Sat for 7 days haha Hope it will be a relaxing time rather then seeing a VIN pop up there and cant take delivery.

1. Frunk opening with the keyfob. This takes 4-5 tries to make it work.
  2. Rear seat release switches. I think if there's any tension from the seatbelts on the seats, the switch appears to not work.
  3. As others have mentioned, the "phone as a key" process doesn't work at all. When you press that in the mobile app nothing happens.
I also had these issues. On the frunk I thought I was just doing it wrong. Reminds me, summon with the key fob doesn't work very well. I think it may be a key fob issue with the button now that you mention the frunk thing.

Why I want 19s:
* Potholes in the roads around here aren't always avoidable (or even visible when they fill with rainwater)
* They look pretty cool with the hubcaps off
* They have great efficiency with the hubcaps on (although I'd only do this for road trips)
* Don't have to spend $4500 now and then whatever it is for the ZeroG 20"s, later
How do you know how cool they look, as AFAIK nobody has seen the 19s yet? Do we know they look "the same" as previous 19s?
Can somebody post a pic of an old 19 without the cover, as I don't even know what those look like?

Gonna repost from yesterday because +50 pages? :) already and big concern of mine given waiting on LR as daily driver and I found old S was basically a 2 seater given useless rear seat. Thanks in advance

Can anybody, who has actually received their car, comment in detail on the back seat? Is it actually comfortable/usable for an adult? I found old MS rear seat to be extremely uncomfortable given seating angle and floor height combo. Any insight on new vs old comparison is very much appreciated.

I see you have all weather floor mats. Does Tesla stock them for the refreshed S or are you using pre-refresh versions?
I'm just using the ones they had in stock at the service center. We popped them in to try, and the fronts seem good. Folks in the forum mentioned they thought the back didn't fit, but it seems fine to me as well. I don't have the exact part number, but the technician who grabbed them said they showed up as compatible with 2021, but again maybe they aren't ideal fit and i'm just not perfectionist enough to notice.

How do you know how cool they look, as AFAIK nobody has seen the 19s yet? Do we know they look "the same" as previous 19s?
Can somebody post a pic of an old 19 without the cover, as I don't even know what those look like?
A while back someone posted a screenshot from the parts catalog with an outline of them next to the ZeroG wheels, they look somewhat like little cocktail forks around a hub (lol). Although, until we see them in person, they could always change.

Gonna repost from yesterday because +50 pages? :) already and big concern of mine given waiting on LR as daily driver and I found old S was basically a 2 seater given useless rear seat. Thanks in advance

Can anybody, who has actually received their car, comment in detail on the back seat? Is it actually comfortable/usable for an adult? I found old MS rear seat to be extremely uncomfortable given seating angle and floor height combo. Any insight on new vs old comparison is very much appreciated.
I sat in it this morning just for you, felt fine to me but it was brief. I'm 6'1" tall.

Ok, so these are the new ones:
1625065890849.png

And these are the old ones:
1625065937148.png

I’ve been so impressed how a plaid was able to get a 1:30 at Laguna. Considering it is 2-3 seconds faster than a GT3RS, Turbo S, etc.. The plaid took the 1st corner at 47mph, which was quicker than all other production cars I’ve seen. Bizarre
Someone said it earlier--the way the Palid corners make no sense--feels way more agile than it should be and communicative enough to feel comfortable pushing it.

I also had these issues. On the frunk I thought I was just doing it wrong. Reminds me, summon with the key fob doesn't work very well. I think it may be a key fob issue with the button now that you mention the frunk thing.
It's just one of those "meh" things. I likely will not be opening it often, and the screen option to open works every time.

What is wrong with these people? I can get some 0-60 draggy numbers Sunday afternoon. I would like to get full 1/4 mile times as well, but I don’t really have access to anywhere I can do that safely and legally. We used to have Carlsbad Raceway, but it closed down several years ago.
Welcome to my world! SacEV is doing a track day in mid-July, so thinking I'll go to that.