Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!!! Absolutely stunning color!!!! My favorite. What color interior did you get?

I couldn't help but notice the mis-alignment in the hatch - the left is much closer to the bumper compared to the right side of the hatch near the bumper. Is that how it actually is in person?

Just re-upping on the last question .. I can't find a sentry cam viewer anywhere in the current refresh UI, so I assume it just isn't there yet. I even went to best buy to purchase an ssd to put in the car because I assumed that's why it didn't show up. When I went to install it, I found that Tesla includes a USB stick by default now, heh.
You can load it by voice, that's the only way I have found. "Open dashcam viewer"

Congrats!!! Absolutely stunning color!!!! My favorite. What color interior did you get?

I couldn't help but notice the mis-alignment in the hatch - the left is much closer to the bumper compared to the right side of the hatch near the bumper. Is that how it actually is in person?
Thanks, I eyeballed the hatch when I picked it up, it looked even to me.

Black/Ebony interior.

If you're leasing, 110% don't get FSD. Wait for the subscription. It's not going to help you scratch against the garage. If anything, it'll cause it.

My old car had EAP which has most of the FSD features. My new car has basic AP. I'm not missing much. But you'll certainly find better uses for the $150 / month.
Thank you - I guess that's another way of saying from your experience, the FSD isn't worth $150/month. I've seen the photos/videos of the dash showing stop signs, etc. - not sure if that is only FSD but looks pretty amazing. I'd like summon and the parking - but as you mentioned, if causes scratches or worse, then no way.
I'm from Brooklyn, and my wife is amazed how well I can parallel park (and yes, I used to park in spots smaller than my car, with some gentle bumper action involved!) - but I DON'T like the idea of my FSD car crashing into the car in front of me (like the trailer photo I saw) or hitting my parked friend's car.
Thanks for the response!

Good luck with that. Rivian is way behind. Apparently they will release trucks based more on how close to a service center you are than when you ordered. The inital service centers opening will be few and far between and only a handful will be open soon, all near large cities in big states.
I put a deposit down in Nov 2018 and based on what I've read, I may be a year to two years away from actually receiving my RT1 rather than the expectation we would be getting them this summer.
Can't be any worse than this Tesla BS!

So much for improved fit and finish. I've seen a bunch of alignment issues so far in pictures.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks, I eyeballed the hatch when I picked it up, it looked even to me.

Black/Ebony interior.
Cool thanks. This is what I'm referring to - perhaps it;s just the angle.

20210629_141937_22.jpg

If you are on the fence AND on a lease - I would not do it. You might never see the value during your lease terms. Not sure if you can recoup any of that at the end of the lease. Someone else who has leased AND bought FSD can comment.

I would suggest waiting for the FSD subscription - coming in two weeks likely, six months definitely #ElonTime
Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure if you followed what I was asking or how lease residuals work (please read this with a nice tone, I'm not trying to be a jerk). With the lease, I'm "renting" and paying a "rental fee" plus interest (money factor). The residual is about 55% so I'm roughly paying 45% plus interest (yeah, other fees too). So, $10k BEFORE the lease begins means about $4,500 plus interest - and the lease calculator on the site pretty much bore that out - as leasing and adding the $10k FSD raised payments by I think $157 a month - which is just a hair more than $4,500 over the 36 months. After the lease is up, I have no car, and no payments, and no equity - so the FSD is a non event to me after the lease.
If I buy the FSD one day after the lease (unless a subscription) it will cost me $10k clams - and I would get back $0 at end of the lease - so IF I really want FSD later, my only real two options would be buy, and buy the car at the end of the lease, or subscription model.
Thanks again for the reply!

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure if you followed what I was asking or how lease residuals work (please read this with a nice tone, I'm not trying to be a jerk). With the lease, I'm "renting" and paying a "rental fee" plus interest (money factor). The residual is about 55% so I'm roughly paying 45% plus interest (yeah, other fees too). So, $10k BEFORE the lease begins means about $4,500 plus interest - and the lease calculator on the site pretty much bore that out - as leasing and adding the $10k FSD raised payments by I think $157 a month - which is just a hair more than $4,500 over the 36 months. After the lease is up, I have no car, and no payments, and no equity - so the FSD is a non event to me after the lease.
If I buy the FSD one day after the lease (unless a subscription) it will cost me $10k clams - and I would get back $0 at end of the lease - so IF I really want FSD later, my only real two options would be buy, and buy the car at the end of the lease, or subscription model.
Thanks again for the reply!
No offense taken! Appreciate the dialog.

I guess the larger question would be (if I am understanding) - do you think the features today (and rumored to come out, remember it is "Tesla time") are worth $4,500 over the life of the lease.

Are they still offering the ability to buy after a lease? I know they stopped on 3s and Ys.

Edit: I also see you referring summon quite off. In my opinion (and my opinion only), that is a party trick feature and not something people use regularly. Totally could be wrong. But it seems more like a gimmick than a feature.

Hi Gang, I'm on the fence about adding FSD. On the one hand, it seems kinda half backed, and I've seen polarizing responses - "it's great...it's terrible" etc. - on the other hand, I have FOMO. On the lease, it's about $150/month - I'm a gadget guy - for $150/month is it worth it? (If it helps me avoid scratching against the garage I suppose it is - if I summon and it clips a car (as I read about) then definitely not. I'd appreciate some thoughts, thanks! (I imagine the subscription would be $200/month or so - and I doubt I'd turn on or off...kinda talking myself into adding it) - thanks!
To me, the answer is yes. I use FSD all the time with my daily 100 mile commute and I find it great. The Plaid Autopilot really seems like it works better than my 2021 LRS.

Ah I was looking at the sides. There does seem to be a slight misalignment there, I went out and looked. It is exacerbated by the angle of the light there.
In the pic I edited you can also see the corresponding mis-alignment of the inner section of the tail lights - the left one appears lower compared to the right one against the body.

20210629_141937_22.jpg

To me, the answer is yes. I use FSD all the time with my daily 100 mile commute and I find it great. The Plaid Autopilot really seems like it works better than my 2021 LRS.
This is also a good thing to keep in mind @IamGaryGnu - what does your commute look like? I used to have a 45 minute one way, 40 mile commute. Afternoon was stop-and-go traffic. Standard AP (TACC+lane keeping) would have been fine. But I also used NoA often and it made it smooth from freeway entry to exit.

Thank you - I guess that's another way of saying from your experience, the FSD isn't worth $150/month. I've seen the photos/videos of the dash showing stop signs, etc. - not sure if that is only FSD but looks pretty amazing. I'd like summon and the parking - but as you mentioned, if causes scratches or worse, then no way.
I'm from Brooklyn, and my wife is amazed how well I can parallel park (and yes, I used to park in spots smaller than my car, with some gentle bumper action involved!) - but I DON'T like the idea of my FSD car crashing into the car in front of me (like the trailer photo I saw) or hitting my parked friend's car.
Thanks for the response!
I will likely do a subscription for road trips but I really don't have a true need for it. There is an "FSD Visualization" on my LR without FSD. I'll check that out asap.