Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uhhhh isn't that just the icon that brings up your backup camera?

Agree with @2021plaid. What does the Sentry icon do? If you press and hold it does it come up? You had to do that, if I recall, from the old UI.

Edit: actually, what if you hit "Recording"? Does that bring the viewer up? That is the old TeslaCam icon from the top bar.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 12.31.42 PM.png

To me, the answer is yes. I use FSD all the time with my daily 100 mile commute and I find it great. The Plaid Autopilot really seems like it works better than my 2021 LRS.
thank you - as expected (and feared) your counterpoint is tipping my scale towards the "F it - only $150/month - and look how much cheaper than getting a Plaid" analysis....
I'll typically buy any driver/safety feature and chalk the expense up to, "if it helps avoid 1 accident..." - will the FSD prevent an accident, say, better than autopilot? I don't know. I don't do THAT MUCH highway driving - but if it can also help on my short commute, or maybe do a better job of avoiding deer than say, regular autopilot? or help me spot a stop sign or changing traffic light? those can help justify the cost.
thanks again!

"NOTE: Dashcam Viewer may not be available at delivery."

Two weeks.
Seeing that the manual states "If equipped, you can review Dashcam and Sentry Mode video recordings on your vehicle's touchscreen when Model S is in Park. Touch the Dashcam icon on the touchscreen's status bar and select Launch Viewer.", I hope the menu bar is making a come back with a future update.

Congrats!!! Absolutely stunning color!!!! My favorite. What color interior did you get?

I couldn't help but notice the mis-alignment in the hatch - the left is much closer to the bumper compared to the right side of the hatch near the bumper. Is that how it actually is in person?
So much for improved fit and finish. I've seen a bunch of alignment issues so far in pictures.

I guess this kind of power and tech comes at a price. Some people get upset that we call out these misalignments and like someone said it's no offense to the owner as they didn't build the car. Others like me will keep pointing it out and complain about it which is natural because panels gaps and misaligned parts should really be a thing of the past in this day and age (and especially at this price point). In the end, panel gaps or none I won't refuse delivery over it knowing that it's on all if not most Tesla's out there. Only the enthusiasts or the Tesla haters will call it out and the average Joe won't care if our cars have misaligned panels. I care because I have OCD and expect more, but like I said, the other aspects of the car will more than enough make up for it. There, I've accepted it. Can I have my S now?!?!? Still blank fwiw…

I was content waiting until late next year for the Plaid+ (although I was hoping they'd get it done faster).
Now, my car *could* be delivered, I can't wait at all, haha.
When I canceled my plaid+ order for a regular plaid, I was thinking deliveries of plaid+ would start in maybe late 2022 resulting in frequent visits to psychiatrists.