Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla really delivered 2 performance model S variants. But, seriously @AMGF if performance matters, get plaid if you can swing it.
I can swing it, but I honestly think a 9sec street car is absurd even though I want it. But if the LR could be a mid 10sec at close to 130mph (pipe dream I know) I would keep the extra 50k$ to myself as I think this would be good enough for me.

I sold my ZR1 a couple years back and the idea was to have an everyday car that could be quicker. I don’t think the LR is quite there though. I can’t wait for actual LR numbers to start showing up.

Hahahaha, ok AMGF, that was me in a station parking lot on the way to work, it was for sugar and giggles, haven’t seen many others posting their numbers here, if I can get her 3.25 without really trying I look forward to a real run at it. Tough to reach 100 with a very short runway. Go plaid mate! I’m happy with a car that likely is 3.0 with no let up and the difference in price has bought my wife a Y. DM me with any questions….
Apologies for the dragy post .. Wasn't aware of the circumstances and a TMC member. cheers

I can swing it, but I honestly think a 9sec street car is absurd even though I want it. But if the LR could be a mid 10sec at close to 130mph (pipe dream I know) I would keep the extra 50k$ to myself as I think this would be good enough for me.

I sold my ZR1 a couple years back and the idea was to have an everyday car that could be quicker. I don’t think the LR is quite there though. I can’t wait for actual LR numbers to start showing up.
Get me a delivery and I have my Draggy ready to go and I'm not afraid to get a street 1/4 mile. Haha.

Wow! So has your Tesla SA (or whomever you contacted with all of these issues) said they will address and try to fix every problem? Seems like a lot of issues for a brand new $100k+ vehicle. Sorry.
The way Tesla does it these days - you report the issues via the app and schedule a service appointment. I haven’t actually spoken to anyone on the phone. You have 100 miles or 24 hours to schedule service and report the issues. I’m confident they will fix all of my concerns.

My performance Model Y also needed to go to a body shop for repairs after I took delivery. Tesla fixed everything to my satisfaction. It’s definitely an inconvenience, but I’m hoping the scratches can be buffed out.

Last edited:
I am noticing a common theme here. People bitch until they get their car.
We have the ventilated seats in the Model X and the ventilation in the refresh is much more noticeable, plus having them come on automatically is a nice addition.
does the ventilation blow air out or suck air in? If it blows air out, is it actually AC air when on cool?

I have had one issue with the yoke so far. I keep trying to put my hand on top of the steering wheel but it is not there

also when I test drove a pre refreshed model, there was an option on the brake regen whether you wanted full or moderate. Something like that. Is there a similar setting on the new models?

I know I have not Completed Reading the manual yet.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Serious question but other than Omar and his PlaIid (my MVP on this forum) and a lesser mortal, ie me and my LR, have i missed any other posts here on performance? Also, where’s Hayseed and Tigers at 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hey I'm still creeping around here. @Hayseed_MS is too good for us peasants now that he has his car. Probably out looking for a second wife. At least that's what I'm going to be doing once I get mine.

Happy for you but DARN you.... i am a mere 80 miles south, exact config, and an order date 5 days earlier.... still blank
Decided to check once today and waited until tonight instead of morning after the gym. Surprise! Delivery date has been gone since late May and now back with July 9-16. I think I’ll wait for a VIN and then accept the excitement

LR MSM Black/Black 21” FSD. Order March 11th

Cool! As far as I know you’re the first that posted any numbers for the LR anywhere! Don’t take it wrong, we on the fence, are cravings for actual numbers. Plus I want to look in my order in the next week if possible. :)

If you can’t do a full 1/4 for lack of space or tickets worry try to do at least a best possible 0-100mph, that’d give us a good idea of the performance potential.
All friends here! Finding a place around where I live to do a proper run safely and without fear or getting a ticket isn’t easy. i will say this, the run i posted was one run on the way to work, no launch mode used, terrible surface in a car park, complete rookie with below average conditions…my point of posting the 0-60 was to show if the car can do that (0.15 below advertised speed) without really trying to maximize the performance then… wow… blown away… I would say this, if you are looking to order and you are indifferent financially between the LR and Plaid then order the Plaid… if you just want a super fast car and you don’t mind a few cars faster than you then order the LR… admittedly I am a first time tesla owner but pretty confident I am faster 0-100 than the majority of cars on the road, its a rocket ship…either way you’ll be happy

Apologies for the dragy post .. Wasn't aware of the circumstances and a TMC member. cheers
No apologies needed, seriously, it genuinely was a sugar and giggles first test of the dragy, hadn’t seen any other posts and wanted to share with this community. If I can get 3.25 just mucking around i would think someone taking it seriously will post much more impressive numbers….

Some reactions 2.5 days in:
- everyone stops 20 ft behind me @ red lights then carefully creep forward
- nobody tries to go around me (they know better)
- I’ve seen several phone cameras pointed toward the car in the other drivers’ side mirrors
-some guy rolled his window down to ask me something today but I didnt realize til after pulling away bc it’s soundproof (u can hear a mouse fart in the cabin no joke)
-even a few women have walked by “ooh I like ur car” so some of u nerds might actually have a chance
“That’s a whole nother level of pimpin, nothing touches this man”
“dude that thing is sharp as f***, wow”
“AHHHHHHHHHHH no stop, oh my god no please stop please stop”
the list already goes on and little kids are freakin hilarious when they see it, too

Seriously - between material quality, incredible aesthetics, and extraordinary handling/performance… the new S is hands down one of the best progressions of technology and/or mode of transportation in existence, no matter the price. Then when you consider the cost, it’s just a straight up sore d**k… u can’t beat it

How does Tesla start taking orders for a car in January and not start production of the standard wheel until six months later?
At this point this is the biggest reason I'm not champing at the bit to get mine, despite my (relatively) early order. I'm trying to wait out a standard wheel option (and, fingers crossed, maybe even a 7 seat option) without having to cancel and go to the back of the queue.

I get it but what IF there's some defect or some issue in some MS Plaids & LRs that can cause this to happen? Just saying that for everyone like you who's already taken delivery and the thousands more like us who haven't yet but are supposed to in just the coming weeks, it's a little unnerving. I mean, they did speed up the manufacturing for EOQ push right? I know they said the delays had much to do with chip & other parts shortages AND making sure the new, denser (diff chemistry) batteries were safe but still, there are a lot of ppl now running around in their MS Plaids & LRs and although this happened in just one car so far, it happened fairly quickly just after delivery AND really, it's one too many.
I think it is way too early to think it is a systemic issue. Anything is possible, but the information available now wouldn't make that possibility very likely. Certainly not likely enough for me to worry about it at this point (and I worry about a lot of things that I shouldn't worry about in general).
Mark