Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprise
Surprise
Surprise

A PI attorney already involved.
Wow how we have screwed so many things up (Tort Law, Direct Marketing of Drugs,,,,)
There's no question there's a ton of dirt bags in the industry. As a former PI attorney (plaintiff and defense), I will say when you go to a restaurant, etc. and see a yellow line by the stairs to the bathroom, etc. chances are good it may have been too dim, somebody fell, maybe the restaurant got hit with a lawsuit, but now with that yellow line, maybe a new bannister and better lighting, perhaps the next guy won't fall.

At the same time, a lot of the US laws are baffling. I think the smart headlights on my past few German cars have been crippled in the US and can't do the smart stuff they can in Europe; I read somewhere the US auto light regulations are like 100 pages long, something crazy like that.

I'd also love to know what happened with this car - I doubt it just spontaneously combusted (but I don't know the facts) but I think if there was a real chance of that, all the refreshed and possibly prior S's, maybe other models would be recalled, big time.

Did the driver damage the batteries or undercarriage?
Was he a target of arson?
Did he drop a lit cigar in the car and looking for his insurance to cover the fire?
Was it a build issue, that is either common, or a unique set of circumstances to this car?
Will I ever get a VIN?
These are pressing questions!!!!!

1,890 S deliveries this quarter. More than I thought.

Why are the models combined? I always seem to see the 3 and Y and S and X together

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’d like to take a moment to appreciate this GROUNDBREAKING moment. 2000 upvotes - I really appreciate your support! 😆

I’m not going to forget you guys and quickly disappear now that I have my car. I’m going to show my appreciation by providing full draggy results as soon as I get home.
You beat me. I need to be less controversial. 🤣

I was just thinking the same thing. Is the Plaid really a sleeper? I mean from what I can tell by other car communities (talking real enthusiasts here) they are scared $hitless to even mess with this these cars in terms of straight line acceleration. Especially from a dig. Now that the top end has been fixed with Plaid......game over and they know it. It's like trying to beat Alabama in a college football game....why try.....hahahah
Maybe a ‘de-badged’ plaid can be a sleeper especially with the black calipers.
It’s funny how the tiny badge removed is the difference between me living a quiet peaceful life compared to a not so quiet ‘fast and furious’ type of life.

1,890 S deliveries this quarter. More than I thought.

Interesting, they produced 2,340 and delivered 1,890. This leaves 450 cars produced but not delivered. Are most of those still sitting in that lot in Fremont, or do you guys think these are just cars that are still in transit?

:confused: I think at this point, Tesla has pulled the low regen option of all cars.
I would definitely hate that. It makes me car sick. I don't know what changed for me but a few months ago all of a sudden I could not tolerate the excessive regen braking because it made me car sick. Never used to happen before. I had to switch to standard regen braking which worked perfectly even for passengers because honestly Teslas have a tendency to make passengers get extremely car sick much more often than other cars. May be I need to relearn the one pedal driving but knowing that it's removed now makes me not to look forward to it

Why are the models combined? I always seem to see the 3 and Y and S and X together
To my knowledge, Tesla has always reported them this way. Perhaps to make it more difficult to see lagging or increasing demand from one vs the other.
But since they didn’t deliver any refreshed X’s that im aware of, this makes it easy to see just the S deliveries.

Last edited:
Interesting, they produced 2,340 and delivered 1,890. This leaves 450 cars produced but not delivered. Are most of those still sitting in that lot in Fremont, or do you think these are just cars that are still in transit?
Wow from our spreadsheet, these numbers tell us there are a lot of Tesla folks not on TMC 😩.. probably a combination of both.

Last edited:
Dropped my car off at the detail shop. I’m getting:
  • Spectra Photosync 35 tint (Rear and 4 doors).
  • Stek PPF on front bumper and headlights and replace unsightly factory PPF with exposed edges in front of rear wheels
  • Stek Dynoflex Windshield PPF provides 99% UV protection and absorbs impact from flying debris
  • Full paint correction and ceramic coating.
  • High Gloss Bentley black paint on chrome Tesla T logos
I might not get the car back until Monday. I will post new pictures and draggy figures as soon as I get it back.
View attachment 680603
you'll miss you baby for four days but it will be amazing when done.

Maybe a ‘de-badged’ plaid can be a sleeper especially with the black calipers.
It’s funny how the tiny badge removed is the difference between me living a quiet peaceful life compared to a not so quiet ‘fast and furious’ type of life.
First thing to delete on my list if I get this car.

Dropped my car off at the detail shop. I’m getting:
  • Spectra Photosync 35 tint (Rear and 4 doors).
  • Stek PPF on front bumper and headlights and replace unsightly factory PPF with exposed edges in front of rear wheels
  • Stek Dynoflex Windshield PPF provides 99% UV protection and absorbs impact from flying debris
  • Full paint correction and ceramic coating.
  • High Gloss Bentley black paint on chrome Tesla T logos
I might not get the car back until Monday. I will post new pictures and draggy figures as soon as I get it back.
View attachment 680603
Dang! How much is that running you app. 7k give or take?

I was wondering about the same. I spent a good deal of time looking for that setting but couldn't find it.
My wife drove an EV for the first time yesterday and she was super happy with the yoke but pissed with high amount of regen 😂
This will piss off my passengers. I am not looking forward to it. It's ****ed up honestly. For some reason female passengers get car sick really easily due to regen. I myself get car sick because of it. **** this, I am not buying a Plaid now. It's not like my experience was any better before finding out about this 😂

Do you mind me asking how much the PPF install costs? I'd be interested in doing the same once i get my LR.
I have received a few quotes so I can share:
$5175 for Xpel clear bro for full car
$5375 for Xpel stealth for full application

$3000 from another shop for the following:
Full front - bumper, hood, fenders and lights ( suntek Ultra)
Paint correction and 9H ceramic coating for the full car. (4 year warranty)