Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how the performance will degrade now that it’s so extreme.
Relating this to software engineering, the degradation should be better. As the Tesla engineers have a better understanding of their battery chemistry and experiment over the years, they would be able to produce a version that is not only faster, but more stable too.

Pricey compared to mine:

Paint correction and 2 coats CeramicPro on all exterior surfaces, including trim, wheels and windows: $800
Ceramic Tint: $375

Total: $1175+tax.
In my opinion, it is all relative. Various quality of product and work.

I have gone the cheaper route for PPF and tint - it sucked. Bubbles in both and pealing on the PPF. As I always say, do you research on the product and the installer.

No offence @Tigers, but this was already posted earlier. You can read the discussion if you go back to the original post. ☝️ :)
homer_lurking.gif

In my opinion, it is all relative. Various quality of product and work.

I have gone the cheaper route for PPF and tint - it sucked. Bubbles in both and pealing on the PPF. As I always say, do you research on the product and the installer.
I can't stress this enough. specially PPF, if you get a bad installer it will be a NIGHTMARE to deal with the dirt edges and peeling and bubbles. ohhhhhh been there done that, research the *sugar* out of the person that did mine on my M3P so I didn't have to deal with that again.

I've now had a seventh person reach out to me about the fire news, and this is why people become annoyingly staunch Tesla defenders. Soon enough, it will come out that the dude wrecked/damaged that car, but that will appear on five blogs and the image of the first car burning is all people will remember. <sigh>
Same here with the people forwarding or commenting. My current responses:

- Evidently the driver didn't know about the new cooled seats.
- It's possible he pushed the self-destruct button which really should only be used in a major emergency.
- I've named my car: "Chariot on Fire"

I personally love how much control the regen gives me over decel. The control is much finer than using the brakes, and the fact that it's all on one pedal makes it so easy to get back on the throttle. It's like a different level of control, IMO. Really great in bad weather, too.
I completely agree. It really makes no sense to reduce the regen. Driving with one foot is a much improved way to control the car, and why not maximize the energy efficiency and save the brake pads at the same time? Brake dust is also eliminated, keeping those wheels clean!

I understand the concern coming from an ICE. The first thing people naturally want to do is turn regen off or to a low setting. I have had several friends and family members switch from ICE to Tesla’s, and this is their primary concern. I usually just advise them to practice driving with full regen with creep disabled and it never takes more than a few days to adjust. They adjust rapidly and end up loving it quickly realizing that it is not only easier but also superior.

If the deceleration is jerky and uncomfortable, you are simply not modulating the accelerator properly.

Maybe a ‘de-badged’ plaid can be a sleeper especially with the black calipers.
It’s funny how the tiny badge removed is the difference between me living a quiet peaceful life compared to a not so quiet ‘fast and furious’ type of life.
Hi, this is a real question, and done with respect for all who talk about racing other cars. Does it really happen fairly often that someone pulls up next to you at a stop or on the freeway indicating a 'let's go' vibe? My former S was a 100D, and current Y is a P, but it isn't super fast compared to the P100D or the Plaid obviously. I don't think I've ever been challenged on the streets around Nashville. It could be that I don't notice, or it is because I didn't have a P MS, or could be that there aren't a lot of fast cars or drivers here (there are of course Detroit hotrod types, but not as many exotics). What are other experiences here? Perhaps I should wait and get my Plaid and see what happens too, and will answer my own question :)

I've now had a seventh person reach out to me about the fire news, and this is why people become annoyingly staunch Tesla defenders. Soon enough, it will come out that the dude wrecked/damaged that car, but that will appear on five blogs and the image of the first car burning is all people will remember. <sigh>
Here's something: what if the fire was started by someone who had a blank EDD and was anxious to get the car, so they decided to drum up some bad press to get people to cancel their orders, moving the arsonist up in line? Totally plausible, am I right? 😂

Some additional notes as I put miles on the car...

3) I had a heck of a time hitting N this morning for a special case. I couldn't seem to swipe carefully enough to stop at N. I went real slow from D to R and from R to D. I could see it select N, but would jump to D/R before I could stop it. Eventually (again, see above) I was able to use the controls below the device pad, but I don't know what actions brought them online.

4) Oddly enough, I seem to have more issues with sun glare on my face and on the screens. I adjusted my seat pretty high (and I am pretty tall), but I am using the sun visors more than I ever did in my P90D. The screens are a lost cause. The DIC isn't as inset and the MCU is just higher and more "out there". I guess glare is now a thing. :(

Since this is more of a delivery thread, I'll likely move post-delivery observations to another thread. Maybe an existing one or a new one.
Buy and install a glass or plastic matte screen protector on the main 17" UI screen; at least you'll have less glare on that screen anyway. That's my plan IF I'm having glare issues. Funny thing for me on all these new digital touch screens....I hate fingerprints so I got used to using a device stylus in the car and I'll likely keep doing so in my MS Plaid...whenever it arrives.

Reactions: JimLL