Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree. I think they were expecting the car to ship with v11 and when that was not happening, this only took the time and effort to back-port what was necessary to 10.2. BTW, I am 100% OK with this. I am glad to get my car sooner than later.

As much as it twists my panties to have an incomplete car, I too am glad to have it sooner than later. Now, just finish the job.

I can understand the decision to tie FSD license to the car vs the person--I don't think folks would be happy if FSD came with a perpetual, transferrable license. I do, however, think Tesla should allow a one-time transfer for folks that purchased FSD and have yet to see it come to fruition.
I’ll just add that the only reason I did fsd on this car was the fact that I got it for $8k instead of the current price, based on my plaid+ order being in sept and fsd being less expensive then.

I use the auto lane change and nav on autopilot and would be bummed to not have them, but I’m very much in the camp of people who miss “enhanced autopilot” as an option for $5k. I also don’t care if my car can drive me successfully drive me two miles to the office, I care that it does good lane keeping and tacc.

If it was $10k I would not have added it. My X is two years old and I’m not optimistic fsd will be meaningfully interesting on it before I sell it.

This doesn’t look like his Plaid, which is red. The one show in the photo with the Dragy is the MSM one run by Situation Plaid.

Attachments

• E5361537-60A7-4E6D-83A7-12FA326CF1F2.png
    E5361537-60A7-4E6D-83A7-12FA326CF1F2.png
    2 MB · Views: 138
Ugh. I dreamt last night I got a delivery date for July 16th which was "next week". Felt so real.
I had this same damn dream! Thought I received a flurry of three emails from Tesla with VIN assignment, final payment, and schedule delivery. I even started posting on this thread before waking back up to “July” 😢

While waiting for a car is manageable and there are still COVID/supply chain issues impacting all manufacturers, my issue isn’t so much that I’ve been waiting since September, it is that I received a call to convert from Plaid+ after the cancellation saying delivery will be within a couple weeks and I’d be on a high priority list.

Take as long as you need with the car, but don’t set all these expectations and constantly lie about what they actually mean (*cough* FSD *cough*). It’s the same as dealership ads with a vehicle price that says “1 available” below it in fine print. Doesn’t feel good at the dealership, doesn’t feel good at Tesla. Having had the experience, I’ll know not to trust Tesla in the future—but what will that mean for me as a repeat customer in 2-3 years; will I switch to Lucid? Or, will I order a 4680 MS/Roadster expecting a year long wait before delivery even if it says “Next Month.”

I bet a lot of us recommend Tesla’s to friends and family because they are the best product. Just as fast, we could be recommending a competitor when real alternatives actually exist (and I believe they will by the next time I buy a car).

I’ll just add that the only reason I did fsd on this car was the fact that I got it for $8k instead of the current price, based on my plaid+ order being in sept and fsd being less expensive then.

I use the auto lane change and nav on autopilot and would be bummed to not have them, but I’m very much in the camp of people who miss “enhanced autopilot” as an option for $5k. I also don’t care if my car can drive me successfully drive me two miles to the office, I care that it does good lane keeping and tacc.

If it was $10k I would not have added it. My X is two years old and I’m not optimistic fsd will be meaningfully interesting on it before I sell it.
I also got it because the current feature set is useful, but also, since I am planning on keeping the car 8 years, I figure somewhere in that timeframe, FSD will be feature complete. :)

OK, tests of Sport and Chill mode on the same strip of road I have been doing the the other runs. Also a graphic that shows all four runs side-by-sdie. BTW, "chill" mode feels like the car is broken--very unnatural 🤣

View attachment 681581View attachment 681582View attachment 681583
Thank you for doing this, as always! 😊

I have a baby who’s still getting used to cars and has terrible motion sickness. I am so thankful that Chill mode is as slow as it is. It means that I can give her rides in my car as well even if it drives slower. Any faster, I would be greeted with a fountain of vomit every time I step on the accelerator lol.

I'll have to visit my posts a
They knew they had squat and the videos did not represent anything they could even offer to a customer. That's not wishful thinking that's deception. No where did any Tesla anyone explain the FSD videos were just what they'd *like* FSD to eventually become (illustrative purposes only).

I'm sick of Tesla apologists trying to deceive everyone how badly Tesla lied about FSD and how they've continued those lies through 5 long years.
Que in before someone here tells you to take it or leave it bro🤣

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Since I still have no estimated delivery date, much less a vin, and it formerly was June 26-30 I thought I'd check this AM .July 5 , to find out when I could expect delivery were I to order today. It says "June" but specifies no year.
Again, what's strange is that we've now seen many MS Plaids delivered with CF interior trim. We've also seen some, okay not a lot, but some delivered with white seats. So, what's the deal at least with my type of configuration which has white ext, white interior with cf trim? Are they building these now or getting ready to go into production with these types of configurations for possible Aug deliveries? I wish our Tesla contacts (SA, SC Mgr, RM, etc) could at least tell us if our vehicle is "in production;" then, we would at least figure about 3- 4 weeks or so for delivery.

I had this same damn dream! Thought I received a flurry of three emails from Tesla with VIN assignment, final payment, and schedule delivery. I even started posting on this thread before waking back up to “July” 😢

While waiting for a car is manageable and there are still COVID/supply chain issues impacting all manufacturers, my issue isn’t so much that I’ve been waiting since September, it is that I received a call to convert from Plaid+ after the cancellation saying delivery will be within a couple weeks and I’d be on a high priority list.

Take as long as you need with the car, but don’t set all these expectations and constantly lie about what they actually mean (*cough* FSD *cough*). It’s the same as dealership ads with a vehicle price that says “1 available” below it in fine print. Doesn’t feel good at the dealership, doesn’t feel good at Tesla. Having had the experience, I’ll know not to trust Tesla in the future—but what will that mean for me as a repeat customer in 2-3 years; will I switch to Lucid? Or, will I order a 4680 MS/Roadster expecting a year long wait before delivery even if it says “Next Month.”

I bet a lot of us recommend Tesla’s to friends and family because they are the best product. Just as fast, we could be recommending a competitor when real alternatives actually exist (and I believe they will by the next time I buy a car).
I agree with your sentiment. Definitely switching if competition catches up but frankly I don't see it happen anytime soon. Tesla has the lead in everything so far and they know it. Sadly, too many idiots are encouraging and supportive of Tesla regardless of shady irresponsible behavior and will blatantly tell you to take it or leave so that's that 😒

Again, what's strange is that we've now seen many MS Plaids delivered with CF interior trim. We've also seen some, okay not a lot, but some delivered with white seats. So, what's the deal at least with my type of configuration which has white ext, white interior with cf trim? Are they building these now or getting ready to go into production with these types of configurations for possible Aug deliveries? I wish our Tesla contacts (SA, SC Mgr, RM, etc) could at least tell us if our vehicle is "in production;" then, we would at least figure about 3- 4 weeks or so for delivery.
It's for our own protection. They don't want to deliver a new Plaid to to only to find out that our building falls down and destroys the car.
If not I've no explanation that makes sense, especially when I succumbed to the downgrade offer in order to get early delivery in June!

Essentially this is what the subscription service will be. It will just likely cost more depending on how long you tend to keep a car.
It it will offer an option to people like me that want to try it out for a few months and see if I feel it is worth the 10k to purchase.

Bend over and take it or leave it bro 🤣😉🤣
Haha, you came here like yesterday compared with so many others. 😜 I joined TMC just after I ordered in Feb and as I mentioned before to you, we've been where you're at now in the anger stage of the grief cycle on your experience with Tesla. I'm not so much complaining as I am wondering again what's going on in the production process since we've seen many being delivered with CF and some being delivered with white seats. I am expecting Aug delivery (not Sept hope) and will be surprised and happy if my car comes at the end of this month but I'm not expecting that.

Last edited: