Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heck yeah brother!😎😎😁

@2021plaid , you stated it perfectly.

To summarize:
9.2 @ 152+ mph 1/4 mile
0-60: 2.07 s
0-100: 4.3 s
60-130~ 4.6 s
100-150~4.6 s
150-200~ TBD s
Instant torque
max power all the way to 200 mph (does not die off like LR)

NO OTHER PRODUCTION CAR CAN DO ALL THIS

From MotorMatchup:

2021 Tesla Model S Plaid 4DR AWD Hatchback
1' Rollout0.2 sec
60'1.5
330'3.94
⅛ mile5.96s @121.8mph
¼ mile9.18s @152.9mph
½ mile14.42s @187.4mph
0-60 mph*1.98 sec
0-100 mph4.3 sec
60-130 mph4.58 sec
100-150 mph4.6 sec
0-124 mph (200 kph)6.2 sec
0-186 mph (300 kph)14.26 sec

Last edited:
Alright folks, I have some interesting updates to share. After getting nowhere with the standard SA route, I activated my network and got some "insider" information. Here's what my contact told me:

1. Tesla has not produced any new S models with 19" in Q2 for "business reasons" (read, higher profit margin on the 21s to close the books as strongly as possible).

2. Red paint has been produced in small percentages relative to other colors, but carbon fiber is in very short supply (I think we already knew this, but still good to hear it confirmed).

3. Until you have a VIN assigned, don't pay any attention to the estimated dates on your account page, it really doesn't mean much. Getting a VIN assigned is much more likely to come with a narrow set of dates (e.g. 17-19 July) by which there's a much higher likelihood of sticking.

4. There is a production planning meeting happening tomorrow, so I'll hopefully have more information to share on Friday as to the status of my order, which is being "prioritized" (whatever this means).

That last one was interesting, and it sounds like SAs across the US are not kept abreast of the outcome of such meetings. My contact should be able to share some of the details late tomorrow.

cc @Drew-MS @2021plaid etc.
1, 2, and 3 all are spot on based on my own experience.
My 3 day window for delivery has moved every day since jun30, now stands at jul7-jul10. Fingers remain crossed.

Absolutely true for most people. However, there is a certain group of people, to name a few: @AMGF, @TorqueMonster, @Drew-MS, @Aleks0404, etc..., that do give a crap about 'all that'. These members aren't buying the Plaid because it's 'the best of the best' or something like that; instead, they see the value of the marvel of engineering that is the Plaid Model S. I truly believe that the Plaid will be remembered as the car that changed the direction of the auto-industry with its advancements in motor technology. That alone makes it unique, along with the fact that it's the EV that finally smacks down ICE with its superior power curve. Now EVs can make both instant power and torque, AND keep that power up to top speed, w/o having any power loss due to a transmission! Nothing that an ICE can do can even come close! Yes, it's quite a bit more expensive than a LR, but look what we are talking about here: we're talking about a car that is literally hypercar-beating, for 1/10 of the hypercar price! This is a monumental step in EVs, people, and we will remember it!😎

(Nothing at all against the LR BTW, as I find it both amazing and awesome that the 'base' Model S has gotten this powerful, and this fast.)
Totally agree, and for most of us here, I don't think $50k would break the bank. However, I think it heavily depends on whether the person places much values in "all that" extra stuff. To some people, it's definitely a tremendous values; it's such a huge jump forward, and for those people, the $50k extra is definitely worth it for them. For some, it really doesn't matter to them as they would probably never use the extra stuff past the honeymoon period. I'm one of the latter group of people, I just don't think I'll take advantage of the extra stuff and would rather keep the $50k in my bank account :)
With that said, I'm so happy to see many people who enjoy their Plaids and LRs and still can't wait to get mine, whenever that is...

Totally agree, and for most of us here, I don't think $50k would break the bank. However, I think it heavily depends on whether the person places much values in "all that" extra stuff. To some people, it's definitely a tremendous values; it's such a huge jump forward, and for those people, the $50k extra is definitely worth it for them. For some, it really doesn't matter to them as they would probably never use the extra stuff past the honeymoon period. I'm one of the latter group of people, I just don't think I'll take advantage of the extra stuff and would rather keep the $50k in my bank account :)
With that said, I'm so happy to see many people who enjoy their Plaids and LRs and still can't wait to get mine, whenever that is...
Beautifully said, my friend.👍🙂

Just looking at the numbers game over guys. 🚀🤩
Here is my best 1/4 mile run with the Performance S. The plaid will be 20 car length quicker lmao. Can you guy see the video?

Last edited: