Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a fresh IGTV video from DragTimes. Astonishing non-cheetah 0-60 of 2.28 ans 2.19 seconds:
Once again beating MT's test results. They said 2.45 with no Drag Mode, or 1ft rollout just Plaid Mode. Using the standard 0.2 seconds, this run ran 2.39 seconds w/o 1ft-rollout.

Here is a fresh IGTV video from DragTimes. Astonishing non-cheetah 0-60 of 2.28 ans 2.19 seconds:

Even more astonishing is 79% SOC. And the pure destruction to that poor GTR.

Brooks "This car is unbelievable"

Absolutely true for most people. However, there is a certain group of people, to name a few: @AMGF, @TorqueMonster, @Drew-MS, @Aleks0404, etc..., that do give a crap about 'all that'. These members aren't buying the Plaid because it's 'the best of the best' or something like that; instead, they see the value of the marvel of engineering that is the Plaid Model S. I truly believe that the Plaid will be remembered as the car that changed the direction of the auto-industry with its advancements in motor technology. That alone makes it unique, along with the fact that it's the EV that finally smacks down ICE with its superior power curve. Now EVs can make both instant power and torque, AND keep that power up to top speed, w/o having any power loss due to a transmission! Nothing that an ICE can do can even come close! Yes, it's quite a bit more expensive than a LR, but look at what we are talking about here: we're talking about a car that is literally hypercar-beating, for 1/10 of the hypercar price! This is a monumental step in EVs people, and we will remember it!😎

(Nothing at all against the LR BTW, as I find it both amazing and awesome that the 'base' Model S has gotten this powerful, and this fast.)
I had a big windfall and I wanted a really fast, fun car. The C8 was backordered and dealers wanted 30k over MSRP so I looked at the model S, and for that price I could get a lot more performance. And here we are.

Just got a random call from my SA to "touch base" and let me know I'm "in the home stretch" and the only thing that remains is to wait for a VIN to be assigned which should be "soon". He said my car would be delivered this quarter, so "by September". I appreciated the call but it was basically to give me a bunch of non information and no answers to any of my questions about the delay. I asked why another local guy took delivery in June from an order placed in June and why mine doesn't even have an estimated delivery date from an order way back in Nov (RN1141). He had no answer. Very frustrating... especially when I thought the random call from him was going to be good news about delivery date. The waiting continues....

Very similar situation for me. My SA is a nice young man but he leaves me a VM to call him, and he emailed me so I emailed back saying I would call…missed him, so I emailed back asking if we could just see what he needed to discuss via email. 🤦🏽‍♂️ I don’t want to make him mad before I get my car so he doesn’t bump me back in line, lol. Like unless you have a VIN for me, I know you don’t have any real information.

By the by, gave Tesla a quick call, and asked about how it states carbon fiber interior is September, but my account states July. Was told that they get this call alllllll the time, and that July is just thrown out there randomly by the system, and to go by the site when buying - i.e. September.

I don't wanna wait that long. HAAAALP!
I'm hoping this is for new(ish) orders. There have been CF deliveries. Hope is not a strategy though.

I know many ppl still ask about soc but I thought with the new, denser battery technology, the soc really doesn't matter any more? Seems like other new MS Plaid owners and even Randy Pobst & MT have all said that with the new battery technology and s/w, the refresh MS pulls just as strong at 30% soc as it does at 100% (and they all have the data numbers to back that up). What am I missing here? 🤔
Probably, but if we're chasing tenths of a second here, maybe it matters a bit.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Here's the 'slow' launch. Note the IR illuminators for the interior camera.
I experienced a slow cheetah stance launch in the LR today. Most of my runs have been in the low 3’s, but I had one launch today that just felt really slow. I looked down at the Dragy results and couldn’t believe my eyes.

78C8F116-350A-429F-ACAB-27A8979C431D.jpeg

Have there been any tests done on the real range for the LR vs Plaid? I know Tesla exaggerates range a lot, using unrealistic conditions
I wouldn’t say they exaggerate using unrealistic conditions. I generally got 85-90% of the range with highway driving, averaging 75-80mph. On certain routes where traffic required 65, 100% wasn’t unusual. That was with my 2015 P85D. I haven’t seen reports from the current car, but if range was exaggerated a lot, people would be complaining. It’s not like we are a shy bunch 😉

I find it interesting the interest people have in why others choose as they do. We are all different. I would not pretend to know why one person would pick a Plaid while another picked LR unless they told me. Some have posted that it is a value consideration while others are interested in here to now not available performance/tech. All make perfect sense but why all the speculation on people's motivations?

I wouldn’t say they exaggerate using unrealistic conditions. I generally got 85-90% of the range with highway driving, averaging 75-80mph. On certain routes where traffic required 65, 100% wasn’t unusual. That was with my 2015 P85D. I haven’t seen reports from the current car, but if range was exaggerated a lot, people would be complaining. It’s not like we are a shy bunch 😉
My MYP gets 40 miles less than the EPA est so I'm a little concerned i'll only get ~350 in the Plaid