Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I now have this irrational fear of receiving a call today that my car didn't arrive as planned so delivery has to be moved to Wednesday. That would suck if it comes true. I need to find something to totally employ all my brain cells at work today, instead of the 50% I usually use (jk). Tomorrow at 9am can't come soon enough. I do have a mostly unique aspect to preparing for my "big day"...and that is, trying to decide what to wear! I think most TMC posters are dudes so probably wasn't a factor?

I now have this irrational fear of receiving a call today that my car didn't arrive as planned so delivery has to be moved to Wednesday. That would suck if it comes true. I need to find something to totally employ all my brain cells at work today, instead of the 50% I usually use (jk). Tomorrow at 9am can't come soon enough. I do have a mostly unique aspect to preparing for my "big day"...and that is, trying to decide what to wear! I think most TMC posters are dudes so probably wasn't a factor?

Well some of us dudes brought a change of clothes just in case lol

from my Samsung galaxy s3

Well some of us dudes brought a change of clothes just in case lol

from my Samsung galaxy s3

Reminds me of a joke my son recently told me:

Captain of a warship gets the report "Enemy ship on the horizon, sir!" He orders his assistant, "Bring me my red shirt!". The battle goes well and afterwards, his officers ask why he wore the red shirt. He replied "If I were shot, the crew would not notice the bleeding and become discouraged". The next day, lookout reports "20 enemy ships on the horizon, sir!". Captain orders his assistant "Bring me my brown pants!"

Sorry for the off-topic - good luck with the wait!

Reminds me of a joke my son recently told me:

Captain of a warship gets the report "Enemy ship on the horizon, sir!" He orders his assistant, "Bring me my red shirt!". The battle goes well and afterwards, his officers ask why he wore the red shirt. He replied "If I were shot, the crew would not notice the bleeding and become discouraged". The next day, lookout reports "20 enemy ships on the horizon, sir!". Captain orders his assistant "Bring me my brown pants!"

Sorry for the off-topic - good luck with the wait!

Thanks for the laugh! Forget water boarding, the day before you pick up your tesla is TORTURE. At this point I'd be giving up whatever secrets I was keeping, if I had any

Sorry for those who are seeing this posted in multiple places, but intense excitement, along with a need to pass time, compel me to repeat it here. Got e-mail today that car is at service center, ready for delivery! So excited. First available time for delivery is Thursday. I shouldn't complain, of course, since my wait time will be 49 days - not too shabby!

At least you didn't have to pay anything for supercharger access. I doubt Tesla is planning to roll out any superchargers on Oahu any time soon.

Data point: My car was just delivered last night at the SC here on Oahu. Deposit placed Feb 2011. Finalized Aug 2012. Refinalized Feb 6, 2013: 60 | silver | pano | tan+om | tech | air | sound | sc early adopter

First impressions: Incredible car! I sat in the rear seat of a car with the hard top at the SC during my pick up and my head hit the roof. (I'm 5'10 with a long torso.) Confirmed my decision to get the pano.

If I had a redo at this point I'd skip all options except the pano and silver paint. Now that I have a production car in my possession I see that the basic car is so tremendous by itself that the options I added in refinalizing are just not worth the extra money to a guy like me. Admittedly then some amount of buyer's remorse re options--but not the car itself!

My boss picked up his Silver 60 kWh Model S today at the Seattle service center (I got to come too). They had around 20 in their warehouse waiting to be delivered and said that they've delivered over 700 in the greater Seattle area so far.

Took delivery today. The car is more than I imagined. 4 months and 1 week waiting. The last 2 nights were the hardest.

Congrats! the car is amazing isn't it? though my black car gets dirty very quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone should have one of these! Today was pure awesomeness. Better than I ever imagined. I just might sleep in the back tonight.

Congrats again!

Scaesare: I finalized on 4/15 and haven't heard a thing yet. Mine's an 85 also. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow. I'm anxious to get this thing rolling!

I'd definitely call. Perhaps it's a batching thing for some other option one of us isn't getting?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol... That's my delivery window also. Reserved 9/11/2011. :)

Maybe I'll see you at the SC! :)

- - - Updated - - -

On interesting development in all of this.... I got two emails from Tesla yesterday: 1) My MVPA to sign, and 2) A "Calculate and Pay" link that took me to my "My Tesla" page where there was a "Pay" button yesterday.

Clicking that button allowed me to plug in my financing numbers, and then initiate final payment to submit. I looked around at it yesterday, but wasn't ready to pay quite yet.

As of today, my "Pay" button is gone. I wonder if that's because I poked around yesterday for some reason (seems odd that it would have been a 1-time-only thing if I hadn't completed payment), or if Tesla got ahead of themselves and realized they don't have my completed MVPA yet.

I've emailed my DS to see what's up.

Dream is becoming reality!!!

Delivery button appeared this morning!!! :biggrin:

Delivery 5/31 - 6/14

85Kwh | Black | Black Leather | Lacewood | Tech Pkg | Panoramic Roof | Air Suspension | 19" Wheels | Parcel Shelf | Paint Armor |Twin Chargers | HPWC |
Reserved:
4/7/13 | Sent to Factory: 4/19/13 | Delivery Button/Email: 5/8/13 | Delivery Estimate: 5/31/13 - 6/14/13 |