Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time has come at last to announce my retirement from the Tesla Delivery Sequencing tracking project in about a week. As I expected, once I received my VIN, I figured it was time to hang up my spreadsheet. My predecessor and I gathered quite a bit of data here.

Some highlights:
- Washington State may actually have more Model Ss per capita than California (see "States" tab)
- Of 850 or so deliveries noted, nobody has reported receiving a Model S in IA or MS. (see "States" tab)
- Since Jan 2013, Red and Blue have been the most popular colors reported (see "Config" tab)
- Since Jan 2013, about 1/3 of Model Ss had the 60kWhr battery option (see "Config" tab)
- Since mid-Feb, Tesla is building about 60 cars/day (see "Firm" tab)
- The end of quarter "surge" is very apparent! (See "Firm" tab)

If you would like to fill in a hole in the spreadsheet, either PM me or post your info on one of the delivery links.

Updated Delivery Spreadsheet

Time has come at last to announce my retirement from the Tesla Delivery Sequencing tracking project in about a week. As I expected, once I received my VIN, I figured it was time to hang up my spreadsheet. My predecessor and I gathered quite a bit of data here.

Some highlights:
- Washington State may actually have more Model Ss per capita than California (see "States" tab)
- Of 850 or so deliveries noted, nobody has reported receiving a Model S in IA or MS. (see "States" tab)
- Since Jan 2013, Red and Blue have been the most popular colors reported (see "Config" tab)
- Since Jan 2013, about 1/3 of Model Ss had the 60kWhr battery option (see "Config" tab)
- Since mid-Feb, Tesla is building about 60 cars/day (see "Firm" tab)
- The end of quarter "surge" is very apparent! (See "Firm" tab)

If you would like to fill in a hole in the spreadsheet, either PM me or post your info on one of the delivery links.

Updated Delivery Spreadsheet

Thanks to Tim & Doug for their work on the delivery spreadsheets…with the number of cars being delivered now it is too much for a few of us to update (in the beginning Tim tried to keep the google doc open but users kept messing up the formatting and it had to be locked and manually managed). Hence, the Wiki post 2, where the spreadsheet was located, has been changed to focus on VINs and as usual a brief description of the owner’s delivery details. The highest VIN reported & delivery experience poll are still on post #2 (for those who want to rate their Tesla Delivery experience or want to update the VIN Wiki).

Thanks to all owners who have made this thread a daily must read with over 800,000 page views ! ! !:love:

IMG_4771.JPG

Picked up our amazing new ride yesterday from the brand new service center in Torrance. Here's a picture of our DS Matt posing for the camera. Torrance is having a "soft" opening - they are delivering cars from here now - about eight cars in the back all to be delivered by Matt this weekend.

Matt really helped us out. Our BMW caught a screw in the right rear tire and Matt assisted us in putting on the spare and getting it to the right psi - it's a 13 year old spare tire and had lost some air. Matt is awesome!!

Data point: My car was just delivered last night at the SC here on Oahu. Deposit placed Feb 2011. Finalized Aug 2012. Refinalized Feb 6, 2013: 60 | silver | pano | tan+om | tech | air | sound | sc early adopter

First impressions: Incredible car! I sat in the rear seat of a car with the hard top at the SC during my pick up and my head hit the roof. (I'm 5'10 with a long torso.) Confirmed my decision to get the pano.

If I had a redo at this point I'd skip all options except the pano and silver paint. Now that I have a production car in my possession I see that the basic car is so tremendous by itself that the options I added in refinalizing are just not worth the extra money to a guy like me. Admittedly then some amount of buyer's remorse re options--but not the car itself!