Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
USAA, if you can get it, always seems like the best bet.

As for that insane price, its time to spin off the 18 year olds into their own policy and no family car privleges. Especially on a performance car, that is murder on your rates. Its like the internet stories of "kids" trying to buy a used Corvette and getting insurance rates that are multiples of what the car cost...
Yes, I just got a USAA quote and it was only marginally better. The Model S LR VIN comes up as a 2021 Model S Performance. I guess Tesla no longer makes a Model S that isn't classified as a Performance car.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And it is only you that he (@yamanote) has down voted in 5 years. Maybe he has met you in person? 🤣
Perhaps he just got off his meds and he's little cuckoo's right now? o_O 🤪 Don't know, don't care but again, if I gave you a thumbs-down on every single post you did, you would be like "dude, wtf?" 🤔 Never met any of you folks in person but based on what I've seen here, I would be willing to meet 99.9% of any of you and I'm sure we would all get along just fine. Always a few bad apples in the bunch though.

Or USAA cannot figure out how to give you a proper quote. I’m betting that is the actual issue.
If you look at the VIN decoder, it classifies the Motor/ Drive Unit as P2. This appears to reference Performance Motors and that is how Insurance companies are rating this car.

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 5.10.38 PM.png

If you look at the VIN decoder, it classifies the Motor/ Drive Unit as P2. This appears to reference Performance Motors and that is how Insurance companies are rating this car.

View attachment 683585

P2 is the code name for the Palladium version of this refresh. If they are using to classify as "Performance" version, then it is incorrect.

• Helpful
P2 is the code name for the Palladium version of this refresh. If they are using to classify as "Performance" version, then it is incorrect.
Why would Palladium be used to classify drive units? I would think there is no correlation there.

I must be getting inaccurate quotes from my insurance companies. Who do you have your LR insurance through? Did they classify your LR appropriately?

Why would Palladium be used to classify drive units? I would think there is no correlation there.

I must be getting inaccurate quotes from my insurance companies. Who do you have your LR insurance through? Did they classify your LR appropriately?

Palladium is the vehicle generation name. P2 is the code name used (regardless of LR or Plaid).

I cannot speak to your rates and if good or accurate.

I will check my rates tomorrow - I had someone at my office do it for me. I know it went down from the Rover.

You know my VIN and License, plus you could follow me home and get my address, but yet you think posting your VIN/License on website gives more useful info? Please enlighten me on how this is used.
I don’t know your VIN and license. Please share them if you’re so sure no one can do anything with it.

That's it? Walk to the front of any car, look at drivers side front windshield, write down VIN, Walk to back and write down License # there you go, your in the $$$
This isn’t that hard to understand. Getting a random VIN and license from a parking lot is pointless. However, if a crazed lunatic who had a problem with your posts could tie you to your VIN and license number, they may be able to make something of that.

Of course, I’m only being creepy for the sake of argument here, but I guess you’re sufficiently weirded out that you won’t post any personal info about yourself. 😂 You’re welcome.

LR white/white 19" ordered mid-May, currently September EDD, but was blank for most of June.
Ditto. Had September - October, then blank, then seems to be rock solid at September, which I sort of believe. 19” wheel delays, plus increased production, has me believe September versus august, and 9/30 is EOQ…fingers crossed early September.