Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow I never even thought to use Waze in the browser..
Game changer.
still not as seamless/functional as CarPlay, but definitely a huge help. In the pre-refresh models, Waze would crash the system often. Nav + Waze + Spotify + autopilot as an example - frequent crashes leading to system reboots while driving. So far so good on the refresh.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! VIN SECURED!

Attachments

• 88E50A65-B93C-4700-B6EC-187B250B2705.jpeg
    88E50A65-B93C-4700-B6EC-187B250B2705.jpeg
    384.8 KB · Views: 68
In your case, the issue is the 19" wheels. As everyone here can attest, there is no evidence any have been delivered, and they are "supposed" to start in August at the earliest (certainly for Plaid). I have had a hard time reaching my SA, but I eventually get through by calling a few times throughout the day; sometimes I get an email response, sometimes not. My SA is Cole and I've also spoken with Tony, the sales manager (I'd avoid April there; she has been wrong about everything she has ever told me). Cole's email is [email protected]. Always, CC: [email protected]. Phone is 760-321-0821, Option 3 for Sales. You can also call order support in Fremont at 510-249-3100 if you can't reach anyone locally. They can look at your RN record and see what it says.
Thank you for sharing the phone numbers. I spoke with someone at Fremont and basically am told to sit tight and that there is no hope especially if you have a blank delivery date. Gave me the same generic response of, "Once the VIN is signed we will contact you...." until then **** off lol

This is a confusing post. I wasn't talking about properly policed forums. I was talking about overly-policed forums creating a forced, dishonest sense of positivity.

This would be like me saying child abuse is wrong, and then you take umbrage because your children are not abused...
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was replying to the post where you said:

"Congrats on your first first internet forum. You do realize that all of the "polite" forums are simply overly policed by moderators. It gives a false sense of pleasantry, but it is also the most dishonest experience you can ever find."

It sounded like you were throwing the baby out with the bath water there.

Thank you for sharing the phone numbers. I spoke with someone at Fremont and basically am told to sit tight and that there is no hope especially if you have a blank delivery date. Gave me the same generic response of, "Once the VIN is signed we will contact you...." until then **** off lol
Yeah, 19" wheels are purgatory. Once those start shipping, more information should start becoming available.

There are an awful lot of reasons to buy a Tesla but I'm not convinced the purchase experience is one of them.
Crazy part - when I set up to test drive the Model 3 in April, I got a few emails from Tesla - basically, I thought they were starting to hound me a little. I had EIGHT emails from them prior to the test drive, and I'm not sure how many texts. Then I tried it (and the Y) and yeah, I saw what the buzz was all about. Then pretty much radio silence. Ordered the MSLR. Confirmation. And radio silence.

They sure were friendly before I came for the test drive. A quick "thanks, how was" after. Then essentially a receipt after I ordered.

This was like that Benny Hill sketch, where the slim gal kept turning down food, watching her figure, etc. - and on their wedding day she kept chowing down on everything in site, her dress was exploding, and Benny Hill turned to the camera like, "WTF?"

[edit - i had the sketch linked, but then it was some foreign thing instead] - the google search is "benny hill girl won't eat before wedding" but I think it's called the hungry bride. i think this is good:

And that sir, is how I describe my experience with Tesla so far. Just with less calories.

Last edited:
Ooooof. Engage the rage for anyone with a sub-1152 reservation 😳

Additionally, congratulations!
He has MSM and Black interior. Probably the most manufactured color config for Plaid. At this point I really want to see someone with Red/Blue/White Exterior and White interior get a VIN and post here and to top it off someone with 19" would be even better but I know that is not happening any time soon

It is a crazy process. 2/8 order and I just can’t wrap my head around how they can deliver cars out of order like that. What I the point in giving an order if you as an organization are not going to follow that order. I get regionally it is going to be a little different as product becomes available but this is freaking crazy. I don’t even care I would switch to the 21s if it meant I could get this car sooner but the people in Princeton told me not to switch.
Def need a drink over this process

All of us in NJ should meet up and have a drink.

Tesla’s way of punishing those of us with 19s who didn’t upgrade to 21s.
That would be awesome 👍🍻

Crazy part - when I set up to test drive the Model 3 in April, I got a few emails from Tesla - basically, I thought they were starting to hound me a little. I had EIGHT emails from them prior to the test drive, and I'm not sure how many texts. Then I tried it (and the Y) and yeah, I saw what the buzz was all about. Then pretty much radio silence. Ordered the MSLR. Confirmation. And radio silence.

They sure were friendly before I came for the test drive. A quick "thanks, how was" after. Then essentially a receipt after I ordered.

This was like that Benny Hill sketch, where the slim gal kept turning down food, watching her figure, etc. - and on their wedding day she kept chowing down on everything in site, her dress was exploding, and Benny Hill turned to the camera like, "WTF?"

And that sir, is how I describe my experience with Tesla so far. Just with less calories.
Yup!!!

I remember when I set up my test drive a few months ago...couldn't seem to go a few hours without someone contacting me.