Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
80 AMPS ALL THE WAY TO 90% CHARGE EVERY DAY.

FIGHT ME.
OK…. WHY, do you drive so much you need that much juice every day? Is it so low at night to have to push 80amps to get it charged by the time you leave in the morning. These batteries and happiest between 20-80%, no doubting that. I let it go down to 30% and then plug it in and get it up to 70-80%. I also set it to 30amps because there is no rush. I charge up to 95- 100% just before I leave for a trip and I have no concerns about superchargeing up to 80%. I just don’t understand why someone would charge at higher rates that what you need to leave in the morning. My old M-5 could drive on the freeway in 3rd gear at 6000rpm but why would you do it, shift up and let it run at 2,500rpm. Take it easy on your equipment and it will take it easy on you.

Probably extremely rare but bizarre regardless.
Service guy assured me of the urgency to them and the Fremont Engineering team to get this resolved as quickly as possible. I am sure they are also trying to figure out what the issue was. I am sure they want to make sure this is a 1 in 1,000,000 instance while they are ramping up production.

Them replacing the battery on a new car isn’t cheap.

Service guy assured me of the urgency to them and the Fremont Engineering team to get this resolved as quickly as possible. I am sure they are also trying to figure out what the issue was. I am sure they want to make sure this is a 1 in 1,000,000 instance while they are ramping up production.

Them replacing the battery on a new car isn’t cheap.
How did you know there was an issue? Did the car just die ?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You can go to waze.com and then click live map. From there you can get directions
Thanks! I've never futzed with the browser in the M3 (my wife's comment about using Waze on it was, "Yeah, if you can get the browser to work...") so if they've improved the browser experience and Waze will now be viable on the new S, that's great.

Few people who got VINs had EDD updated to August but eventually changed to a specific date range in July. Wait for a few hours or a day and you will probably see an EDD in July. That's my educated guess based on the experiences of others who received VINs.
Also, try not to transfer funds early as there's a chance, though unlikely, that the VIN might go away (due to the car having a defect during inspection say) and your delivery might be delayed. Of course, speak to your delivery center/SA to get info on where the car currently is and when it can be expected to be delivered. Good luck!
So @Vijet was correct. I only had to wait a few hours for a more specific delivery window. But there's a catch...

A Tesla Tale in two texts...

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 11.55.42 AM.png

Only a poor choice if one does not want to spend more money. Maybe most of us don't care much. I have a Tesla plug but attached to a generic old Bosch wall unit. I suppose I see no reason to spend more money.
That is a poor choice unless there is a need for quick charging at home. I have had a 30/208 connection for the last six years, that actually delivers 200/15 or so, typically. That still will deliver a full charge overnight. nearly everyone spends at least ten hours at home at night. Lesser amperage will always be enough if that is true. A 14-50 will save a ton of money and deliver all you'll probably need.
I disagree with this advice. I think it really depends on the electricity rates you pay and whether you have Time of Use rates to deal with. Here in San Diego, I have an EV TOU plan where I only pay $.09 per kWh from midnight to 6:00 am. This only gives me 6 hours per night to charge at this reduced rate. If I charge from 4:00-9:00 pm I pay an absolutely ridiculous $.56 per kWh and $.31 at all other times. Therefore, charging at 48 Amps is essential for me to be able to fully charge the car in the 6 hour time period. The added cost of a wall connector quickly pays for itself with the money I save on charging.

81AA24BC-1E0A-4D5D-A875-40A85DDBC547.jpeg

Last edited:
So I have the legacy Arachnids on my current MS. Was hoping to swap rims when the Plaid arrived since I like the look of the older Arachnids better. Wondering now if they'll fit. Website says the legacy arachnids are for 2012-2020 so I'm guessing not.

Still wouldn't want the new arachnids since the tires and wheels necessary to achieve the stated top speed won't be available until Fall and would plan on getting those. Not that I plan on going 200mph regularly, but a trip out to the salt flats would be epic.

My order still says July estimate even with the 19" and white seats and carbon interior...not too inclined to believe it though.

So I have the legacy Arachnids on my current MS. Was hoping to swap rims when the Plaid arrived since I like the look of the older Arachnids better. Wondering now if they'll fit. Website says the legacy arachnids are for 2012-2020 so I'm guessing not.

Still wouldn't want the new arachnids since the tires and wheels necessary to achieve the stated top speed won't be available until Fall and would plan on getting those. Not that I plan on going 200mph regularly, but a trip out to the salt flats would be epic.

My order still says July estimate even with the 19" and white seats and carbon interior...not too inclined to believe it though.
Well that was quick...while typing that up I had the question out to my SA if they'd fit. He reached out to service and they said it would likely not fit due to a different offset.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

The "old" arachnids will fit. Will just be a bit narrower than the new arachnids and the rears of yours will sit inward 5mm more. But bolt pattern and bore size is the same from all that I've read.

Well that was quick...while typing that up I had the question out to my SA if they'd fit. He reached out to service and they said it would likely not fit due to a different offset.
Front offset is same 40et
Rear is now 45et.

A quality 5mm hubcentric spacer for the rears will be safe and have your old arachnids with exact same fitment as new arachnids.