Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really liked the feel and quality of these mats.
D95369AE-4CDE-4562-8625-7B9FF1295638.jpeg

D49A5CA4-1690-4055-8C0B-952A0B3112E8.jpeg

I just made an appointment to get my windows tinted, and found out 70% is the limit in California. How does this look? I would imagine it’s highly transparent and similar to regular glass. Do you guys think it’s worth spending the money at all?
70% VLT is very close to transparent (to me, visually). I got 70 on my windshield and it looks imperceptible to my naked eye (I got 20% on all other windows).

CO has a much lower limit (27% VLT), but I personally wouldn't get tint on the sides at 70, unless you are doing it for other reasons (thermal blocking, etc). Lots of folks on here in CA that have gone darker though and haven't had issues.

I just made an appointment to get my windows tinted, and found out 70% is the limit in California. How does this look? I would imagine it’s highly transparent and similar to regular glass. Do you guys think it’s worth spending the money at all?
So, a couple of things:
  • 70% does to provide much light reduction, but does meaningfully cut down on UV and IR
  • The 70% requirement is only for the front windows, you can go as dark as you want on the rear windows
I just did 55% all around, which provided decent light reduction but is light enough that hopefully I would not get in trouble, especially with the white interior

I ordered a Model Y Long Range. Its EDD is October too. If the Y comes in first, I don’t know what I’ll do with the S order. I like luxury and a smooth ride, but I also value easy ingress/egress. Do you think I should order the MX too as a compromise? A new MX order has an EDD of Jan/Feb 2022. I did enjoy my prior MX.

Any suggestions?
Just order a 3 while you are at it.

70% is almost transparent and not easily perceptible to the naked eye. You could go 70% and ceramic for added protection.
Btw, I am in CA too and have always had 30% or darker with no issues. My Audi A5 had 20% and I got several compliments from cops telling me how good the car looked.

Not an ageist. You started with the millennial jabs at me, I’m just pointing out your handicaps that could simply be caused by your old age. It’s okay buddy we still like you. No one is going to judge you for wearing depends to protect your Tesla seats.

God, I want to keep this going so bad, but I'm getting bored. 😂

Someone else wanna tell him?

Bro, I'm just pulling your chain. I don't know why you got so offended. 😭

I'm probably younger than you are 😂
Damn. Where is @Hayseed_MS

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The boss is on the fence. $4500 and range reduction is slightly more important than the wait. But she is sliding slowly toward the 21s.
Do not forget the extra $5K from the price increase. Now $9,500. And there’s no guarantee that you will get your car any faster. Plenty of people are now bitching about upgrading and not getting their car.

Last edited: