Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha if I could double like I would. I had to mute that dude long ago going though this almost same thing lmao.
Someone complaining about Tesla’s sugar service offended you to block them on an Internet forum? 😅😅

@Tigers I’m not offended but if you think you’re going to take a jab and not get one back, naaaaaaaaa 😅😅

Someone complaining about Tesla’s sugar service offended you to block them on an Internet forum? 😅😅

@Tigers I’m not offended but if you think you’re going to take a jab and not get one back, naaaaaaaaa 😅😅

Have you argued with @sflgator yet?

I'm sure it will be inevitable. 😂😂😂

Mad respect for @sflgator though, he writes paragraphs, not just a sentence here or there. Plus, he's an OG long hauler and has seen pain and misery like *most* of us. 😂

The only good thing that came out of Tesla BSing a June delivery when I ordered in May, is that I got it for 10k less than now.
But if I knew, prob, September, then I may have passed as the value of my Model 3 trade-in may drop by then. That was a driving factor.

But since I’m saving 10k by waiting, I can’t complain too much. (Gen Xer in me).
Gen X isn't young anymore lol. Then again I'm a cusper. I guess if you're towards the end of Gen X maybe still young.

But hey. Gen Xers are definitely impatient. Most of the Gen X all they remember is internet and getting things when they wanted. No I'm not talking Amazon, knowledge. I had to go to the library and didn't have a cell phone till college, but I'm still technically Gen X

I feel like Prodigy made me patient. Ha

Gotta knowwwww, how's the FSD? Is it active? I've ordered it on my MSLR 19" Blk/Blk blah blah etc etc 3Feb21
I'm such a noob - I don't know if I'm the right person to ask! As a first-timer, not sure what's new/FSD vs previously available, but these are the features I'm enjoying:
  • Lane-changing. This may freak some folks out, but here in SoCal freeways, I have really liked the lane-change assist. I feel more confident with the way the car accelerates and easily moves into the next lane.
  • Navigation on freeway. Not sure if it saved time and have only used it twice, but it recommended when to go to a faster lane when my exit was far away. Still need to spend more time on that and see what it's like.
  • Autosteer and traffic lights in city streets. I take a pretty direct route to work on surface streets and it's working quite well. Keeps me from speeding!

Have you argued with @sflgator yet?

I'm sure it will be inevitable. 😂😂😂

Mad respect for @sflgator though, he writes paragraphs, not just a sentence here or there. Plus, he's an OG long hauler and has seen pain and misery like *most* of us. 😂
Lmao. sflgator I had to mute too. You're getting all the good ones!

I'm thinking of either keeping stock 19" rims for winter tires and aftermarket 20" for summer (but that means having to get rid of original tires), or finding workable rims and tires for winter. Lots of deep snow where I drive so looking for an appropriate solution. I do my my own wheel swaps as well, made easy with the motorized hoist I put together.
This looks familiar, the hoist is nice.

Attachments

• 8913BFDC-EC63-4FD7-A57B-3B315A0B7683.jpeg
    8913BFDC-EC63-4FD7-A57B-3B315A0B7683.jpeg
    656.1 KB · Views: 55
I ordered a Model Y Long Range. Its EDD is October too. If the Y comes in first, I don’t know what I’ll do with the S order. I like luxury and a smooth ride, but I also value easy ingress/egress. Do you think I should order the MX too as a compromise? A new MX order has an EDD of Jan/Feb 2022. I did enjoy my prior MX.

Any suggestions?
If they added air suspension to the Y this would be an easy answer. I liked the utility, price point, and higher driving position in the Y but ulitimately could not stand the harsh ride.

If they added air suspension to the Y this would be an easy answer. I liked the utility, price point, and higher driving position in the Y but ulitimately could not stand the harsh ride.
I ordered the standard unattractive wheel/tire combo hoping this would help the ride. I wish it had the air suspension too, or better tuning.

I had a S550 prior to the 2016 Model X, and I really missed its ride and comfort.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I ordered the standard unattractive wheel/tire combo hoping this would help the ride. I wish it had the air suspension too, or better tuning.

I had a S550 prior to the 2016 Model X, and I really missed its ride and comfort.
Yeah I specifically won't get a 3/Y because the ride isn't as comfy and having the raise functionality has actually benefited me a lot.

At about the time I wrote this post (Wiki - Model S Delivery Update) I cried to my SA about how I no longer have my primary car to drive and here's his response

"I’ve been checking our system almost everyday in hopes of finding a more specific time frame for your vehicle. Our factory scheduling team politely confirms you are on the priority list each time I reach out to them.
They are working as quickly as humanly possible to provide your and other Plaid+ customer’s their vehicle.
Your patience greatly appreciated."

Hopefully what he says is true and the Plaid+ converts will get our cars soon 🤞🏻
Haha! I won’t dare get my hopes up from this lol. Pour some sugar on me.

Gen X isn't young anymore lol. Then again I'm a cusper. I guess if you're towards the end of Gen X maybe still young.

But hey. Gen Xers are definitely impatient. Most of the Gen X all they remember is internet and getting things when they wanted. No I'm not talking Amazon, knowledge. I had to go to the library and didn't have a cell phone till college, but I'm still technically Gen X

I feel like Prodigy made me patient. Ha
A big toast to Gen X. 😀. I’m toward the front end. No cell phone available til post-college. Lol. Definitely impatient though. Ha ha.

8 months in an no idea when i will get a car. SA , dublin dealer, website all ignore my ask, or any contact, for just an estimation, for weeks. N. Cali Plaid blue/ white CF fsd 19”….. 1142xxxx Have any white interior plus CF gone out? Besides omar’s. I suppose i feel bad as they are likely trying hard, but they also know since they can’t make enough right now they don't need customer service to field any asks, someone else will just buy it. When does the EQS ship finally or is it vaporware