Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about that. There is some negativity around here from time to time, but I wouldn't pin it on only one person; that's maybe a little harsh..... The wait can make people a little aggravated, and that's why I try to spread around as much positivity as possible.🙂
It was a joke lol

I'm getting a little tired of this waiting game. Almost about to go this weekend to check out the new Kia Stinger. I can get my specs with the scorpion package locally and it's in stock. This ish with the white interior is seriously pissing me off. I can't imagine others that have waited longer than me. But even with supply shortage, no shipments is some bull. Hoping my SA tells me something more than some ish, but September seems a little crazy. Esp since my coworker is picking up his and ordered 3 weeks after me (a white/black). Getting a little tired of this. Tesla is nice but I did love my last car and sold it thinking August was feasible. I haven't listened to tonight's earnings call (and awesome for the bump in price tonight) but I'm about to give up. But probably won't lol. View attachment 688554View attachment 688552

No disrespect... but... seriously? A Kia Stinger? I don't have any words...

I'm getting a little tired of this waiting game. Almost about to go this weekend to check out the new Kia Stinger. I can get my specs with the scorpion package locally and it's in stock. This ish with the white interior is seriously pissing me off. I can't imagine others that have waited longer than me. But even with supply shortage, no shipments is some bull. Hoping my SA tells me something more than some ish, but September seems a little crazy. Esp since my coworker is picking up his and ordered 3 weeks after me (a white/black). Getting a little tired of this. Tesla is nice but I did love my last car and sold it thinking August was feasible. I haven't listened to tonight's earnings call (and awesome for the bump in price tonight) but I'm about to give up. But probably won't lol. View attachment 688554View attachment 688552

I too have been looking around but nothing compares. I'm either sacrificing something compared to Plaid (Range, Charging, Performance) or jumping to gas which I'm totally done with.

Edit: 2021Plaid just instantly loved my post.

Last edited:
No disrespect... but... seriously? A Kia Stinger? I don't have any words...
dont knock it till you tried it. lol. it was a fun sedan as well, real beautiful leather, opened the trunk when i was back there for me, full awesome 360 degree camera, twin turbo zoom zoom. sure, not a MS, but it had android auto and a pretty decent screen. i hate i can't have waze in a tesla. i've owned a lot of different cars. you gotta understand, I drive 5 minutes each way from work, but I like rare non pretentious production cars, (i'm hating I'm driving around in a MY right now). The MS will be my first nose in the air car, if it ever comes. I trade out cars way too quickly (2 years is usually average for me) and love to jump around manufacturers. German isn't my thing, I had a BMW years ago, zzzz. Mercedes and their front grill and gigantic logos, zzzzz.

I think I may just go back to a truck, Dodge Ram Limited 4x4 w/ Hemi eTorque looks noice too.

(i'm not here to save the planet, i'm here to drive something fun for the 5 minutes i'm in the car, and then 5-10 hour road trips i take 6x year)

yah can hate, but eh.

Isn't Porsche just going to say"Our car was stock, this car is modified...so whatever"?. Equivalent tires I can see as justifiable, but upgraded brakes that we can't purchase through Tesla? C'mon.
Nah man, this is the upcoming Track Pack. The only thing that won't make it to production will be the roll cage. The Taycan had one also when they did the record. It's required by the track.

Oh, just hang in there for the Plaid! I'm no Kia hater by any means, but I'm telling you this car will NOT EVEN COME REMOTELY CLOSE TO COMPARING! And I know...I've recently had 992 C4S, a G550, a 570 McLaren, 991.2 Turbo S, and who knows what I forgot. WAIT FOR THE PLAID, IT'S TOO GOOD!!

Just my 2 cents. 😬

Nah man, this is the upcoming Track Pack. The only thing that won't make it to production will be the roll cage. The Taycan had one also when they did the record. It's required by the track.
Well, ok, I'll bite...please show me where to order the Track Pack, I'll take it. And I already know where to order everything on the Taycan.
Trust me, I'm not hating here, I freaking love my Plaid...I'm just thinking it's not a great way to go for a record.

Oh, just hang in there for the Plaid! I'm no Kia hater by any means, but I'm telling you this car will NOT EVEN COME REMOTELY CLOSE TO COMPARING! And I know...I've recently had 992 C4S, a G550, a 570 McLaren, 991.2 Turbo S, and who knows what I forgot. WAIT FOR THE PLAID, IT'S TOO GOOD!!

Just my 2 cents. 😬
hah, performance wise sure. but fit and finish on my last Stinger was on point, nice leather, accent lighting all around with rgb, lots of nice touches. lots of things missing on the MS that I came to enjoy on my Stinger. I'm not getting a Plaid, i'm in for a LR, I can't justify to myself (except for silly reaction videos) the speeding tickets I'd get hah

hah, performance wise sure. but fit and finish on my last Stinger was on point, nice leather, accent lighting all around with rgb, lots of nice touches. lots of things missing on the MS that I came to enjoy on my Stinger. I'm not getting a Plaid, i'm in for a LR, I can't justify to myself (except for silly reaction videos) the speeding tickets I'd get hah
I can totally see and believe all your points for sure. And I just had a 2021 pre-refresh LR that I also loved. And I'm sticking with my sentiment...WAIT FOR THE LR!! Maybe I'm just crazy, but I really, really love electric cars, particularly Tesla's. I'm not completely over ICE because I have some needs that EV's can't solve yet, but being as close to the finish line as you are, knowing what I know, I'd wait.

Either way, I hope you enjoy your new car!

Well, ok, I'll bite...please show me where to order the Track Pack, I'll take it. And I already know where to order everything on the Taycan.
Trust me, I'm not hating here, I freaking love my Plaid...I'm just thinking it's not a great way to go for a record.
I would agree with you, but I'm very sure that this is how Tesla is validating the Track Pack. They are likely testing some of the final components before putting it into production. In fact, this should be seen as an excellent sign as to the progress and the proximity of the package to going on sale.

dont knock it till you tried it. lol. it was a fun sedan as well, real beautiful leather, opened the trunk when i was back there for me, full awesome 360 degree camera, twin turbo zoom zoom. sure, not a MS, but it had android auto and a pretty decent screen. i hate i can't have waze in a tesla. i've owned a lot of different cars. you gotta understand, I drive 5 minutes each way from work, but I like rare non pretentious production cars, (i'm hating I'm driving around in a MY right now). The MS will be my first nose in the air car, if it ever comes. I trade out cars way too quickly (2 years is usually average for me) and love to jump around manufacturers. German isn't my thing, I had a BMW years ago, zzzz. Mercedes and their front grill and gigantic logos, zzzzz.

I think I may just go back to a truck, Dodge Ram Limited 4x4 w/ Hemi eTorque looks noice too.

(i'm not here to save the planet, i'm here to drive something fun for the 5 minutes i'm in the car, and then 5-10 hour road trips i take 6x year)

yah can hate, but eh.

I don't want leather in a car ever again, in the same way I don't want granite or marble on my counters. Give me quartz. Give me faux leather. It's easier to maintain (both), and I never want to deal with leather wrinkling and maintenance ever again.

Just wait for the Model S. Good grief.

I can totally see and believe all your points for sure. And I just had a 2021 pre-refresh LR that I also loved. And I'm sticking with my sentiment...WAIT FOR THE LR!! Maybe I'm just crazy, but I really, really love electric cars, particularly Tesla's. I'm not completely over ICE because I have some needs that EV's can't solve yet, but being as close to the finish line as you are, knowing what I know, I'd wait.

Either way, I hope you enjoy your new car!
true, i still have my Jeep, who am i kidding, i've waited this long, maybe i'll end up w/ a 2022 and then it'll all be worth it :D upgraded tailights and all. (secret to this story is that only the white interior in Sept will also have the upgraded tailights)

I would agree with you, but I'm very sure that this is how Tesla is validating the Track Pack. They are likely testing some of the final components before putting it into production. In fact, this should be seen as an excellent sign as to the progress and the proximity of the package to going on sale.
OK, I'll take that as a reason! 😁. I hope you're correct!

true, i still have my Jeep, who am i kidding, i've waited this long, maybe i'll end up w/ a 2022 and then it'll all be worth it :D upgraded tailights and all. (secret to this story is that only the white interior in Sept will also have the upgraded tailights)
How did you find out about the tail lights? 😵‍💫 Only the Monkey (and Elon) knows!!!! Totally worth the wait!