Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want leather in a car ever again, in the same way I don't want granite or marble on my counters. Give me quartz. Give me faux leather. It's easier to maintain (both), and I never want to deal with leather wrinkling and maintenance ever again.

Just wait for the Model S. Good grief.
says the person that ordered 7/5 :D meanwhile i got a fake date of August, that now has faded into Sept for my March 8th order. and there's a ton of peeps still before me that still are waiting on theirs. crazy talk.

Lol I think he's joking. There will definitely be a full exterior refresh of the MS (likely Roadster-inspired) at some point in the future, just not this soon.
Yep, me too on joking! 'bout time there's some lighthearted banter around here! Aside from you @2021plaid sometimes it's a little, shall I say, moody, around here.

Yep, me too on joking! 'bout time there's some lighthearted banter around here! Aside from you @2021plaid sometimes it's a little, shall I say, moody, around here.
i think i need to end every one of my posts w/ /s ... maybe in my sig? :D not that i've been around like some of the old timers, and likely once the MS does come i'll be a disappearing act (tho i am going to get involved with my local owners club), most know, i mostly am just joking around :D (mostly).

but hey, it's been fun tonight, early AM to check my blank status once again, look at my texts not to have received any response from my SA, and have the dread that one day is left before my coworker comes with his MS to rub in my face :D

i think i need to end every one of my posts w/ /s ... maybe in my sig? :D not that i've been around like some of the old timers, and likely once the MS does come i'll be a disappearing act (tho i am going to get involved with my local owners club), most know, i mostly am just joking around :D (mostly).

but hey, it's been fun tonight, early AM to check my blank status once again, look at my texts not to have received any response from my SA, and have the dread that one day is left before my coworker comes with his MS to rub in my face :D
LOL, hang in there. I can tell you I was a Musk/Tesla "not-quite-but-pretty-much-mostly-sh*t-talker" until about a year ago.

But then I really started to take a look what he/they're doing and then my wife bought a Y that she loves and I've been sold ever since. To the point where I never stay on forums long either, and likely won't here, but I've had my car for a month and 3000+ miles and I'm still preaching the gospel!

Oh, and 1 more reason to love the LR. My Plaid costs roughly 1/2 the cost to operate as my Ducati V4 Multistrada! And the Multi gets 37 mpg! And that's before tires, oil, chain, etc. The LR will be even better.

Last edited:
After the long and painful wait (especially during the deliver hold last week), I finally got my red MSLR. Car is awesome, but there are definitely some issues they need to fix, like bubbles in paint (or something else, not sure what the term would be), rubber gaskets around the driver and rear driver side have some “wrinkles”, and just general exterior fit and finish definitely aren’t perfect (definitely didn’t expect perfect, it’s actually a lot worse than my Model Y taken delivery last month).
All in all, most issues are pretty minor and will be fixed (hopefully painlessly), the car, as all the others here are saying, is amazing.
Here are some pics of the issues I found and one from my little photoshoot today right after delivery.
I was just in the Stockyards a few weeks ago with my wife, and I must say, I'm not sure I'm gonna take my new Tesla there and get Longhorn poop on the new tires 🤣 But that's a beauty. Congrats.

Oh, and 1 more reason to love the LR. My Plaid costs roughly 1/2 the cost to operate as my Ducati V4 Multistrada! And the Multi gets 37 mpg! And that's before tires, oil, chain, etc. The LR will be even better.
Nice, I love the multistrada. I have a Ducati Xdiavel and love it but I never ride it anymore.

Attachments

• 6143AB9C-C8A0-469E-A428-AA170B6DF3CF.png
    6143AB9C-C8A0-469E-A428-AA170B6DF3CF.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 113
Nice, I love the multistrada. I have a Ducati Xdiavel and love it but I never ride it anymore.
Nice bike! It’s so weird to have a car that’s faster than my motorcycles, stock for stock. I have a few bikes, some pretty fast ones, and the Plaid will walk them.

I was next to a guy on a 1260 Multi tonight and he hit it as the stop light. The Plaid really just killed him. Not even close…he gave up very quickly. That was good fun. 😜

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
says the person that ordered 7/5 :D meanwhile i got a fake date of August, that now has faded into Sept for my March 8th order. and there's a ton of peeps still before me that still are waiting on theirs. crazy talk.

Meh. Kia vs Tesla. Yeah… no. Completely different classes of car. Nothing against the Kia, but these are not comparable cars.