Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dont knock it till you tried it. lol. it was a fun sedan as well, real beautiful leather, opened the trunk when i was back there for me, full awesome 360 degree camera, twin turbo zoom zoom. sure, not a MS, but it had android auto and a pretty decent screen. i hate i can't have waze in a tesla. i've owned a lot of different cars. you gotta understand, I drive 5 minutes each way from work, but I like rare non pretentious production cars, (i'm hating I'm driving around in a MY right now). The MS will be my first nose in the air car, if it ever comes. I trade out cars way too quickly (2 years is usually average for me) and love to jump around manufacturers. German isn't my thing, I had a BMW years ago, zzzz. Mercedes and their front grill and gigantic logos, zzzzz.

I think I may just go back to a truck, Dodge Ram Limited 4x4 w/ Hemi eTorque looks noice too.

(i'm not here to save the planet, i'm here to drive something fun for the 5 minutes i'm in the car, and then 5-10 hour road trips i take 6x year)

yah can hate, but eh.
I don't think you need to explain anything to anyone but thanks for sharing :) Whichever car gets you pumped when driving and you are having fun doing it, go for it.

I was considering ordering a Lucid Air. I like the fact that it has the cameras, radar and lidar. I’d like to see one in person. Something about the photos remind me of my mother’s old Oldsmobile Aurora. :oops:

The main thing that bothers me is that their forums are way too quiet. I don’t think it’s a good sign. The plant expansion is for the SUV which is sorely needed.

Lucid needs to hire someone like @2021plaid to handle the social media outlets. A new car company really needs lots of endless positivity.
I kept thinking about how the Lucid looks like a car for an old man. I kept picturing the the original Lexus LS. You hit the nail on the head and hit it out of the park at the same time. Old's Aurora!!!

Alright guys - after 5 days gone and seeing stuff, here are my thoughts:

-I'm not likely to go with the Model S, at this time. I haven't cancelled (yet), but I've been reading issues with the Model S both software and build quality, it sounds like the worst of the same ole' Tesla. I'm not prepared to pay $85k for a car, which will be my most expensive purchase thus far in life and have to deal with half baked software and *sugar* falling off the vehicle.

-On that note, the ANC was one of the top 2-3 features I was really looking for. I have doubts that will actually be active by EOY and if it is, IDK, I don't really trust Tesla to do it in an error-free way. Clearly something is complicated about it, otherwise seems like they would've gotten it out the door.

I've got a second car and while it is old, it's been completely paid for and meets the needs A to B. I really want the opportunity to drive the F-150 Lightning, the Ioniq 5, Rivian R1T, Model Y with 4680 (but think it comes out middle of next year at best) and Ford Bronco (though - I highly, highly doubt I could ever go back to ICE. have a test drive today though).

For me - I'm either going to go with the Bronco (doubtful) or wait for a new car when the whole market is (hopefully) better next year.

-I'm not likely to go with the Model S, at this time. I haven't cancelled (yet), but I've been reading issues with the Model S both software and build quality, it sounds like the worst of the same ole' Tesla. I'm not prepared to pay $85k for a car, which will be my most expensive purchase thus far in life and have to deal with half baked software and *sugar* falling off the vehicle.

-On that note, the ANC was one of the top 2-3 features I was really looking for. I have doubts that will actually be active by EOY and if it is, IDK, I don't really trust Tesla to do it in an error-free way. Clearly something is complicated about it, otherwise seems like they would've gotten it out the door.

I've got a second car and while it is old, it's been completely paid for and meets the needs A to B. I really want the opportunity to drive the F-150 Lightning, the Ioniq 5, Rivian R1T, Model Y with 4680 (but think it comes out middle of next year at best) and Ford Bronco (though - I highly, highly doubt I could ever go back to ICE. have a test drive today though).

For me - I'm either going to go with the Bronco (doubtful) or wait for a new car when the whole market is (hopefully) better next year.
all the best mate! ;)

I kept thinking about how the Lucid looks like a car for an old man. I kept picturing the the original Lexus LS. You hit the nail on the head and hit it out of the park at the same time. Old's Aurora!!!
266B6622-9A57-441F-A525-905E4CA04224.png

My mother had this color in 1995. It reminds me of the color on the Lucid Air Dream Edition.

Last edited:
I believe Plaids are being rolled out at much higher rate than LRs. You then factor in 21s vs. 19s. So I think following the deliveries from sooner to later based on config:

1. Plaid (Ext - White/Black, Interior - Black/Cream, 21s)
2. Plaid (Ext - Silver/Red, Interior - Black/Cream, 21s)
3. LR (Ext - White/Black, Interior - Black/Cream, 21s)
4. LR (Ext - Red/Silver, Interior - Black/Cream, 21s)

FWIW my ANC on my Bose headphones are awesome on planes and cruise ships - where the background noise is fairly predictable. watching a FSD video last night, I heard a bunch of different road noises based on the surface - so I guess the algorithm may have to tie in with the suspension or just microphones. I believe there was supposed to be a firmware update for the HVAC which might also tie in with the ANC.
I hear what Tigers is saying about it being a product that still has issues - the general adage in the past was you never want a first year car - the bugs have to get worked out.
At the same time, I think the refresh is cutting edge - so while by this time next year demand COULD be lower, and the bugs could be gone, that means waiting a year.
It's the mature thing to do.
Too bad I just can't wait :)
I want my MS, bugs and all. Though, with a 3 year lease, I'm hopeful when I get it more bugs are worked out, and I have more "complete" features for my 36 months with it.

It's funny how they are convinced that the Plaid would lose at higher speeds. It's like uhhhhh nope. After the 200 mph update is out, the Plaid will actually pull away the higher speeds go, as the 765LT hits drag and gear ratio reductions.
Completely agree 2021plaid! I feel that the longer the race goes on the wider the gap becomes. We just can’t see it now because of the speed limiter on the plaid. But for further verification one can go put these two cars against each other and motormatchup.com and see what will really happen.

yes if delivered after 01.01.2022. If i dont get the car this year i will cancel. Not paying the extra tax.
What a bummer on the extra tax. What are they trying to do kill the economy? Hopefully you get your car this year and that is a non-issue. I had an opportunity to drive a plaid yesterday and this car is an absolute must have. And I have driven very very fast cars in the past.

Yeah, after witnessing what road debris did to my existing Model S, and knowing how much the wider wheel stance will tear up the sides, I'm likely going to put my refresh at the SC on a trailer for the trip to the detailer for a full PPF wrap. Can't hurt!
I'm going to go ahead and accept road chips vs. the 8kish cost of preventing them. If it really bothers me 6 years from now, I can have them repaired.

Completely agree 2021plaid! I feel that the longer the race goes on the wider the gap becomes. We just can’t see it now because of the speed limiter on the plaid. But for further verification one can go put these two cars against each other and motormatchup.com and see what will really happen.
Exactly! Especially after about 160/180mph, the Tesla will absolutely pull away. The 765LT is a track car, not a top speed car, so it hits drag at those speeds. Consider this: the 765LT puts down around 765 hp to the wheels, vs. the Plaid, which is putting down between 970-999 hp, and holding it without any shifting.

What a bummer on the extra tax. What are they trying to do kill the economy? Hopefully you get your car this year and that is a non-issue. I had an opportunity to drive a plaid yesterday and this car is an absolute must have. And I have driven very very fast cars in the past.
yeah it should be doable to receive a car this year here in Canada :cool: Having the white interior with CF doesnt help but there is no way i will switch to black seats. Here in Canada all Plaids, come with CF so you cant even choose the different trim. Me thinking that they might produce cars in August for Canada with CF as the cars needs to travel longer aka Train etc. after that EOQ push to US Customers on the CF trims. Again thats me trying to be positive.

Canadian Market is not that big for LR and Plaid.