Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting theory. It doesn't hold up 100% in the early months, but seems to be the case in the more recent months.

Also, I just noticed that the RN increments the 4th digit at the same time as the vehicleMapId's 2nd digit consistently in the recent months.

Last observation from me for tonight: the folks that have a date range in this second tab of the sheet are not in Califonia (in fact: midwest and east coast), so shipping a fair distance would seem to correlate with getting the EDD range earlier.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but could it mean those of us in Cali (and more immediately within the Bay Area) will see a VIN drop at the same time as a delivery estimate?
That California comment makes some sense. The delivery times would be quite fast even for SoCal.

Still, 1143 and 1144 'round here are mostly blank on EDD. I need to look at the tracker to see if those are heavily from CA.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Interesting theory. It doesn't hold up 100% in the early months, but seems to be the case in the more recent months.

Also, I just noticed that the RN increments the 4th digit at the same time as the vehicleMapId's 2nd digit consistently in the recent months.

Last observation from me for tonight: the folks that have a date range in this second tab of the sheet are not in Califonia (in fact: midwest and east coast), so shipping a fair distance would seem to correlate with getting the EDD range earlier.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but could it mean those of us in Cali (and more immediately within the Bay Area) will see a VIN drop at the same time as a delivery estimate?
I'm not sure I understand. It does follow that trend. Someone in there has a single messed up number. But the rest followed that trend pretty well. Increments each month the first two numbers.

That California comment makes some sense. The delivery times would be quite fast even for SoCal.

Still, 1143 and 1144 'round here are mostly blank on EDD. I need to look at the tracker to see if those are heavily from CA.
1144 here in Indiana with a blank EDD since the delivery hold went in place. Prior to that I had August, and to make things more confusing on June 18th I had June 25 - June 30 pop in there for 24 hours before going blank again. Clearly they’ve got a system of some kind, but as an outsider it seems there’s no rhyme or reason for the way they ship vehicles.

1144 here in Indiana with a blank EDD since the delivery hold went in place. Prior to that I had August, and to make things more confusing on June 18th I had June 25 - June 30 pop in there for 24 hours before going blank again. Clearly they’ve got a system of some kind, but as an outsider it seems there’s no rhyme or reason for the way they ship vehicles.
Well, there is another 1144 crying the blues. I cannot imagine what the system configuration might be.

I stopped by the Castleton Corner Tesla Store (Indianapolis). They had a MSLR Black/black with wood trim and 21" wheels. Posted a picture of it in this forum. I suppose that is where you are going to take delivery.

Have you put your info in the tracker? What kind configuration are you waiting on?

It is helpful to all on the S delivery thread if you guys would just add all of your order information on your profile.

Like this:

EB00488D-134A-41A5-B673-2F2BCE04D03C_1_201_a.jpeg

Well, there is another 1144 crying the blues. I cannot imagine what the system configuration might be.

I stopped by the Castleton Corner Tesla Store (Indianapolis). They had a MSLR Black/black with wood trim and 21" wheels. Posted a picture of it in this forum. I suppose that is where you are going to take delivery.

Have you put your info in the tracker? What kind configuration are you waiting on?
When was that? That's exactly the configuration I'm waiting for. I was there Saturday and there wasn't a single refresh S in the lot.

When was that? That's exactly the configuration I'm waiting for. I was there Saturday and there wasn't a single refresh S in the lot.

Then there is this...

Some lucky owner has his LR Black/black, wood trim, 21" at the Indy Tesla store.

Good on you. I did not put any fingerprints on the vehicle, only looked upon it as any neglected girlfriend might look upon the one they pine for.

Not a big fan of the tire shine they use. A bit too glossy. Still would be happy to receive my configuration with that shine.

Elon... Where is my Plaid?
Last night. I was at the store about 6:30 pm.

WHAT WHEELS ARE THESE THEY LOOK AMAZING!
TSW Nurburgrings 20x9
They were 10 lbs per corner less weight than Tesla 19s and, at the time I did them for my P90D, they came in at about $2k complete TPMS, lugs and rubber. I just ordered 20x10s for the Plaid with 275 rubber and that package was $3800 w/o the new Tesla BlueTooth TPMS ($325 from Tesla).

TSW Nurburgrings 20x9
They were 10 lbs per corner less weight than Tesla 19s and, at the time I did them for my P90D, they came in at about $2k complete TPMS, lugs and rubber. I just ordered 20x10s for the Plaid with 275 rubber and that package was $3800 w/o the new Tesla BlueTooth TPMS ($325 from Tesla).
Have you already sourced the TPMS for the Plaid? I have no idea where to find that stuff. (New to the Tesla world)

Thanks!

Here:
Texas law says 25% on the front windshield (top 5") and front/side windows 25%. Rear windows have no VLT requirement. All my vehicles have this tint configuration and it works well in our hot summers. I think I'll go with this same config (25% fronts/"limo" tint to the rest).

After a year worth of research my options came down to a Porsche Panamera or a new model s.

Test drove the panamera and loved the heck out of it! Amazing vehicle. But at the end of the day I already have an amazing ICE car, a 2008 BMW M5 with a V10 engine.

So now my choice was clearer, the model s, and every time I was ready to order I remembered how much I dislike Tesla the company and it’s shady business decisions.

So what do I do? Do I continue holding a grudge against Tesla for all the times they wronged me? Or do I move on with my life and get myself a car I want? I decided to let go of the grudge and order!

View attachment 691400

Black on black with 19s and no autopilot.
I stand by my 99%, .9% and .1% analysis
99% of my interaction is with the car and this new Plaid surpasses ALL of my expectations. It is a superb car.
.9% of my interaction is with Service and I've enjoyed every one of my interactions with them (about a dozen) over the last six weeks. Great people.
.1% is with the business/sales side of the house and is, and has mostly been, atrocious. More often than not Tesla does me for 3-5% of the cost of the vehicle. I just mark it up to a dirtbag tax for doing business with the company.

I'm now firmly back in the 99.9% range and absolutely loving life. I could not ask for more from this phase of ownership. The folks that designed and built this car are top notch and should be commended for doing something no one else in the industry can, could or will. Well done.

For those who have gotten theirs, how easy are these to get in and out of? are they super low?
I would go to a Tesla Store and ask to sit in one. Even if it’s used, you’ll get an idea. You could also try going to a supercharger and asking someone with an S. I find it to be low.

I have gotten accustomed to a SUV, so I’m hoping that I can adjust. I also ordered a Model Y and may order a Model X.

TPMS was one of my interactions with the service side of the house. The new BlueTooth units were introduced on the Y I think and are readily available from your Tesla service center.
1490701-01-B is the TPMS part number and
1038975-00-A is the nut part number
If you are doing a separate set of wheels and tires you will need to buy nuts as well as the TPMS units.

These are the part numbers for the new Plaid and LR refresh.

TPMS was one of my interactions with the service side of the house. The new BlueTooth units were introduced on the Y I think and are readily available from your Tesla service center.
1490701-01-B is the TPMS part number and
1038975-00-A is the nut part number
If you are doing a separate set of wheels and tires you will need to buy nuts as well as the TPMS units.
Thanks!

So, the new S (and presumably X) uses the same units as the Y and 3?

Thanks!

So, the new S (and presumably X) uses the same units as the Y and 3?
Not sure about the 3. I was told Y.
What is for certain is that the Plaid and LR Refresh use BlueTooth TPMS and the part numbers I listed are for the newest generation Tesla BlueTooth TPMS. Service confirmed they were the right parts for my ViN. I will know for sure later this week when my wheels/tires come in :)