Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my S LR order in April, then looking the prices of Tesla used and other brands, I was able easily predict price of brand new S would raise in short time, by end of this yr, we may see new base price of standard LR S around $95K

1628089043372.png

My EDD is shifting, but only the first date, the second/last date is holding. I'm hoping that's a good sign??!

Does anyone remember what generally happened to others with orders with only the first date slipping (and therefore the window tightening)? Lead to a VIN, or just the same old monkey randomness?
Well if you look at my dates, My first date slipped without the second one slipping for a week. I would say it's not necessarily a good sign.

This has me worried, I'm also RN1147, W/W/19. I'm worried about picking up the car in cold weather if it has summer tires on it, my SC is about 50 miles away.
I am pretty sure all 19s are going to be all seasons? I guess no one knows because none have been delivered yet..
The 19s are all seasons. They are P Zero ‘Elect’ all seasons specific for Tesla.

Yep, that’s what mine told me too that it would be Nov-Dec instead of August. It sucks but whatever.

Called my local dealer, my profile shows EDD blank but he says he’s seeing mid Nov-Dec on my order on his end. RN 1147 LR Blue/White/19

Definitely sux but at least you got in prior to the two $5k price increases 🍻

This has me worried, I'm also RN1147, W/W/19. I'm worried about picking up the car in cold weather if it has summer tires on it, my SC is about 50 miles away.
This seems true. There is no indication of Tesla producing 19" config and this falls in line with a bunch of Blank dates most of us have. There is no car for us. Not even a chassis has been manufactured for any of us 19" configs yet. I won't be surprised if we're given a Nov-Dec delivery date range by end of quarter especially for those of us who have a blank date.

I’m not sure if it has been posted here, but @FlatSix911 posted in another thread the news that Randy Pobst did a 1:28.2 around Laguna in the Plaid by UP. That’s insane🤩
Here's some good news while we wait for the Plaid to arrive in larger numbers... the UP Plaid set a new record at my home track. ;)

electrek.co

"Their return on the popular California proving grounds was successful as they managed to break the EV lap record with a 1:28.2 time: The time is within a second of the fastest production car lap record also held by Pobst but in a McLaren Senna. It’s possible that the Model S Plaid could beat that, but this version is significantly modified by UP with their race-specific suspension and several body modifications, like the large spoiler and front lip.

Over the last year, Tesla itself used Laguana Seca as a proving ground for early Model S Plaid prototypes At the time, they broke some records with a 1:30 Now Tesla has been spotted with a new Model S Plaid in Germany near the famous Nürburgring racetrack. In 2019, Tesla started testing Model S Plaid prototypes at the track and achieved some impressive lap times. The automaker had vowed to come back with production units and break some more records."

I have 20" forged wheels in the process of production right now. It looks as though I will have them before the delivery of the MS Plaid. I live in SoCal and will have not need for the 19" wheels with all season tires.

The 19" tires will have as few miles as I can manage. Willing to set up sale and shipment at whatever the reasonable market value is. (or slightly below) Not looking to make a killing. Will sell complete with TPMS.

Let me know if anyone is interested in them for winter set or whatever.

Cheers

Wow! this white interior is gorgeous! How are the seats? Do they have a higher chance of getting dirt and grime get in the ventilating pores?
Seats are great, super comfy and good touch and feel.
The driver’s seat has got max seat time and it doesn’t look any worse than other seats. The pores do have a chance of trapping dirt but with regular cleaning it can be avoided.
I managed to get some stains off using Adams interior detailer.

I have 20" forged wheels in the process of production right now. It looks as though I will have them before the delivery of the MS Plaid. I live in SoCal and will have not need for the 19" wheels with all season tires.

The 19" tires will have as few miles as I can manage. Willing to set up sale and shipment at whatever the reasonable market value is. (or slightly below) Not looking to make a killing. Will sell complete with TPMS.

Let me know if anyone is interested in them for winter set or whatever.

Cheers
When you get the car, I’d list the 19s in the ‘parts for sale’ section in TMC Marketplace. I sold my P100D in a couple days so it worked good for me.
The 19s with all seasons will probably sell super quick going into colder temps.

When you get the car, I’d list the 19s in the ‘parts for sale’ section in TMC Marketplace. I sold my P100D in a couple days so it worked good for me.
The 19s with all seasons will probably sell super quick going into colder temps.
Thanks! All this Tesla forum stuff is new to me. Saw some folks chatting about it so I brought it up.

Thanks! All this Tesla forum stuff is new to me. Saw some folks chatting about it so I brought it up.
All good… I remember reading a few posts from members who purchased with 21s mentioning they’ll want to buy 19s for the winter.
In 2019, I purchased full set of Arachnids from someone in CA. We used FedEx Ground and shipping to NY was $220 so you have a general idea of cost.
Edit: fedex supplied the 4 separate boxes.

Last edited: