Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found out about this iPhone app, "Inspect T", providing an inspection checklist such as the ones I've seen posted here in simple text form. FYI.

No delivery date.

Also interested in this. Any thoughts, good people of TMC?
My 'collection' of Tesla MS Plaid accessories in my garage includes the new 2021 Tesla MS all-weather floor mats (purchased on the Tesla Shop) & the older 2012-2020 MS all-weather trunk mat (although I've heard it's not a perfect fit but Tesla hasn't created a new one thus far so we'll see if it works or not...I've used trunks mats before that aren't a perfect fit and they're usually good enough). Back in April - May, there was some major confusion about whether or not the older Tesla MS all-weather trunk mats fit the new refresh MS...seems like everyone was wrong and of course, none of the actual Tesla employees had the answers, even after the car came out! Shocker. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My 'collection' of Tesla MS Plaid accessories in my garage includes the new 2021 Tesla MS all-weather floor mats (purchased on the Tesla Shop) & the older 2012-2020 MS all-weather trunk mat (although I've heard it's not a perfect fit but Tesla hasn't created a new one thus far so we'll see if it works or not...I've used trunks mats before that aren't a perfect fit and they're usually good enough). Back in April - May, there was some major confusion about whether or not the older Tesla MS all-weather trunk mats fit the new refresh MS...seems like everyone was wrong and of course, none of the actual Tesla employees had the factual answers. Shocker. :rolleyes:
I hope they make some basic/slightly extending mud flaps to put on front to help solve for the rock chips on wider rear fenders soon...

Question : On my new S Long Range when I do hard accelerations or a launch, when it starts to hit about 60 or 70 MPH, the steering gets a little squirrely. I'm forcing it to stay straight and correcting it. The yoke is pulling left and right. I have to slow down since on not on a track so don't know what happens after that. I took it into service and they are saying that is completely "normal". I find it hard to believe that feeling like a car might lose control is something normal. Are they giving me the run around or is there something specific I can tell them that needs to be fixed or looked into?

Sitting here in Atlanta/Decatur getting my 12V battery replaced. Six refreshes on the lot, five LRs, one Plaid if I remember correctly. All 21s. White, red, and black. The black with black interior and dark wood does look gorgeous….

While I’m sitting here, I’m going to ask some pointed questions. Wish me luck.

I heard what you’d expect. They seem to believe we will see another big rush in September, but mainly there is “no rhyme or reason” to any of the deliveries. I did like the line that “Elon doesn’t really tell us the production schedule.”.

Question : On my new S Long Range when I do hard accelerations or a launch, when it starts to hit about 60 or 70 MPH, the steering gets a little squirrely. I'm forcing it to stay straight and correcting it. The yoke is pulling left and right. I have to slow down since on not on a track so don't know what happens after that. I took it into service and they are saying that is completely "normal". I find it hard to believe that feeling like a car might lose control is something normal. Are they giving me the run around or is there something specific I can tell them that needs to be fixed or looked into?

One SA told me some of the Model S have come in with some alignment issues. I'd ask them to look at it.

One SA told me some of the Model S have come in with some alignment issues. I'd ask them to look at it.
My Raven had an alignment issue upon delivery. The Tesla logo in the middle was off about 5 to 10 degrees when driving in a straight line. They did an alignment and agreed. Never had acceleration issues. @omarsultan had the same "issue" when he was running it on the track and (if I recall) it was accredited to the road surface. I would still push them for an alignment and ask for the report once it is done.

Shifted again. 18 Aug -1 September

Blank
August
Blank
August
Blank
August
July 28-Aug 11
Blank
August
July 31-Aug 12
August
Aug 4-Aug 17
Aug 5-Aug 18
Aug 6-Aug 17
Aug 7-Aug 17
Aug 8-Aug 17
Aug 9-Aug 17
Aug 10-Aug 17
Aug 11-Aug 19
Aug 12-Aug 21
Aug 13-Aug 24
Aug14-Aug 26
Aug 15-Aug 28
Aug 16-Aug 28
Aug 17-Aug 31
Aug 18-Sep 1

With the price increase, and the seemingly haphazard way Tesla is delivering cars, I'm starting to convince myself Tesla is intentionally putting discounted preorders to the back of the line. They have nothing to lose by treating us this way, but they gain at least $10K per sale for doing it. Those of us that are patient will get our cars when they catch up with demand, and those of us who give up are replaced by preorders with a higher price tag.

This is frustrating.

Ordered 5/8/2021, MSLR black on black 21inch wheels. Kansas city Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. This past Monday, 7/26 I showed 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 showes 8/17-8/31
8/4 (today) shows 8/18-8/31

14 day gap now at 13 days. 🎈🎈

With the price increase, and the seemingly haphazard way Tesla is delivering cars, I'm starting to convince myself Tesla is intentionally putting discounted preorders to the back of the line. They have nothing to lose by treating us this way, but they gain at least $10K per sale for doing it. Those of us that are patient will get our cars when they catch up with demand, and those of us who give up are replaced by preorders with a higher price tag.
Yep, I think we’ve seen many examples of LIFO esp. for orders placed after price increases. “That’s business” I guess, but doesn’t feel great being on this end of the stick. Luckily, the product is really worth the wait, IMHO.