Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update on my EDD status. Refreshing the account page did not yield any results this and last week, so I grabbed the last straw and called the service center in Paramus, NJ. I expressed my concern that I don't have an EDD yet and new orders for the LR are estimated in March-April. The SA immediately said that I should not worry and that I'll "definitely" will get the car this year. He immediately realized that this info does not help and quickly added "but hopefully much sooner". Not much help there.

With my combo (white interior and 19'' wheels) it seems I am towards the end of the line. I don't think that I'll change that though. I am fixated on the white and 21'' rims don't make sense around Manhattan- they will be all banged up in no time.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us waiting. You guys are of enormous help during this gut-wrenching pre-delivery time.
I gave in and called this morning to Springfield. The SA was totally useless. I explained that people changing their config are getting their cars earlier and he advised that I do not change my config as it would reset my place in queue and also the price might reset to the higher one. He said he would check on the price reset and call me back. So far no follow up. I also brought up some weird pricing discrepancy on my first order and he said it might be that the price got reset to the higher one. I told him look closer, the price is correct the sum is wrong. He finally got it and said he would send an email to the team to fix.

I still might change my Red Plaid to black interior. Seems to look better to me instead of the white. Fighting the instant gratification urge to buy from someone else and just pay the premium. 🤣

They haven’t responded. They told me they will hold the car until tomorrow but I won’t be able to answer because of the Sabbath.

They didn’t email me because of the letter, that’s for sure. I emailed them that I’ll take a plaid and they called me right away.
@sam3194 I tried that “I’ll take any Plaid” as well and the best I got was the SA adding that note to my order. He said all have visibility of the notes. I said, “yeah, but it’s a pull system and not push, so who goes looking for the notes?” Silence. Current status = Blank

Does anyone have a picture of the refresh 2021 Model S 19" Tempest wheel/rim behind the aero hub cap? I can't find a picture that someone said was posted as this thread is growing so fast. Thanks.
Here you go! They look pretty good!:)

Reactions: T-Racer
Does anyone have a picture of the refresh 2021 Model S 19" Tempest wheel/rim behind the aero hub cap? I can't find a picture that someone said was posted as this thread is growing so fast. Thanks.
When you see them, try not to think of H. R. Giger or the ductwork in Brazil

Just washed the tire smudge off. 20x10 275/35 PS4S. Nice to see the rotors starting to rust. It may be metallic pad transfer as, prior to bedding, they were not rusting.

Still working on getting ride height just right. The rear links look like they are going to run into the chassis in High if I lower the back any more.
Left.JPG
Left Front.JPG
Left Rear.JPG

Just washed the tire smudge off. 20x10 275/35 PS4S. Nice to see the rotors starting to rust. It may be metallic pad transfer as, prior to bedding, they were not rusting.

Still working on getting ride height just right. The rear links look like they are going to run into the chassis in High if I lower the back any more.View attachment 693242View attachment 693243View attachment 693244
Sharp!
Here you go! They look pretty good!:)

Still working on getting ride height just right. The rear links look like they are going to run into the chassis in High if I lower the back any more.View attachment 693242View attachment 693243View attachment 693244
Sharp!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Nice looking TSW Nurburgring wheels. I’m going with Signature SV 104’s. Same size but 305/35
tires on the rear.

They haven’t responded. They told me they will hold the car until tomorrow but I won’t be able to answer because of the Sabbath.

They didn’t email me because of the letter, that’s for sure. I emailed them that I’ll take a plaid and they called me right away.
They won’t let you buy for the pre hike price. Because someone else WILL buy it for current price.

What are you adjusting for height? I just run suspension at Medium setting

This is just what I wanted to see. I have a set of 20" forged AGL 13 wheels in graphite to go with my Red LR.

Love your setup.

PS: aren't 285/35/20 closer to the stock diameter? I calculated the ideal 20" tire size for the refreshed S to be

255/40/20 on 9" ish width rims
285/35/20 rear on 10" ish width rims

Last edited:

Looks phenomenal, but it's HOT here; when are you getting your windows tinted? ;)

Here are the pics I took of the 19’ wheels in Seattle

The car is a mule that has been there for a couple of weeks. I popped the cover off for some quick pics and put it back on. They look ok in my opinion.