Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's my Plaid build. That's the girl who picked up her white Plaid (with white seats/carbon fiber trim) at the Plaid Delivery event in Fremont. It's HOT looking! 🔥 :cool: Gorgeous combo...worth the extra wait over any other color combo, imho. @Aleks0404
My build too except I went for 19” rims to replace later.

Yes that is one of the first 25 delivered at the event. I know the owner and I was also at the event. The video above was done shortly after the delivery event and we staged three “generations” of model S to compare at a local meetup. Mine is the center of the three representing the original refresh from 2017.

D27C06F5-2D2F-46F4-9E6F-1DEAE158735E.jpeg56021828-BE25-45B1-A875-C5DD84CC592B.jpeg

Anyone else with the refresh seeing a slight distortion when looking out the front passenger window? Not the entire window, just the “narrower” part by the small triangular glass, but on the main window itself. Very noticeable when driving and can see people getting motion sickness if they look out that way. Effect is like one of those carnival magic mirrors - weird circular distortion.

May be just how the windows are shaped? Wanted to check here before adding to list of items to fix. Thanks.

Personally it's great, but surprisingly not as great as the system in my 3. The 3's bass punches harder, but that could be a result of the car being smaller. Still a nice step up from our 2015.
Yes, the audio in the 3 is decent. Went for a ride in my friends new Y. Sitting in the rear passenger side seat, absolutely no bass. Just a pong pong sound. When I moved anywhere else in the cabin the bass was like my 3. Definitely a standing wave cancelling bass in that seat.

Hmmm. I wonder if I should take back my Alpine S setup before giving my old car to my father in law.
Well, I’d say it depends on the compatibility and is it worth the effort to remove? I’d say the Tesla system is good, I think @omarsultan described it well a few posts ago. But if you like really high end stuff, then likely it won’t scratch the itch.

Those of you worried about dirty seats - how did you decide on Cream vs White?
I had the exact same concern so originally ordered white/cream. My teenage boys kept calling me a boomer so I switched to white/white 12 hours before the 5k increase.

Kids happy, wife not so much (now it looks like a spaceship)

Me personally, I am glad I made the change as online pics of white has definitely grown on me .

Hopefully after I get the car my level of enthusiasm for the white seats persists.

Anyone else with the refresh seeing a slight distortion when looking out the front passenger window? Not the entire window, just the “narrower” part by the small triangular glass, but on the main window itself. Very noticeable when driving and can see people getting motion sickness if they look out that way. Effect is like one of those carnival magic mirrors - weird circular distortion.

May be just how the windows are shaped? Wanted to check here before adding to list of items to fix. Thanks.
Just to clarify, you are referring to the windshield, right?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Apple Music now offers Lossless option, can any audiophiles do some tests and report back on any difference in quality over BT?
There’s a certain amount of irony in that the company that shoved compressed, crappy sounding music down our throats so that they could fit 50 million songs on an iPod is now offering lossless. I guess it was inevitable.

I had the exact same concern so originally ordered white/cream. My teenage boys kept calling me a boomer so I switched to white/white 12 hours before the 5k increase.

Kids happy, wife not so much (now it looks like a spaceship)

Me personally, I am glad I made the change as online pics of white has definitely grown on me .

Hopefully after I get the car my level of enthusiasm for the white seats persists.
Except I don't know when we're getting our white on white cars man. My SA keeps saying November or December which is frustrating

Bt can’t handle lossless. So it’s dumbing it down to its best codec.
I just downloaded some Apple ALAC files. I’m going to give it a try and plug in my phone to the car, hardwire. I’ll guess I’ll see how good the DAC is and if Apple Lossless files make any difference, if nothing else. I suspect there will be a decent improvement over Spotify or any Bluetooth source.

I just downloaded some Apple ALAC files. I’m going to give it a try and plug in my phone to the car, hardwire. I’ll guess I’ll see how good the DAC is and if Apple Lossless files make any difference, if nothing else. I suspect there will be a decent improvement over Spotify or any Bluetooth source.
can you hardwire the phone as a source? that'd be the move right there (just make sure you turn atmos off automatic or else you're going to get the downmixed atmos mix vs. stereo)

can you hardwire the phone as a source? that'd be the move right there (just make sure you turn atmos off automatic or else you're going to get the downmixed atmos mix vs. stereo)
I can’t say I know positively, but I’m hoping with the phone plugged in it can be a source. There’s a lot of stuff held back by software yet, so I hope this isn’t. I’ll try it tomorrow.

Yeah its @Manic_Marge from Twitter. Best combo by far no question asked. Almost there 2 more weeks 😜😜
But, but it was 2 weeks more like 2 weeks ago or was it 2 weeks before that? No, wait, I know, it was 2 weeks more about 2 months ago. No, that’s not right. It was 2 weeks more about 6 months ago…yes that’s correct! 🤪😂