Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as I sit here day after day waiting and agonizing to get information on my car, trapped reading each post and watch these amazing videos of the Tesla, I now understand Stockholm syndrome.

#freethe19s
Oddly enough, after all the hating I did on the 21s. I think they're pretty solid after seeing them in person and driving on them. It'll suck when I have to change the tires with 295s being in the back but the rims seem pretty solid. Are they worth $4,500 + cost of included 19s? Definitely not.

That's my Plaid build. That's the girl who picked up her white Plaid (with white seats/carbon fiber trim) at the Plaid Delivery event in Fremont. It's HOT looking! 🔥 :cool: Gorgeous combo...worth the extra wait over any other color combo, imho. @Aleks0404
Yeah its @Manic_Marge from Twitter. Best combo by far no question asked. Almost there 2 more weeks 😜😜

Side bar question. How do those who have their cars rate the audio system? I love listening to music (many genres) and I'm somewhat of an audiophile.
I am happy with it--it is neutral so I think it will work well with lots of different music. Open soundstage, good detail. I like the bass coz it is tight, I think a few folks have said they'd like more boom. I find it plenty loud. The soundstage is pretty forward which some folks do not like.

I also think the source makes a huge difference. Their spotify app is pretty trash.
+1
It takes forever to load up too. Now I am not sure if Spotify premium has loss less audio but even if i were to sign up for one (Tidal etc), there would be a bit of loss during transmission via BT.
I still have to try the USB stick method but that is not sustainable over long term.

I also think the source makes a huge difference. Their spotify app is pretty trash.
I would agree with this. I think some hi def music will sound decent. Not great, no factory system does. I’ve been too lazy to mess with audio files and see what works, but I will soon. I’ve been listening mostly to books so the quality is good enough for that through my phone.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Totally agreed @omarsultan! Like I said earlier this morning, it's all about the mentality of these manufacturers. Thursday was proof that these companies don't really want to go EV. It's more of an appearance to be keeping up with the competition, while still being allowed to sell plug-in-hybrids with ICEs. I agree where you say that Tesla isn't quite out of the woods with regards to communication and meeting demand, but they will be VERY soon. Tesla will be/already is one of the big ones. The CT? Going to sell like hotcakes. The opening of the Superchargers? GENIUS! Like @Sigma4Life was saying, this move will see that Tesla becomes the Exxon of EV chargers. The amount of income generated from that will be Ludicrous, sorry Plaid (🤣) to say the least. And then the 25k hatchback with a 10k tax credit? Phew boiii lol!😁

This is true. Maybe they will instead collaborate with those start-ups instead of buying them.
I got a mention from @2021Plaid , my life is now complete! 😂😂😂
1628477060888.gif

Last edited:
I would agree with this. I think some hi def music will sound decent. Not great, no factory system does. I’ve been too lazy to mess with audio files and see what works, but I will soon. I’ve been listening mostly to books so the quality is good enough for that through my phone.
Hmmm. I wonder if I should take back my Alpine S setup before giving my old car to my father in law.

Those of you worried about dirty seats - how did you decide on Cream vs White?
Had white in our X for years, it was still very bright, white, and clean after a few years even. Blue transfer wiped off with cleaner, etc. The only issue we had is on certain spots where 1) they used white stitching like armest as that got dirty/dark and can't be cleaned, and 2) areas where the back/side of seats were white fabric and that got dirty... seems that doesn't exist as much in the new S. White cleans very easy if wiped with say leather cleaner on a regular basis, it seems to also be the softest.

So, decided to go with white again - we have/had cream/beige in our X5 recently and while nice, it just doesn't look at sharp clean due to the fact its already a cream-dull color even.

Side bar question. How do those who have their cars rate the audio system? I love listening to music (many genres) and I'm somewhat of an audiophile.
Personally it's great, but surprisingly not as great as the system in my 3. The 3's bass punches harder, but that could be a result of the car being smaller. Still a nice step up from our 2015.