Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Plaid was at the Scottsdale delivery center and they were rushing me away from it So my pics aren’t great.
I was going with aftermarket 20” SV 104’s because IMO the 21’s were too much wheel and not enough tire, missing something in center area, and all the other issues with 21’. My opinion only. But the 19’s looked surprisingly aggressive, even on the mid height setting. The grey seems totally the wrong color, matching nothing on the outside of car anywhere. But $600 to powder coat could get the color many seem to be looking for. View attachment 696395View attachment 696396

The owner of car was putting those caps and center red T emblem on.

View attachment 696398View attachment 696400View attachment 696399View attachment 696401View attachment 696403View attachment 696406
I really like the look of those wheels and definitely would keep the covers off unless on a long drive.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Doing some test & tune runs. Went 10.1 hard on the brakes at the 1000ft mark and of course told to slow down even more. Granted I went 10.1 @ 101. But track official were cool. Just told me to keep at 10.5 or slower and have fun. So I’m going to run sport mode full out and see what the plaid can do in that mode. Just testing sport and went 11.8 on the brakes so it should be around 10.9-11.3 will post the sport runs soon.
Should a little faster than the LR in Sport Mode. Really eager to see what the results are!🙂 This may become the Drag Race Mode for people that could be kicked out.

Reactions: impastu
Tire Specifications (Factory)

Tire Type
Location​
Size​
19" All-Season
Front Rear​
255/45R19 104W XL
285/40R19 107W XL
19” Summer
Front Rear​
255/45R19 104Y XL
285/40R19 107Y XL
21" Summer
Front Rear​
265/35ZR21 101(Y) XL
295/30ZR21 102(Y) XL
Oh boy. I thought it was 21” summer. 19” all season. I guess, assuming all the new 19‘s coming were all season, we have to read the side wall to know if it’s all season? I’ll be pretty bummed out in Boston if they’re summer. It’s one of the reasons I went with 19’s. For the all season tires.

Sorry - what's the "distortion through the rear glass" you are referring to?"

When you look through the rear view mirror, the bottom part of the rear window has some severe distortion. It makes road lines etc look like a drunk person painted them. It’s the worst distortion I’ve ever seen in a passenger car. The side windows have some too near the top. It bothers some but not others. The rear glass, though? It’s plain bad…

Naw maybe with a 80% charge or higher it will 10.8-10.9. But 11.2 it is. However. It really is nurf off the line in sport. It started coming on around 660-1/8th. For sure if you want to run full out sport is the way to go. But. 10s might happen with a higher SOC but I haven’t really noticed any difference in power as of yet.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well, the summer tires are, the winters aren't. However, it seems as though all of the 19" cars are currently being shipped with summers. The only problem is: what happens when winter tires start shipping too? It makes no sense to have some cars at like 175 and some cars at 163. It's much easier from Tesla’s standpoint to limit all 19" to 163, and all Arachnid cars to 200.
Or you do what the Germans do. They put a little sticker in the corner of the windshield reminding the driver of the car's top speed with winter tires installed.

Oh boy. I thought it was 21” summer. 19” all season. I guess, assuming all the new 19‘s coming were all season, we have to read the side wall to know if it’s all season? I’ll be pretty bummed out in Boston if they’re summer. It’s one of the reasons I went with 19’s. For the all season tires.
As of right now, all 19" cars look to be equipped with summer tires.

Sadly, mine sure are (Summer) - but here is Seattle, it might not matter. Wonder how these P Zero PZ4 Elect Pirelli's perform on wet roads? Anyone know?

Guess you'll find out! I used my PS4S tires on the Model 3 P all year around (I just didn't drive on those couple of days there was snow/ice on the ground). They did fine in 30-40F weather though I would take it a lot easier in those conditions, especially with the power of Plaid. I hope the Pirellis perform similarly, but I'm not sure how much data there is since this is a new EV-type tire.

• Helpful