Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if these MS mudflaps/splash guards will fit the new MS Plaid/LR? I emailed the company but haven't received a response thus far...

Reactions: impastu
Anyone know if these MS mudflaps/splash guards will fit the new MS Plaid/LR? I emailed the company but haven't received a response thus far...

Doubtful, and the refreshed and Raven are not compatible. Given the year ranges for the ad, no way.

Thank you. Super helpful. I bought the mud flaps from Amazon, and the associated tools and fasteners. Already received ceramic coating and bedmaker is on its way. Wish my plaid was on its way. One clarification, is there a reason to use clay bar after PPF? My understanding was clay bar is for paint imperfections.
Can you please post the flaps you purchased ? Going to be preemptive.....

I'm seeking advice from the community, especially from experienced folks such as @boonedocks @jebinc @sflgator @kgoroway. I'm very interested in applying the ceramic polish and bedmaker treatment of the full body every few months because I will treat my plaid like my 4th child. But also concerned about chip accumulation, which the ceramic polish won't resist. PPF appears a compelling option, but is there a benefit to completing a ceramic polish coat series ahead of PPF? Does PPF bead water like wax? What are the proper clean and care procedures for PPF? I will ask my local PPF shop, which is said by my BMW tuner to do very high quality work, but I'd like some intel from the community for comparison. Thanks in advance

1) No benefit to ceramic underneath PPF.
2) You may not care, but I did a beadmaker experiment with my M3P over 6 months. I washed the car like I normally do every weekend (to prepare for car shows) During the experiment, I applied beadmaker to the entire drivers side of the vehicle. Never once did I apply it to the passenger side. In the end, it made absolutely no difference, other than actually feeling physically smoother right after application. I still have 1/2 a bottle with no use for it... YMMV.
3) Some PPF material is hydrophobic, yes, but not all.
4) Your installer can talk to you about the care of PPF, but, in general, neutral soaps (also important for ceramic), and treat it like paint (don't use dirty towels to dry it off, prefer air drying instead anyway).

Last edited:
Hey…as we all went from blank to getting our cars in the next couple months (with winter coming), what are ppf plans if at all? Front full package? Front half hood? Full car? Ppf and ceramic? Ceramic instead and only? Commando? Not asking to compare prices. I get the prices range all over the country from some k’s to lots of k’s.
Just asking for ppf plans is all, if any, to stay on topic point. If you’re planning on nothing, no need to pontificate why. Thanks. I keep wavering on nothing to full front and am thinking now full car for swirls, scratches etc. I don’t think it adds for resale. I’m getting black, plan on keeping for 10 years and am thinking going full, no ceramic or adding ceramic another time as it’s 1/8th the cost and serves a different purpose, and a discussion with my shop about bolstering rockers and splash guard areas now if possible while having them tint the windows too.
Here‘s an interesting video.
Front , mirrors, fenders.

These are the same wheels I'm getting but on @kgoroway 's blue MS Plaid; got mine to match the exact 21" oem Arachnid sizes and offsets. So, whatever you want to call them I guess. btw -- Brooks @ Dragtimes.com is now running his red MS Plaid on these exact wheels as well. Super aggressive and nice concave design...I think they look great on the MS Plaid, not to mention a 10lb unsprung weight reduction per wheel so 40lb total less! 🔥:cool:👍 View attachment 697016
View attachment 697017
View attachment 697018
Man. Those look out of this world.

I'm seeking advice from the community, especially from experienced folks such as @boonedocks @jebinc @sflgator @kgoroway. I'm very interested in applying the ceramic polish and bedmaker treatment of the full body every few months because I will treat my plaid like my 4th child. But also concerned about chip accumulation, which the ceramic polish won't resist. PPF appears a compelling option, but is there a benefit to completing a ceramic polish coat series ahead of PPF? Does PPF bead water like wax? What are the proper clean and care procedures for PPF? I will ask my local PPF shop, which is said by my BMW tuner to do very high quality work, but I'd like some intel from the community for comparison. Thanks in advance
A decent PPF installer will do a good job cleaning and prepping the paint surface before installing the PPF. There is no benefit at all to doing any other paint prep or coatings before the PPF.

As for after the PPF installation…the PPF without a ceramic coating would need to be treated just like you would your paint surface. Washing and waxing for hydrophobic beading. I did not have my 2019 Raven S ceramic coated after PPF and really wish I had after about 6 months.

(Our 3 other Tesla’s from 2015 S / 2017 S / 2017 X all had PPF and ceramic coating and our X still today looks brand new with no swirls and water beads and literally drys off by the time we get home from our local drive through car wash where it gets washed 1-2 times a week.

Last edited: