Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was all white on my cell, home computer, incognito windows etc…. I tried clearing history, cookies, cache, etc. finally after trying many times it started working again (all those things I did had no impact on fixing the issue)…

UPDATE: still doesn’t work on my Mac (safari and chrome). Only works on my cell.
Not sure what's happening. Working fine on my laptop connected to work WiFi. Doesn't work on my cell connected to WiFi or LTE signal. Probably accounts for the slow activity.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@impastu Ceramic should go on after PPF, otherwise PPF adhesion could be a problem. No more than three coats of Ceramic; clay bar first. I put 3 coats on my 2019 M3+ have only used beadmaker since. Do not put ceramic on every four months. Maybe, if you must, add a coat every 12-24 months. PPF needs to be waxed, ceramic coated, etc. to shine. It's duller than paint. Ceramic coating should be treated like any other sealant/wax. After two washes, I quickly reapply Beadmaker. Nothing special. Note: I didn't have PPF put on either my 3 or Plaid, but did invest in, and installed, mud flaps ASAP.
Thank you. Super helpful. I bought the mud flaps from Amazon, and the associated tools and fasteners. Already received ceramic coating and bedmaker is on its way. Wish my plaid was on its way. One clarification, is there a reason to use clay bar after PPF? My understanding was clay bar is for paint imperfections.

Thank you. Super helpful. I bought the mud flaps from Amazon, and the associated tools and fasteners. Already received ceramic coating and bedmaker is on its way. Wish my plaid was on its way. One clarification, is there a reason to use clay bar after PPF? My understanding was clay bar is for paint imperfections.
I would use the clay bar, BEFORE PPF and Ceramic. That's just me.

Yes, it was pre price hike….I’m potentially taking a reservation from someone…. I have one that is Black with White interior (February delivery) and MSM with black with October delivery.

unfortunately, I am aware of the 10k difference. I can’t seem to love the white / walnut interior or the MSM exterior. I’m going to get stuck with the price hike so I might as well go with the MSM that has a delivery date of October. With that being said, any idea what that would do to the delivery date?? I don’t seem to see many people taking delivery of black / black / 21s LR as of recently.
If you change from MSM/Black to Black/Black it's going to cost you $10K and might move you into 2022.

EDIT: If you're that set on black, I'd take delivery of the MSM and have it professionally painted. I would have to think that's cheaper than $10K.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Big jump in my plaid order

MSP/Red/black/FSD/19 went from January to August 18-September 17. Thought I had placed CF on it though so will probably edit to add CF to the black but will be back to January I expect

MSP/Blue/White/FSD/19 went back to original August 27th-September 26
Is your current order with wood trim then? If it’s with CF, that’s exactly my config! And that of @DukeofURL

Several of you have asked me to provide a "first Impressions" driving post. It can be found here.

Oh boy. I thought it was 21” summer. 19” all season. I guess, assuming all the new 19‘s coming were all season, we have to read the side wall to know if it’s all season? I’ll be pretty bummed out in Boston if they’re summer. It’s one of the reasons I went with 19’s. For the all season tires.
I was hoping being in Florida the 19s were summer lol

If you change from MSM/Black to Black/Black it's going to cost you $10K and might move you into 2022.

EDIT: If you're that set on black, I'd take delivery of the MSM and have it professionally painted. I would have to think that's cheaper than $10K.
Not a bad option..Im not sure how I feel about aftermarket or wrap....

is it guaranteed if I change ext or interior color the price will increase? or is it hit or miss?

The prices you guys are quoting for wraps and PPF is so high. Around here it's 2k from the most expensive shops. 10k? That's insane
I scheduled an appt in Dallas for mine this past weekend, for WHENEVER I get the damn car, and it's $4k, but the manager said it will probably come out to a little less. That was his high-side estimate just to be safe. And that is a full wrap PPF job including over-wrapping rounded edges because I do use an automatic car wash.

In 6 days
11 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 17 Sep
12 Aug showed - 25 Aug - 14 Sep
13 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 11 Sep
14 Aug showed - 26 Aug - 8 Sep
15 Aug showed - 27 Aug - 8 Sep
16 Aug shows - 28 Aug - 8 Sep

WHERE'S MY CAR ELON???
Look for the attendant guy driving it around from the parking lot - like in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".